Who of us still with 1020 as the only and main phone?

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is anybody using the Nokia 1020 as their daily driver?

Oh cool, I love photography & was thinking of getting a 1020 to use for the next year. How does the 950xl compare to the 1020 from a photography standpoint? Thanks for the reply

Well the 1020 has a 41mp camera, but that being said the 950xl has a pretty nice camera too, and is running w10m. All I know is my Daughter doesnt want to give it up. However the downside is that the 1020 you can add an SD card. It has always bugged me that a phone that was essentially a Camera primarily didnt make an allowance for an sd card. That alone was a deal breaker for me personally. So while my Daughter got the 1020 I got the 1520 back then. If you ask me I would go with the 950XL because it has better features overall.

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site

You know also, something my Daughter has been drooling over for a while is a product called Beastgrip Pro.

Its a Universal Frame that attaches to a smart phone and allows you to attach professional camera lenses and also allows you to mount the whole thing to a tripod or whatever, it looks interesting.

Diehlirious

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site

Well the 1020 has a 41mp camera, but that being said the 950xl has a pretty nice camera too, and is running w10m. All I know is my Daughter doesnt want to give it up. However the downside is that the 1020 you can add an SD card. It has always bugged me that a phone that was essentially a Camera primarily didnt make an allowance for an sd card. That alone was a deal breaker for me personally. So while my Daughter got the 1020 I got the 1520 back then. If you ask me I would go with the 950XL because it has better features overall.

Was a lack of SD Card a deal breaker because of overall storage?

What version of the OS I don't think will matter for me but you have me thinking. I was pretty sure I was going to go with 1020, but I'm open to the 950 & the 1520. It seems to me like the 1020 is the way to go because of the sensor size, 41mp, special flash, lossless zoom capabilities & just overall results but I'm doing my best to try to sort through everything.

Last edited:

Diehlirious

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site

My and Wife and my Daughter both were, Daughter still is, but since MS denied the upgrade to windows 10 my wife now uses a 950XL but my daughter who loves the camera wont give it up.

Its holding up surprisingly well despite how hard my Daughter is on it.

Has she compared her 1020 to the 950x? What does she think if she has? If you happen to know, no biggie if you don't

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I would, but my battery just cannot hold a charge anymore, and I dropped it so many times that I actually bumped one of the lenses out of calibration, so one side of my photos are no longer clear.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow. Nokia 810 was my first smartphone in December of 2012 running windows 8.0.

It's too bad T-Mobile EOLed it not even 6 months after its release....pretty sure it wasn't even 6 months.

Probably the smoothest experience I ever had on a windows phone . Removable battery and great build quality.

Dan Min

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I originally purchased the phone for the camera and it was a beautiful adventure, of models, places, and things. Not the greatest thing but man. I honestly hold this more then any iphone at the moment. However my 1020 the store stopped functioning. However I was loading up on apps which is sad to note. I have to probably put apps on it the same way I have to with Android devices.
If I could get the Lumia 1020 to hook up to my display in HD or 4K it would probably replace my Nvidia shield tablet. Currently my
Lumia 1020
Nvidia shield
SONY A7RII
Are probably my most go to electronic devices. I really wish somebody could combine them all. Looks like Apple will release an Ipad with a 42MP that can run Android or Ubuntu one day.