Nokia Lumia 1320 is the next Lumia 520

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I'm from a developing country(Philippines) and I can feel that a lot of people here will be strongly attracted to the 1320 because of the superb bang-for-buck. I myself am.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
They were pretty clear that it would be a ROW release, which is pretty disheartening.
I find it annoying that carriers here only want us to buy high end phones when a mid range is all I need and want. My 521 is great. I was just looking for a few improvements and it looks like the 1320 is it, while the 1520 is overkill for me in that I can't justify spending $700 on a phone. Of course, being GSM, it's always possible to buy it online unlocked, but the problem with T-Mobile USA is that it may not have compatible 4G/LTE bands...

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
If you do not care much about the camera then I guess the 1320 is a good upgrade for you 

I think the camera on my 521 is great. You should check some photos from the 521 forum. I am sure the 20 meg camera is awesome but don't turn your nose up at the 5 meg one.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So no US availability? Really? Wow, big mistake. I could see the 1320 being an affordable alternative to the Note3. Not everybody is Mr/Ms Moneybags.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So no US availability? Really? Wow, big mistake. I could see the 1320 being an affordable alternative to the Note3. Not everybody is Mr/Ms Moneybags.
You'd think the 1320 would be ideal for T-Mobile to snap up, considering they sell their phones now at an unsubsidized price. I can only assume AT&T has some kind of exclusivity clause with Nokia to prevent them selling the cheaper 1320 here in the US, at least for a while?

outback15

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have always thought that the 1320 is an excellent midrange phone, offering decent specs at a good price point. But what intrigues me more is an apparent change of marketing tactics by Nokia. It seems to me that they will be releasing these new devices earliear in regions where they are stronger, Europe, Middle East, India, and Southeast Asia. Rather than North America. The choice of AbuDhabi as a venue for Nokia World was the first indicator. Already hearing pre-orders in Europe and India for the new devices are underway. I think this will be good for Nokia.

NicholasD

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For Nokia to take on US, they need to release this one too. It is time for the MNVO-Tracfone and others to step up to the plate and start offering these cell phones. In US feature phones are on the down slide.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
For Nokia to take on US, they need to release this one too. It is time for the MNVO-Tracfone and others to step up to the plate and start offering these cell phones. In US feature phones are on the down slide.
I can only hope T-Mobile will release a '1325' although if they did, you can bet it won't be until next year at the earliest. I am guessing they're content, for the time being, in assuming 521 owners will just migrate to the 925.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
1320 could be great for Nokia/Wp8, good for emerging markets, but also very cheap for the U.S, Europe etc. I thinkt hey said the phone would be $350 in u.s dollars? somethign around there, that mean if there was a sub, it would be less than $100 or it should be. In any case, $350 for a midrange large phone with LTE is a great deal even, especially if you dont want to lockin the contract.

We'll see what nokia does, but this could be a sleeper in the U.S. if released like how they did with the 520 at walmart, hsn, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel