Will the Lumia 1020 ever get 4g access?

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
4g access

Will Lumia 1020 (producted in Vietnam, rm-875_apac_vietnam_234) ever get access to 4g networks, or only access to 2g and 3g technology? Or with windows 10 support for 8.1 is ended?
(OS Lumia Denim, latest, with 4g capable sim, in 4g area with full coverage on other phone.)
Thanks in advance.wp_ss_20160408_0006.png

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
nokia 1020 supports 4g. don't know why you not getting it. It could be either your network or your country version doesn't support 4g?

NokiaLumiaUser

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I have 4g sim in that area with good coverage, and phone supports it. It is because of phone, Microsoft disabled in Vietnam firmware, like some nokia in India before.. Now Vietnam realized 4g.. How to tell Microsoft to push the update?
Twitter - GabeAul? No success. Another option?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have 4g sim in that area with good coverage, and phone supports it. It is because of phone, Microsoft disabled in Vietnam firmware, like some nokia in India before.. Now Vietnam realized 4g.. How to tell Microsoft to push the update?

does your city have a care centre? Or does your country lumia section have a facebook page? You can ask there

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Considering they aren't going to bother with the extra effort sticking 10 on older phones, I honestly cannot see them putting together anything for a single older phone, let alone on variant of that phone.

Of course, it may not even have the proper 4G LTE band hardware too.

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Here in europe 4G is working out of the box.
You sure there is coverage where you are? Also could be software and region limited. You could try flashing other region software on it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos