Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

Hey guys I have a issue with camera that I've tried to take a picture of stars and I settled up my camera settings to :

4 Second shutter speed
    4000 ISO
    Infinite focus

When I checked the lens it doesn't have any problem and also the camera unit.

Actually everything looks normal but in the middle of the picture I saw a weirdish spot that it covers a huge amount of picture.

I want to send a photo to see the problem clearly but I can't send it btw.
    12-24-2017 08:36 PM
    Hey guys I have a issue with camera that I've tried to take a picture of stars and I settled up my camera settings to :

4 Second shutter speed
    4000 ISO
    Infinite focus

When I checked the lens it doesn't have any problem and also the camera unit.

Actually everything looks normal but in the middle of the picture I saw a weirdish spot that it covers a huge amount of picture.

I want to send a photo to see the problem clearly but I can't send it btw.
    Sounds like a possible sensor / lens issue due to dust or debris that has gotten inside. Only guessing because haven't seen a pic but had similar happen to me with point-n-shot cameras, which are almost hopeless at repairing. The 1020 should be a lot easier to tinker with if you're mechanically inclined, could try tearing down doing a gentle cleaning on lens. if that fails a replacement module might be in order.
    Last edited by Elky64; 12-26-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    12-25-2017 02:47 PM
    Sounds like a possible sensor / lens issue due to dust or debris that has gotten inside. Only guessing because haven't seen a pic but had similar happen to me with point-n-shot cameras, which are almost hopeless at repairing. The 1020 should be a lot easier to tinker with if you're mechanically inclined, could try tearing down doing a gentle cleaning on lens. if that fails a replacement module might be in order.
    I've dissassembled my Lumia 1020 and i saw tiny dust particles in lens (not camera unit) where I'm not able to clean from dust particles that two of them can be seen in a taken picture with that device but you should look attentively if you want to see them Btw. That problem seem to be solved after a dissassembly because i tried again to take a picture with same settings but i couldn't see that spot again.

Also i have a question that is there any app to increase long exposure time of lumia 1020 device ?
    01-13-2018 03:15 PM