Who of us still with 1020 as the only and main phone?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
What I said though we wish they could look into it. It might be just a simple one line piece of code that says:accept audio from multiple mics yes or no
They could but why would they? Its not supposed to be on W10M (officially) anyways..besides any company would prefer its customers to be on their latest devices and not stick to the old ones because they are still supporting them. But I agree with you, it "would have" been nice if Microsoft was kinda cool to support it. Mind it, some of these decisions are not made by the developers but management (most of them don't have any coding background) so even though it might take the dev a minute to insert a flag, debug, build and package, it still has to through someone "higher up the chain's" approval.

laserfloyd

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Sporting my 1020. Even gave my wife the 950 when her phone was smashed and that was the replacement phone. I'll use it until something comes along, hopefully, that wows me. Nothing as of yet has done so. :/

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Not 1020 but I went from 920 (same phone otherwise) was happy with transition to 930 with snappier response... a bit disappointed in the low light performance of the camera but felt it was an overall upgrade.

Now onto 950xl on day 1 and while it was a rough start, now I'm happy with the updates and general support, camera pretty damned good. Especially happier with webpages working so much better on edge than the 8.1 browser.

Just my opinion but I think you guys are missing out.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Meee, love it, have Windows 10 and its stable. No hardware update to take advantage of the camera I guess? Im waiting for X3 and will roll back to 8.1 and use it for jogging. Definately keeping it, even when/if it kicks the bucket.

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm using it as only an main phone. Currently sporting Threshold .338, and loving it. I'm still clinging on to the hope that the registry trick for installing Redstone (which is currently working again) will enable me to have the Anniversary edition as the last OS for this phone. Right now it's reportedly way too buggy.

ucyimDa_Ruler

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
1020 was my primary phone but I gave in with the current promotions. Traded the 1020 in for $150 rebate off of the 950 and 950 XL phone combo. Best money spent! Got both phones for $500 total. Gave the 950 away to a friend that broke his Android screen.

Pictures are faster.
Battery lasts.
Very fluid phone.
FAST CHARGING!

I am no longer on the FAST RING insider program. I have insider fatigue and will no longer join unless the builds become stable for core features and a mandatory hard reset is no longer the norm. That process should **** people off more but lots of stupid people are apparently used to it.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Still on my 1020 after 2.5 years, 8.1. Probably going to be on it a while longer. Two major problems I have with the phone are 1. focus; both with video and still photos; it seems to be getting worse on the still photos. :( gonna have to stick with manual focus for somethings. 2. the email app tells me about once a month that my Yahoo account needs updating; it doesn't but the email app thinks it does...

MurphieB

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Long time Nokia user here. N79, N8, 1020. My 1020 is really showing its age. I still daily it but battery life is not so great these days. Recently updated to windows 10, and it's okay, but nothing all that great. I'm at a loss on what to get next. The 950 doesn't look that great honestly. Xperia X maybe. I'm probably ditching windows mobile. No real compelling reason to stay at this point.

Josh Methven

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a 1020 as well. Since 2014 May-June ish, running win10 on the production insider ring, unrelated but due to the age the battery now sucks..a lot. It gets suuuper hot playing minecraft and just kills the battery playing any game. Camera is still working fine, physically the phone is on a good track. But I'm contemplating upgrading to a 950. I'm not sure this battery will make it to 2016's surface phones release

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For all those using lumia 1020, take good care of it as long as you can. Mine got stolen and I've been looking at dslr cameras and wow, are they expensive. They don't have internal storage, so you have to buy the card. They don't come with lens so you have to buy those too. The lens are usually not all purpose, so you have to buy more lenses for different scenarios. DSLR cameras also have poor video recording capabilities as the battery won't last for very long.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Currently with W10 release .10458 (insider preview). Not using Cortana, one drive, lock screen, search (Bing). Manual focus not accurate, automatic focus works well. All apps that where installed on 8.1 are doing fine. (no hard reset). I changed myself the battery. I'm stuck with this phone. Waiting for a replacement of any kind but the best for photos. Perhaps this fall there will be a good surprise.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Currently with W10 release .10458 (insider preview). Not using Cortana, one drive, lock screen, search (Bing). Manual focus not accurate, automatic focus works well. All apps that where installed on 8.1 are doing fine. (no hard reset). I changed myself the battery. I'm stuck with this phone. Waiting for a replacement of any kind but the best for photos. Perhaps this fall there will be a good surprise.

OS version can be checked by going to settings > system >about > OS build
The latest that can work with the 1020 is 10586.338

Nabil Zakaria

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Funny thing, was reading this a few days back when I still HAD my Lumia 1020. After having the glass super-cracked in September 2016, I dropped it again two days ago, resulting in the screen underneath the glass to stop working properly.

Got it as a gift by the end of 2013. Love the super camera. My videos that I've shot over the years are amazingly vivid. Even the microphone is superb. Still listen to the videos of live bands I've recorded, the mic was that good.

Despite people shoving (commoners') Android and (super-evil conglomerate's) iPhones on my face, I stuck to my 1020. Windows Phone was nothing much, but the overall feel of the OS has always been my biggest draw. It is unique, unlike the rest.

No Instagram but there's 6tag. Decent Facebook and Twitter apps. Waze works ok (f u Google for the lack of updates). Spotify works ok too. With whatsApp, the official Manchester United app, Onefootball, decent native mail client, Shazam, Messenger, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office apps, decent photo editors like Fotor and PicsArt, and some others apps, never felt much pang of the app gap. My Lumia 1020 provided sufficiently.

Was really disappointed to learn that Windows 10 Mobile isn't coming to the 1020. Couple that with no forthcoming successor to 1020 from Nokia/Microsoft, I can't help but feel betrayed. By far the best phone I've had in my 26 years of living, to not be able to continue with phones of the same line gets me really sad. After less than three years of defending Lumia/Nokia/Microsfot/Windows Phone indomitably, I feel like a jilted lover. Discarded, and forgotten.

Using a ****ty Huawei now. Will save up to get a Windows 10 Mobile and see how it goes from there. If not, will most prolly (unwillingly) switch to iOS. For now eyeing Nuans Neo from Japan (Waiting for its Kickstarter global release campaing by the end of June).

All left to do now is dedicate an a full-minute length Instagram video shot on the Lumia 1020. You can see it at https://www.instagram.com/p/BGqhg6JhNMX/?taken-by=zabilnakaria . Other than that... adios Lumia 1020. I will always love you :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb