Why aren't my apps loading on my Lumia 1020?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have had my phone for the past year and a half and have loved the camera and the different feel, but as of last week several of the apps on my home screen went to a blank tile and when I try to open it, the phone will default back to the home screen. Several of my tiles aren't of life or death importance, but my mail app will not open locking me out of my account. My calendar still believes it is June 11 and the notification for my activities that day is frozen on the screen. I'm also only receiving select messages on my phone and the data is defaulting to the "on" action. "What to do" is my overall question.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have had my phone for the past year and a half and have loved the camera and the different feel, but as of last week several of the apps on my home screen went to a blank tile and when I try to open it, the phone will default back to the home screen. Several of my tiles aren't of life or death importance, but my mail app will not open locking me out of my account. My calendar still believes it is June 11 and the notification for my activities that day is frozen on the screen. I'm also only receiving select messages on my phone and the data is defaulting to the "on" action. "What to do" is my overall question.

check for updates for both OS and apps if you can
Second option would be to restart the phone and see if that makes any difference

If the above fails, you'll have to reset your phone (factory reset)

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss