Redstone on the 1020

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
the original ROM is on your hard disk if you used WDRT to reset your phone in the past

you gave me link to youre rom of redstone 1020 which is 1+gb i tried to flash it...instead of flashing wpinternals displayed message which says flash fail....i already unlocked bootloader...

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The different partitions of my custom ROM are in the .zip file (again: without the data partition)
here's the guide for how to flash custom ROMs:

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by milkyway
The different partitions of my custom ROM are in the .zip file (again: without the data partition)
here's the guide for how to flash custom ROMs:
youtube_share video

I extracted zip load EFIESP and Mainos into wp internals left data partition empty...its look like i'm stuck on nokia screen.. where can i find data partition file ? "Remember that the MainOS partition and Data partition are tied together, so you need to flash both partitions together" this sentence is mentioned..my computer cant detect my mobile...atlast pressed vol dwn + power for sometime, mobile rebooted pressed vol up,dwn,power dwn for 3 sec my pc detected mobile used that time frame to flash original rom using wpinternal.....so where can i find data partition ?

Last edited:

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Dear Milkyway,
I really appreciate the work you have done to keep our beloved Lumia 1020 working with windows 10 mobile. I congratulate you for successfully bringing back glance to Lumia 1020.
I have tried your rom using wpinternals but it did not work. I am having the same experience as gourav mopidevi. I also tried to flash the rom in the link you have posted. This rom is based on Lumia 1020 64GB model and hence the corresponding data partition cannot be used for Lumia 1020 32 GB. So, can you kindly post a full custom rom with all the partitions including data partition.

I also appeal to other members who have successfully updated Lumia 1020 to redstone 2, to kindly make custom rom using wpinternals and post it, for people like us, who have reverted back to wp 8.1, but now unable to update to wp10 using registry techniques.

Thank you in Advance.

creanyo

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Many Thansk for the video and all the effort.
One question. As I got a ATT Lumia 1020, can I flash the phone with a different .ffu file using WPinternals?..Thanks in advanced!

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I understand your privacy issues, I do not suggest you to share your personal data. But I hope there is some way by which you can share the data partition without sharing your personal details. May be you can make the custom rom before entering your personal details or may be you can backup your data and erase it before making the custom rom.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I changed phone model in registry.
Someone could give me values of original 1020?

Regards.

mine indian version so my values belong to india..if u belong to another country then find country code etc then download from LUMIAFIRMWARE.com use wpinternals,flash,flash original ffu..

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    82.1 KB · Views: 21

Siema_CoTam

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
mine indian version so my values belong to india..if u belong to another country then find country code etc then download from LUMIAFIRMWARE.com use wpinternals,flash,flash original ffu..

Thank you a lot.

Someone know how to install the Lumia Camera app on Redstrone2 ? Stadard camera app for 1020 is not being enough.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thank you a lot.

Someone know how to install the Lumia Camera app on Redstrone2 ? Stadard camera app for 1020 is not being enough.

you can use the "Whatsapp trick". Go to the store entry of Lumia Camera trough your library -> it will (probably) say your phone is not supported for lumia camera. then search for another app in the store you don't already have (anyone will do it). on this app page tap on "buy" or "download" 3 times quickly and then quickly hit the back button on your phone to get back to the store entry of LC. LC will then install

doctor_drue

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, milkyway, can you please tell me how did you create ROM with Windows10M or give a link to some manual? I just want to save 10586 from my phone before update to RS1. I tried to backup partitions with WPInternals tools, but I need to unlock bootloader, you know. So I need FFU with current phone firmware. Is there any way to do it without flashing to WP8.1?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, milkyway, can you please tell me how did you create ROM with Windows10M or give a link to some manual? I just want to save 10586 from my phone before update to RS1. I tried to backup partitions with WPInternals tools, but I need to unlock bootloader, you know. So I need FFU with current phone firmware. Is there any way to do it without flashing to WP8.1?

i've posted the tutorial just a few posts above yours.

@Siema_CoTam: ???

Blasis bbbb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
With this guide of yours, there is fully functional Glance Screen in your Lumia 1020 ?
I have an 64Gb O2 version of 1020, and I would like to manage having it into wm10 with Glance screen functional.

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to copy back the files needed for glance without having full storage mode ?
I have a 1020 dev unlocked and taken to redstone with the usual phone model trick. As I can understand I can restore missing registry entries with customPDF remote, then I can re-install glance app from xap...but whitout importing the dll files specified by XDA thread will glance work or not ? If I decide to go for full storage mode, is the only way to go back to 8.1 and then have the boot unlocked with Windows Phone Internals ?
Thank You

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I try to clarify my previous post, which is somehow criptic....
I have some confusion In order to restore glance
Actually I don't find glance on the phone, so I imagine I need to install it from .xap. Then:
- I understand that I have to restore missing registry entries, I think customPDF remote can be used to edit registry
- After restoring the keys, do I need to copy the dll files posted on the thread or not ?
- If yes How can I do it ?
- I understand that I need to copy the files with the phone in full storage mode. Is there a way to unlock the phone in full storage mode without reverting back to 8.1, or I need Windows Phone Internals, and then revert back to 8.1 and flash a new ROM ?
I read somewhere of the MTP access, using the Interop Unlock app. Is this enough to copy dll files ? If yes, is there some guide to do this ?

Thank You very much for the attention....

Siema_CoTam

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi again,
I had installed build 14915 of RS2 and on the update page are not available update for OS. It is possible to take update 14926 for the phone?

Regards.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi again,
I had installed build 14915 of RS2 and on the update page are not available update for OS. It is possible to take update 14926 for the phone?

Regards.

you're better off skipping 14926 until the next build comes out - this one has issues that can only be solved using a factory reset

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss