Who of us still with 1020 as the only and main phone?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

I still use my Lumia 1020, I shot over 6000 pictures with it and I have more than 100 hours of video.
This is my only phone and I use it as an all-in-one device.
I'm very satisfied of it. I love it.
If and only if Microsoft will have another device with a camera with a 41Mpixels sensor or more or if Nokia will come back in business with a device better than Lumia 1020 then I'll change my L1020.
I forgot to tell that I've installed W10Mobile insider on it and it works very well.

I think I have 8000 or more, don't know really but my picture storage has reached 168GB and counting

djsiddz

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my 1020 with WP8.1! It's my main and only phone currently. Still in love with the Camera, the UI and the Camera Grip cover! I really don't see myself saying good bye to this phone ever. I'll probably keep it forever. It is a Classic! I didn't try W10M on my phone because I couldn't risk my main driver! I'm still debating if I should get W10M on via Insider (that is, if it is available now). Is it stable enough?

Microsoft broke my heart when it said it is not bringing W10M officially for the 1020. I love how the phone works. The app gap doesn't matter much, I have all the apps on this platform which I need. So not going to change it for at least another year. (P.S. Secretly hoping somehow MSFT decides to bring W10M to the 1020 or a real successor to it. Is it going to be the Surface Phone? Who knows.)

I might get a separate phone for trying out W10M soon! Any suggestions? 950/950XL are currently out of my budget so spare them.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm with my 1020. The camera outstanding. The phone classy. Mail, swipe keyboard, WhatsApp, Here apps, Opera Mini, all working !
I'm am with W10. My tips are previous O.S. 8.1 has to be very stable with not too many functions enabled, and when W10 is installed, don't do hard reset !

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
You have to be "insider" that is to say download the app from the shop, and enrol with your Microsoft account.
Microsoft paths aren't straight at all.
After that, please follow the advice on my previous post. Also, install only "preview".

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Still using my 1020 for 2 years now. When can we expect WP10 update? Or is it not going to happen? ��

It is not being officially released to the 1020. The only way you will ever get Windows 10 on the device is to use the insider program. There will also be no further support for the device after version .218

Mohd Fadyllah

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Im using m9 and 1020. Android is easier to access anything sorry to WP. But i still love WP and 1020. But..battery life for lumia 1020 (or is it WP) is terrible. I use to have Oppo R7 Plus with 4000mah and really hard to kill the battery on regular usage(nearly 2 days) but lumia is just half the capacity so id expect around atleast 10 hours but no...i plug off around 6am..i need to recharge around 11-12pm. My m9 can go 6am to 4 to 5pm. Something wrong here.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Alan Campot

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1020 user here, from Argentina.
Bought one 2 years ago, got stolen. Then I bought the 735 one year ago, which was an affordable and still powerful device. Dropped it to the floor and smashed the glass.
I took the opportunity to go back to the beggining of this love story, and bought another 1020. It wasn't cheap because it's hard to find a new device in this country, since the restrictions to import mobile phones.
I regret NOTHING. This is the best smartphone i've ever touched. It's not just about the camera, it's about all the things that make it special, even the curved glass. You get for examen Glance screen, which is absent from almost all Android devices, and then they added it to the S7 and the G5, and now it seems like a new world. B*tch please, my 1020 had it for a long time, and amazes people with that "peek" option when you take it out of your pocket.
In Argentina, the 90% of the market share is for Android devices, most of them Samsung. Even iPhone users double WP users. That makes me feel more special, because every time I put my Lumia 1020 on the table, i get that "What's that phone?" :)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm on build 10586.242, stable and no bugs at all.

Last edited:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It is not being officially released to the 1020. The only way you will ever get Windows 10 on the device is to use the insider program. There will also be no further support for the device after version .218

Please don't spread FUD. Yes, the 1020 is not getting the "official" W10M but it will get all updates, respectively cumulative updates/sub builds for 10586.xxx
10586.312 is already getting tested and will make it's way to the 1020 and all other phones with 10586.xxx on them real soon. The 1020 will get all updates to 10586 till Redstone drops (probably in July)

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Please don't spread FUD. Yes, the 1020 is not getting the "official" W10M but it will get all updates, respectively cumulative updates/sub builds for 10586.xxx
10586.312 is already getting tested and will make it's way to the 1020 and all other phones with 10586.xxx on them real soon. The 1020 will get all updates to 10586 till Redstone drops (probably in July)

Get off your high horse... Windows 10 is NOT being officially released for the 1020.

Who cares what updates it may get on the insider program.... there is no and will be no official support for it....

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Get off your high horse... Windows 10 is NOT being officially released for the 1020.

Who cares what updates it may get on the insider program.... there is no and will be no official support for it....

I'm not on a "high horse" - I just corrected your false information. I repeat: Lumia 1020 is not offically supported but will get all cumulative updates till Redstone gets it's offical release

art meadows

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I still use my 1020 as my only phone. I love love this phone. This may be off topic, but I received this email from AOL.
"We want to inform you that these changes do not impact in any way smart devices (smart phones, tablets, etc) running on Android, iOS or Windows mobile operating systems. This means you can continue to access your AOL Mail using a browser without any issues after April 27th."
I have the Windows mobile operating system and still can't get mail to work. Anyone else have this problem or anyone have a solution to this problem.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm with my 1020. The camera outstanding. The phone classy. Mail, swipe keyboard, WhatsApp, Here apps, Opera Mini, all working !
I'm am with W10. My tips are previous O.S. 8.1 has to be very stable with not too many functions enabled, and when W10 is installed, don't do hard reset !
So the insider preview of W10 works smoothly on the 1020? How's the battery life, and why shouldn't I do a hard reset after installing W10?

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
W10 works almost smoothly. But as the goes by it improves slowly. In fact not even the official version is finished.
Anyway, is thrilling to see the phone working differently.
And for the reason not doing hard reset, it's because the specific firmware layer is missing. If an app works on 8.1 it will work on 10 without hard reset. You can't grant the opposite. Besides, some apps like Here, will be uninstalled.