Who of us still with 1020 as the only and main phone?

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
still using my 1020 as my daily, its very solid, reliable on windows 10 here for me, and still has great battery life, will keep it for another year until 10th anniversary iphone :(

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Still using my 1020 as my daily driver. I have a spare as well and just ordered some extra parts to repair either should they require! I am running Windows 10 on both as well. :)

ramiusm

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Currently using a Yellow 1020. Still works very well, and I'm running WP8.1 on it. At least Whatsapp still works on this thing, unlike my other BlackBerry Passport, where Whatsapp will not be supported at the end of the year. I still love the camera and the quality of the images captured by the 1020. I'll probably keep this 1020 running for a long time yet.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
1020 for me, installed Lumia Camera to get DNG back on Windows 10. Its an iconic phone, will keep it no matter what device I get in future.

anon(9195169)

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks! Please help me my Nokia Lumia 1020 both flash stopped working and i don't know why. But the camera is working perfectly normal. Any solution please?

Yogendra1911

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I was using 1020 as my primary device till last week. Then during recovery USB got disconnected and its bricked. Had problem with USB connection from a while. Looking for JTAG flasher nearby. Hopefully will revive my 1020 again. Using android in mean time but hate the emptiness of 2 year old 1020 :<

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I was using 1020 as my primary device till last week. Then during recovery USB got disconnected and its bricked. Had problem with USB connection from a while. Looking for JTAG flasher nearby. Hopefully will revive my 1020 again. Using android in mean time but hate the emptiness of 2 year old 1020 :<

I had to dump mine last year for the same reason. USB port didn't work and couldn't recover from early Windows 10 Mobile preview builds that ruined the device.

Went to 640 XL and then 950 XL.

Yogendra1911

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
So I have changed USB flex cable by myself, Replacing was not easy but I had to. It started charging again but the boot loader is missing due to cable problem and now looking for nearby JTAG flasher. Nobody is doing that kind of flashing in my area it seems. Let me know if any of you know such shop in Pune, India ?

Yogendra1911

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeay, Revived my 1020 today. without JTAG.

I had to dump mine last year for the same reason. USB port didn't work and couldn't recover from early Windows 10 Mobile preview builds that ruined the device.
If you still have 1020 you can try changing the USB flex cable.
For flashing I had to short-circuit R3209 from eMMC so that it could be detected with Nokia Emergency Connectivity.

If anyone need help regarding that here is the thread I started in XDA has solution.
[Help] Bricked Lumia 1020 - Blank Screen - U?€? | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Was surprised to get the "anniversary" update to my 1020 last night!

(I should point out that it is not the real anniversary update... but that is what it says when you view "more info")

Build 10586.682

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
My L1020 is downloading 10586.682 now. I'll keep using it for another month also then things could change. Let's see.

Marlon Bu

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
10586.682 is for me a little more unstable, but battery lasts longer. Camera still crashes often and needs to fully restart the system to get camera working again.

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
How's it going so far. Any showstoppers?

The biggest improvement for me by far is the battery life... I wasn't even getting a day out of it before this update and now I am still on 60-70% by 4pm which was unheard of before. The only other noticeable change for me is that the phone doesn't seem to get as warm in use anymore either. I mainly use the device as a camera and having the display on for longer than 5 minutes at a time used to heat the thing up pretty quick, but that seems to have been fixed.

I still have issues with apps that try to access the camera (skype, office lens etc) which just don't work, but for the most part this seems to have been a pretty positive update for me :)

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the input, gang. Darn, I did jump the gun, it seems. [Yeah, I'm THAT dumb :amaze:]

[For the following comments; it is a US-based L1020/ATT, Keep in mind that I have never used this L1020 as a phone yet. I was planning to switch the account to it this week. ]

I have to get home and check again but I suspect I was a little "too successful" in jumping to W10. From 8.1 it seems that (in stages) my L1020 went to [v1607] 10.0.14965.1001 in WI's Slow Ring (one of the latest Redstone builds?). My own PC's are lower!

One nice thing is that I recovered the Lumia/Nokia Camera -- which I lost at the initial W10 stages -- and that works just fine after 50 or so test shots. Oddest thing, however, is that the Windows Start menu listed it as "Nokia Camera" at first. And then, it switched to listing it as "Lumia Camera" the same afternoon. Go figure...it seems to be working just the same.

There are other oddities which have been observed by others in earlier builds of W10. For example, "Glance" is gone. Also, while taking pictures, the camera DID flame out twice but came back up without a need for reboot. I suspect that it was just me sliding my finger too far around on the manual exposure ring controls...hitting the bottom controls by mistake. I do need to check again.

One major (unknown) oddity so far...I had changed the phone's registry to "1520" for the forced upgrade tweak. Yet, with this latest build it had accepted, it switched itself back to "Nokia 909". I am now wondering if it it will no longer accept W10 W_Insider upgrades as a result. For now I am hesitant to go to try the Fast Ring. So, I'll post what I find as I see it...and reply to q's.

I still plan to switch the phone account this week...living THIS dangerously is [affordably] appealing:grin:

Last edited:

cliac

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The biggest improvement for me by far is the battery life... I wasn't even getting a day out of it before this update and now I am still on 60-70% by 4pm which was unheard of before. ...
I can confirm this point. The battery lasted for 6~8 hrs when I had .594. Now I think it's at about 15 hrs with normal use. It still drain very fast when using some apps though.

...I still have issues with apps that try to access the camera (skype, office lens etc) which just don't work, but for the most part this seems to have been a pretty positive update for me :)
The camera didn't work right after .682 installed. I did a soft reset then the problem was gone. The only app that has camera problem for me is official BOA. Office Lens works fine. I don't use Skype so I can't test it.

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
There are other oddities which have been observed by others in earlier builds of W10. For example, "Glance" is gone. :

Glance screen only disappears if you hack install redstone to the device... it has and still works fine on the correct insider builds built for the 1020. Or at least I have never had an issue with it.... would be a deal breaker for me if it stopped working as I keep my phone on a charging stand at work where it is set to display constantly.

The camera didn't work right after .682 installed. I did a soft reset then the problem was gone. The only app that has camera problem for me is official BOA. Office Lens works fine. I don't use Skype so I can't test it.

Yup, soft reset fixed office lens.... no go with Skype though (no biggie as I don't actually use it either, but just one of the things I have found that doesn't work...)

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Glance screen only disappears if you hack install redstone to the device... it has and still works fine on the correct insider builds built for the 1020. Or at least I have never had an issue with it.... would be a deal breaker for me if it stopped working as I keep my phone on a charging stand at work where it is set to display constantly.

Thanks! I was aware that I could get it back but it never hurts to get confirmation.

Of far more concern, I borrowed an active H2O SIM card and finally tried it as a phone when I got home this evening. It mostly worked fine but...bummer, the exception may be a showstopper for me! That's because "hotspot" is blocked in this unlocked formerly ATT unit. Yet, in a miserable Blu Win Jr, LTE+Win10 the hotspot speed using this same SIM rivals some basic cable broadband speeds!

There probably is a way around this issue...more tricks to search...never a dull moment!

vivinia

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
i was use 1020 as the only and main phone untill this monday.my screen was brokened now and i cannot find a lumia 1020 screen in China now.who can help me ?thanks !!:winktongue:

Last edited by a moderator: