Redstone on the 1020

Kartic Kaushal

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
running quit well. even am missing Glance.
previously camera use to give problem when i installed, Lumia Camera, thus have to delete it.
Today updated to latest build, but now am nt able to install lumia camera from store!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
running quit well. even am missing Glance.
previously camera use to give problem when i installed, Lumia Camera, thus have to delete it.
Today updated to latest build, but now am nt able to install lumia camera from store!

what about lumia camera beta?

But I think you won't be able to since you're fooling the phone in thinking it's a 950 and the lumia camera can only be downloaded for 1020 and not 950

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
.420 is really flaky on my 1020, much worse than the previous Threshold build, which was running well.
I'm happy to report that a hard reset fixed .420 (Threshold, not Redstone) on my 1020, and it's now running buttery smooth, and standby battery life is ASTOUNDING. I left it all day in standby today, receiving SMS, WhatsApps, Emails, face up with Glance timing out after 15mins, and the battery lost only 15% in over 8 hours.

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
But I think you won't be able to since you're fooling the phone in thinking it's a 950 and the lumia camera can only be downloaded for 1020 and not 950
Since people running Redstone obviously have rooted the phone, why not install the version of Lumia Camera from the standalone app published on xda-developers? Alternatively, what happens if you change the registry values *back* to the original 1020 ones after installing Redstone? Does that let the store realize you have a 1020, and allow the Lumia Camera to be installed?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since people running Redstone obviously have rooted the phone, why not install the version of Lumia Camera from the standalone app published on xda-developers? Alternatively, what happens if you change the registry values *back* to the original 1020 ones after installing Redstone? Does that let the store realize you have a 1020, and allow the Lumia Camera to be installed?

worth a shot - this is all experimentation

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

I did not revert the settings back to the ones from 1020 but I can get Lumia Camera Beta. It won't start though (not supported device)

scalatoreluigi

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Two days ago I bought a beautiful brand new lumia 1020, then hacked registry and test 14388, and now 14390.. Very smooth, only a little bit battery drain fast when use edge or Whatsapp but I have to test It for a few days. Anyone that having particular issue?
I notice that in 14388 when I try to open glance setting It looked like 8.1. Now in 14390 like windows 10. In a second it crash.

I have two tap to wake and no glance

Mauro Lodi

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Can't get xap on phone

Hi everyone,
I've started trying to update my Lumia 1020 to Redstone BUT I can only proceed in the first steps of the suggested method. I cannot get to deploy the XAP files in my phone, even if the phone is dev unlocked.
Maybe I'm missing the "zero" step: does my 1020 have to have the developer preview of Windows 10 mobile installed? Now I have Windows Phone 8.1.
Thanks for your suggestions.
ML

scalatoreluigi

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
At first you have to upgrade to windows 10 10586, then deploy app vcreg and customfpd. You can use windows phone power tools that works perfectly. Have attention to not upgrade extra & info. For next step follow the guide.
Please ask if you have problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster