Who of us still with 1020 as the only and main phone?

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, patrikmore! How the battery been for you? I'm debating updating my 1020 to W10, since I have to do a factory reset on it as it went bonkers and none of the MS apps work now.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I suggest installing before windows 8.1 denim thru Microsoft recovery tool. Wait a week. Then install W10 thru "insider".
Battery on W10 is the same. Not good! If you don't use the phone it could last for two days. Depending on use, battery could be working till the middle of the afternoon or the end of day.

Mohd Fadyllah

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
My phone just came back from vendor..i update to wm10 and had overheat and batt drain like crazy. They revert mine to 8.1 since i am unable to do it my self(the tool stated no image for my phone)...

Anybody care to share how to revert back to 8.1?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Some vendors product code aren't common at all. Tools exist to replace firmware with more common product code. After that Microsoft Recovery Tool will work.
By the way, if the product code not fit the phone, (it's for another model), it's normal to have bad performance.

coolibop

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
So the insider preview of W10 works smoothly on the 1020? How's the battery life, and why shouldn't I do a hard reset after installing W10?

I've been using w10 on my 1020 as a daily driver. Battery issues were bad at first but have improved with each subsequent update. I can't even remember the battery performance on 8.1. I figure I get about 4 hrs of continuous use.

Mohd Fadyllah

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Some vendors product code aren't common at all. Tools exist to replace firmware with more common product code. After that Microsoft Recovery Tool will work.
By the way, if the product code not fit the phone, (it's for another model), it's normal to have bad performance.

If thats the case, i wont try wm10 again..i thought we can backup our wp8.1

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
318 is a major improvement in speed on the 1020. I did a side by side comparison with my wifes 1020 on 8.1, there is no difference in speed in the OS now, scrolling is butter, all apps except for our banking app opened the same speed etc. Our banking app from RBC took longer on the w10m equipped 1020. I am very happy with the new update.

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm on .242 on my 1020, and it's working very smoothly. Those who have .318, is that Fast Ring? I decided to go cautious and use Release Preview only as, it's my "daily driver". Does .318 fix the issue with recording video in mono only on the 1020? See the recent allaboutwindowsphone article on the reasons not to upgrade the 1020 to Windows 10. They include the glance screen not moving around the screen, creating potential burn-in issues (on builds prior to .242 I didn't have this issue; on .242, I notice that it does quite often get stuck in the bottom position, but sometimes it does what it's supposed to do, so buggy). Mr Litchfield also did some timings on .242 as against 8.1 Update 1, and reckons it takes nearly 60% longer to open most apps and other functions on the phone. Having said all that, I can't see myself easily going back to 8.1. The new Outlook is the killer app for me. Can't live without it. Ability to open virtually all Office documents, even password protected, is also indispensable. I'd only go back to 8.1 on this phone if I got a new daily driver and decided to keep this as a dedicated camera and (maybe) navigation device.

farhanaxiq

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Use it since launched, but i recently upgrade my phone to 950 because the usb on my 1020 start to give up( it charge at weird angle and no data sync), but i miss the 1020 so much, is the most satisfying phone I've use, shot 2300 pic and 120 video on it.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Use it since launched, but i recently upgrade my phone to 950 because the usb on my 1020 start to give up( it charge at weird angle and no data sync), but i miss the 1020 so much, is the most satisfying phone I've use, shot 2300 pic and 120 video on it.
What do you think the 950 lacks? I'm curious, because I'm tempted to replace my 1020.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I love mine... Mostly for the camera , but lately the battery is draining super fast wth nothing running in the back ground...99% -38% in 6hrs of only a couple text and phone call.. But love my phone

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
What do you think the 950 lacks? I'm curious, because I'm tempted to replace my 1020.

it's more of at present the 950 isn't polished yet because the software lets it down. Camera software still isn't as great as it should be, word flow isn't as great though it's getting better. Mind you, the hardware is excellent and some added features are a bonus like removable batteries and fast charging.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
it's more of at present the 950 isn't polished yet because the software lets it down. Camera software still isn't as great as it should be, word flow isn't as great though it's getting better. Mind you, the hardware is excellent and some added features are a bonus like removable batteries and fast charging.
That's exactly what I thought about the 950's when they came, but isn't it pretty good after all these updates?

BigHulkDiesel

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I got lucky and found a brand new sealed Lumia 1020 ATT version about a month ago. I had this model when it came out and used it for about a year and a half. It was my all time favorite phone. Now I have returned, have been using it for a month now. This beast can't be beat!

farhanaxiq

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
950 just lack the heft and feel of the 1020, and I really miss the 34mp resolution on the 1020, the shutter noise, but other than that, 950 really beat the 1020, its fast, the software is smooth now on .318 rarely lag

cossie boy

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Had an 800 which was great and luv my 1020 even more!

Had four handsets about two years until finally one which worked without issues :)

But last night it started playing up with the power button :/

v_2samg

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I am still using my Lumia 1020 as my one and only phone with Windows 10 Mobile 10586.318. The only thing I am a little upset with is that Skype Video does not recognize the camera. However the Skype application does. The quick battery drain lately is also concerning. Apart from that everything works OK.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3