I'm having a Lumia 1320. What do you want to know?

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh Man I am sorry...I totally forgot to take pictures when it arrived...that was a gift for my nephew ....i googled for comparison and it took me to pricebaba.com and to thephonedatabase.com ...no side by side pictures though....none of the nexus 7 supports the gsm voice calling though....I bought the wifi only 16 Gb for around 150 $ 9500 INRs....

Woknox

Developer
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if controlling the device is still comfortable seen its size? I got pretty small hands. I also assume that it isn't really possible to control it using one hand?

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if controlling the device is still comfortable seen its size? I got pretty small hands. I also assume that it isn't really possible to control it using one hand?

I think you should check it out in person at the store near you if the size is a concern..cant really make a general statement for the size...I handle it with both of my hands and sometimes with single hand too...IMO you would get used to it in no time.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Controlling this device with one hand?
You must have big hands ore very long fingers to do that.

silentdk

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Does it support Nokia drive+ ? The only concern I have about it is the built in storage on only 8gb feels the phone to heavy to use? Currently I have lumia 920 which feel a little heavy sometimes.

Sendt fra min C6603 med Tapatalk

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Does it support Nokia drive+ ? The only concern I have about it is the built in storage on only 8gb feels the phone to heavy to use? Currently I have lumia 920 which feel a little heavy sometimes.

Sendt fra min C6603 med Tapatalk

is does support Here drive +
But you have to do a update in the store, the one who comes with the Phone is limited to your country
The 8 GB storage is no problem, the maps can be placed on the sd.
About the weight, well its a 6" phony so it has some weigt.
Mine wheigts with a cover 320 grams

Woknox

Developer
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I think you should check it out in person at the store near you if the size is a concern..cant really make a general statement for the size...I handle it with both of my hands and sometimes with single hand too...IMO you would get used to it in no time.

Sometimes I run with the Caledos runner app to keep track of my prestations,.. another concern is that this might not be really comfortable with the 1320. Running through the phone store for testing this will look a little weird :winktongue: anyone any experience with this?

zammke

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi fellow Nokia users. I just bought a L1320 and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. I have a Nokia N8 and been wanting to upgrade to Lumia for ages. The only things that were holding me up are the Here Maps and the Here Drive. The most important feature for me in my N8 are the maps and navigation. It's a the best navigation software there is for me. I travel all around Europe with my motorcycle and all with my N8 and I proud to say that it always took me to my destination, right after the door! My friends use Garmin which they say is the best but for me it doesn't start to compare with the Nokia maps. It's like I went to visit one our 5,000 year old temples on my island and found a Garmin there! :grin:

Been to a trip to Spain with it 5000km, flawless. Countless times to SIcily with only minor glitches. London and Paris no problem (the transit lines are so handy). I also used it in South Africa and Lesotho and it worked fine!

So my concern is if the Here Maps and the Here Drive(+) are up to their older version. I looked at some Lumia phones and it's much different. For example I'm not sure if you can plan routes now.

Anyway, if someone uses or know if the new maps are as good as the older version I would love to have as much info as possible before my L1320 arrives, so I'll be prepared to use it on my next trip.

Regards from sunny Malta

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Sunny,
If you are still using Maps and Navigation on Symbian, the HERE Maps and Navigations are generations ahead of it. Blindly go for it without worrying about a thing. You will find lot more features and useful bits added without losing on anything you love. Just one bit of advice. Store the maps on the card. That way you will not eat into phones 8GB memory.
Offline maps are great and you can enjoy navigation service even in areas with absolutely no cell coverage at all.
I am sure you will love your experience of using the 1320.

zammke

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi Hemanlive,

Thanks for your reply. I know that the maps and navigation on the Lumia phones should be better than on symbians, but till today the maps and navigation on the symbian work perfectly. You know how it is, it's hard to let go and make the change. I will now that I bought my 1320. :)
Do you know if you can plan and save routes with the new maps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss