Redstone on the 1020

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
What is the status of these w10m problems? Is there any workarounds?
1) no fm radio
2) no dng support
3) no glance
4) no stereo sound video recording
5) low quality images from stock camera app
6) call ending problems...something proximity sensor
7) slow photo gallery app
8) slow store startup

why don't people ever read the whole thread?

1) You can use 3rd party radio apps
2) 5) You can still use Lumia Camera
3) You can get Glance back
4) Yep, no stereo recording
6) Never experienced
7) 8) It's ok I think

louijack1

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
So, I managed to hack my Lumia 1020 to make it think it's a Lumia 950 XL and via the Windows Insider program I updated it to build 14393.576. That seems as far as I can go.
I have to say the performance is pretty good for an unsupported device. It's currently my primary phone and I've had no serious problems so far.

Update: Changed to Windows Insider Fast and now running build 14977.1000. Aside Skype which I binned as the microphone refuses to work with it, everything else's fine. It operates smoothly and battery life's decent considering I've had it for three years. It can deffo keep me going a little longer! For glance, I don't care.

Last edited:

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
why don't people ever read the whole thread?

7) 8) It's ok I think

Photos app is terribly slow. Also the OS is heavy. I am bow enjoying 10586.107. All*things work fine. glance, photos app, store, etc
I just miss the raw files preview in photos app in Redstone, but this is thelast thing I am concerned.

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tested the latest redstone 2 builds ? How are they running on lumia 1020 ? Is there any specific problem which isn't already present in redstone builds ?
Thank You!

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes.
No.
I just updated from 10586.545 to 10586.753 and everything works fine, glance is working,...
(I did the trick with the provision package file)
The phones OS UI seems a bit snappier, FB app still sluggisch at moments.

EDIT: deleted FB app, installed 'same' app from store, got different looking icon in applist, app is now a lot smoother.

Last edited:

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tested the latest redstone 2 builds ? How are they running on lumia 1020 ? Is there any specific problem which isn't already present in redstone builds ?
Thank You!

14393.726 I think beats every other build. One very important think so far. After hard reset I cannot install lumia camera. it says that the app is not compatible with my phone.:cry::crying:

Santiago Av

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi, im on 14393 and almost all is perfect, i have a trouble with the default camera it doesnt focus, the camera button neither focus, i must first click in the screen for focus, after that i can take the photo.

Anyone has this problem ? I installed lumia camera through the store and work great, but the lumia camera photos are not showed in the photos app :cry:

Santiago Av

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I have that problem too, but after some days suddenly the lumia camera appear and was available for download, try again, and have you the focus problem too with the stock camera app ?

sigfrid696

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm also experimenting skype problem, the microphone is not recognized, so during call the other doesn't hear me. I'm on AU stable, lumia 1020. I don't know when the problem started because I don't use skype very often.
Is there a fix ? Is this happening because of the cell model hack ? Because a friend with 650 doesn't have the problem.
Thank You

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm also experimenting skype problem, the microphone is not recognized, so during call the other doesn't hear me. I'm on AU stable, lumia 1020. I don't know when the problem started because I don't use skype very often.
Is there a fix ? Is this happening because of the cell model hack ? Because a friend with 650 doesn't have the problem.
Thank You
I don`t use Skype or related apps.
I fixed the Lumia Camera app problem though.

vicData1970

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi! I cannot update my L1020 from 14951.1000 to 15051. It shows the update but get stuck at 0% download.

I tried switching to slow or fast, change dates, soft reset, hard reset, etc... nothing. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb