Redstone on the 1020

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!
I wanted to create a thread for all those (very few I assume) that hacked Redstone on their 1020. I won't post a link to the tutorial because I don't know if it's against forum rules.
All I can say is that 14367 works really well on my 1020. Fewer hiccups than 10586.420 and the performance is a lot faster as 10586 and on par with WP 8.1. Battery is also better than 10586 I think but it's a little too early to tell. Lumia Camera works fine but no Here Drive/Maps and NO GLANCE (at least for the moment).
Does anybody else runs 14367 on their 1020?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there!
I wanted to create a thread for all those (very few I assume) that hacked Redstone on their 1020. I won't post a link to the tutorial because I don't know if it's against forum rules.
All I can say is that 14367 works really well on my 1020. Fewer hiccups than 10586.420 and the performance is a lot faster as 10586 and on par with WP 8.1. Battery is also better than 10586 I think but it's a little too early to tell. Lumia Camera works fine but no Here Drive/Maps and NO GLANCE (at least for the moment).
Does anybody else runs 14367 on their 1020?

That's amazing :excited:. I think you're allowed to post the tutorial here (but with all warnings of course)

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
If it works it will be a regular "preview" update.
By the way, is there any VPN app that works with windows 10 mobile ?

erm... I'm sorry. What do you mean by regular preview update? Lumia 1020 won't get the Redstone update. This is a way to install it anyways

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Thru "Insider Preview" 10586.420 we have the last "production" O.S. version, the same as on PC. No reason to don't go further on updates.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's some kind of a language barrier but I still don't get what you want to say. I know that we can officially install 10586.420 and every sub build to 10586 that will come. But when Redstone will become "official" we will be stuck with Threshold and won't get Redstone.
This is a way to install Redstone anyway. And the latest Redstone build works WAY better on my 1020 than 10586.420

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe a word Microsoft says. They have lost all credibility with the Windows 10 upgrade. As Redstone improves, after all it is just a "variant", there will be more updates. The pace of updates will be more or less the same as on PCs.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's some kind of a language barrier but I still don't get what you want to say. I know that we can officially install 10586.420 and every sub build to 10586 that will come. But when Redstone will become "official" we will be stuck with Threshold and won't get Redstone.
This is a way to install Redstone anyway. And the latest Redstone build works WAY better on my 1020 than 10586.420

Once I get home, I might give this a try on my old 1020 to see how it is on Redstone. Thanks for the link to the tutorial! Anyways, if I can get Redstone to load on my 1020 I'll post back here on my thoughts about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Once I get home, I might give this a try on my old 1020 to see how it is on Redstone. Thanks for the link to the tutorial! Anyways, if I can get Redstone to load on my 1020 I'll post back here on my thoughts about it.

Glad to hear that! Please be aware of the problems this "unofficial" update might cause. Do at your own risk! ;)
And: there won't be Glance I'm afraid. Here's to hoping that it will come with the next Redstone builds

Last edited by a moderator:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Glad to hear that! Please be aware of the problems this "unofficial" update might cause. Do at your own risk! ;)
And: there won't be Glance I'm afraid. Here's to hoping that it will come with the next Redstone builds

besides glance not working, what else isn't? Are video recordings with stereo sound now? And can you access equaliser settings when data is off?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Installed 14371 today:
.) Still no Glance
.) Mono sound in videos captured with both Lumia Camera and Windows Camera
.) I can access the equalizer settings when data is off

I didn't notice any bugs besides mono sound and the missing Glance

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Installed 14371 today:
.) Still no Glance
.) Mono sound in videos captured with both Lumia Camera and Windows Camera
.) I can access the equalizer settings when data is off

I didn't notice any bugs besides mono sound and the missing Glance

That's good to know; no freezes or lags or anything?

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much for the Redstone news. .420 is really flaky on my 1020, much worse than the previous Threshold build, which was running well. I'm in a dilemma though, because I love Glance, and don't want to lose it. I wish I could downgrade to the previous Threshold release. On .420 I'm getting restarts, stuck Wifi, either stuck on or stuck off. A weird, related bug, where if I enable flight mode, WiFi turns off for 5 seconds, then turns itself on again straight away. Or WiFi disconnecting randomly and can only be reconnected with a restart. Why, Microsoft, why? One step forwards, two steps back. I'm at the point where I might jus try Redstone. Did you use the 950 reg entries or the 930? If 930, it might explain why there's no Glance.

EDIT: A hard reset fixed my problems with .420. Running really nicely now. See later post.

Last edited:

Kartic Kaushal

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey
thanks for starting this thread, i was looking forward to it.

I tried thrice installing Redstone on my lumia 1020, but always after it finishes installing, it got struck in BOOT-LOOP.

First 2 times i tried with Lumia 950 xl settings & last time i tried with Lumia 930 settings, but still i struck @Boot-Loop.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much for the Redstone news. .420 is really flaky on my 1020, much worse than the previous Threshold build, which was running well. I'm in a dilemma though, because I love Glance, and don't want to lose it. I wish I could downgrade to the previous Threshold release. On .420 I'm getting restarts, stuck Wifi, either stuck on or stuck off. A weird, related bug, where if I enable flight mode, WiFi turns off for 5 seconds, then turns itself on again straight away. Or WiFi disconnecting randomly and can only be reconnected with a restart. Why, Microsoft, why? One step forwards, two steps back. I'm at the point where I might jus try Redstone. Did you use the 950 reg entries or the 930? If 930, it might explain why there's no Glance.

Hi there! I used the 950 XL settings. People tried it with 1520 and other settings but the outcome was always the same.

@Kartic Kaushal: Are you sure you're installing the new fast ring builds? You got stuck in boot loop with older Redstone builds. Today I successfully loaded 14372 on it (still no Glance)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3