Redstone on the 1020

PavilionDV

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
i've posted the tutorial just a few posts above yours.

@Siema_CoTam: ???

Come on ! just post again please ! I am new into that and I have the same question as doctor_drue ...took me a while to find where you meant that you posted and couldn”t find.Would be very helpful if you post it again .
Thank you in advance !

Siema_CoTam

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
But I had changed registry to L950. Next I updated to 10.0.14915.1000 and changed registry to L1020. On update service aren't available updates.

I have to change registry again to L950 for update?

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
hi
I'm planning to buy a lumia 1020. however, if I do so the first thing I will do is upgrade it to w10m using wpinternals tool. my main concern is the camera quality. I own a lumia 920 and I upgraded it to redstone. however, I see a degraded quality in picture taken compared to wp8.

is this problem there with the lumia 1020 running redstone and is it noticeable?

I also own a lumia 950xl. but the lumia 1020 is a legacy phone which I'm planning to keep it for a long time. i'm also buying it new for 200$ from amazon.

windows phones that I own: htc 7 Mozart, lumia 920, 925, 520 and 950 xl.

the main reason of buying this phone is the camera.

also how does the flash work on the lumia 1020?
since it has LED and xenon flash.
do you get to choose which one to use and does it work as intended on w10m?

Last edited:

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
hi
I'm planning to buy a lumia 1020. however, if I do so the first thing I will do is upgrade it to w10m using wpinternals tool. my main concern is the camera quality. I own a lumia 920 and I upgraded it to redstone. however, I see a degraded quality in picture taken compared to wp8.

is this problem there with the lumia 1020 running redstone and is it noticeable?

I also own a lumia 950xl. but the lumia 1020 is a legacy phone which I'm planning to keep it for a long time. i'm also buying it new for 200$ from amazon.

Hello, I can share my experience...I own lumia 1020 from 8.1 to redstone. I didn't notice any degrade in photo quality overall, it changed in some way the white balancing in win 10 but I don't think It can be considered a degrade. Moreover you can still use lumia camera with all your functions, because for 1020 It's still downloadable. What is not so good is the time for taking a shoot, in some situation I think it's slightly increased and this behaviour in some situation is annoying. Another little bug is that sometimes when you first launch camera app, the first photo tales ages to finish (20 sec...). This doesn't happen always and after the first photo the other work good: A little trick is to maintain the camera app reduced and then sometimes activate it again, when you know that you'll use it a lot.
Overall I'm satisfied of my experience and I would buy it again, and I still think it's the best camera phone on market...
Hope this help...

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
hi

MS Camera has worse camera quality, yes. But with the 1020 you can still use Lumia Camera on RS2

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I can share my experience...I own lumia 1020 from 8.1 to redstone. I didn't notice any degrade in photo quality overall, it changed in some way the white balancing in win 10 but I don't think It can be considered a degrade. Moreover you can still use lumia camera with all your functions, because for 1020 It's still downloadable. What is not so good is the time for taking a shoot, in some situation I think it's slightly increased and this behaviour in some situation is annoying. Another little bug is that sometimes when you first launch camera app, the first photo tales ages to finish (20 sec...). This doesn't happen always and after the first photo the other work good: A little trick is to maintain the camera app reduced and then sometimes activate it again, when you know that you'll use it a lot.
Overall I'm satisfied of my experience and I would buy it again, and I still think it's the best camera phone on market...
Hope this help...

thank for the info. as for the camera app phote saving time are you referring to the windows camera app or lumia camera app. maybe it's related to lumia camera app which is a wp8 app. maybe using a third party app like proshot might lower the time. I don't know since I don't own the phone yet.

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Original Pro Shot app works very bad in windows 10 mobile. I see that there is a new Pro Shot app developed specifically for windows 10 mobile RS but it isn't free nor has a demo mode, so I haven't tested it yet...I usually use windows 10 mobile native app for photos because I don't like the double photo mode of lumia camera, but I noticed that time for taking photo is increased in both apps...

Kartic Kaushal

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

Today i suddenly got an Error on my Lumia 1020 W10M Redstone, which is:

"Unable to find bootable option. Press any key to shut down."

After this my phone is like totally dead. Neither Soft reset is helping, nor Hard reset(manually). I also tried to use WDRT. it also gives me an error, 'Operation failed, software not signed properly or not for this device.'

Kindly help me.

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
This happened to my daughter's 1020. It suddenly stopped working and boots only to the above. And it was on stock WP8.1, no Windows 10. Never could revive it, with WDRT or with Windows Phone Internals. I keep it for spares for my own 1020, which is currently being used just as a camera.

Alphons

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. Today i tried to installing the Redstone update on my Lumia 1020 from the link - Download Official Windows 10 Mobile on non supported Lumia
This is pretty similar to what is provided in the first page. i'm stuck with step 4 of the same where we have to disable root and then restore the bootloader. I did managed to disable to root. but i am not able to restore the bootloader.
Whenever i try to restore the bootloader, it throws and error stating that "Error: Path for loaders is mandatory". But i don't see an option to add the loader. It just asks me to select the FFU file. Please help.

nedarata

May 5, 2015
Visit site
What is the status of these w10m problems? Is there any workarounds?
1) no fm radio
2) no dng support
3) no glance
4) no stereo sound video recording
5) low quality images from stock camera app
6) call ending problems...something proximity sensor
7) slow photo gallery app
8) slow store startup

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members