I am interested in gaining access to the 1020's camera via WiFi only -- no voice/data plan present. Ideally I'd be able to hang multiple 1020's on a WiFi network and gain control of things like video/single shot mode.

I think this means that there exist an app to control the phone and that might be a hurdle. Just bare-bones access to the video feed should be possible with the device function without a carrier plan - at least that's how things work for Androids.

So an overview of what i can and cannot do without a carrier plan would be very helpful.
    09-25-2017 10:16 AM
    there was an app caled tapshoot. but icant no more find it in the app store . I think it has been removed. camera pro app also provides some feature that might be intersted in. but its a paid app. if you are looking to write an app, let me know ...bcause i have some nice ideas that you could incorporate in it. If any one else reading this blog knows how to write apps for w 8.1 ..pls notify
    09-30-2017 07:35 PM