Battery not updating from 100%

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Everytime I've fully charged my phone (thrice now), it takes many hours (around 6 - 8) for the phone to start registering a drop in battery %. This is despite me using the phone heavily before then (games, browsing etc).

Why is this so?

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It happens with me too...but I don't really mind it...though I usually charge my battery till the time it reaches 100 % plus 1.5 hours extra....even righnow it says 100% after 5 hours and using it for calls whatsapp and some music...that happens with my 720 too...I don't think anything is wrong with the battery....

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I notice too it takes longer before dropping to 99%. But my 1320 isn't as weired as yours, which takes 6-8hrs not dropping below 100%.

mlpokn12

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
It's totally different. 820 is a top-range phone after 920( the flagship of Lumia range at the first generation). In otherwise, 1320 is just a mid-range smartphone that Nokia aimed to make a second choice for customers if they are not able to afford the beast 1520 but still want to have a phablet. I 've had a 720 for a year and i trade it to buy the new 1320 because the price is so good with great perfomance, better hardware. I think if you dont care about the mid-range phone and have enough money, you should wait Nokia to launch another phatblet that's between 1320 and 1520 (such as 1420 or even the Lumia Icon). The choice is yours.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Try uninstalling battery saver app, power off phone, reinstall battery saver app, restart phone and see does it help.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's just a matter of battery calibration. The built-in circuitry in the battery assembly determines the battery "charge" based on it's effective output voltage since voltage is usually a function of capacity, i.e. the potential of the battery to send out electrons. Hence, when the battery is fully charged it will deliver it's maximum output voltage. Batteries remain at maximum voltage over a period of time even if it is being used until it starts to drop (slowly at first then rapidly... like how a jet of water parabolically drops from a horizontal hose). If left un-calibrated, that initial minor drop in voltage will not be interpreted as a decrease in battery charge, in effect causing the built-in battery circuitry to "tell" the phone that the battery is still at "100%". Give it at least 20 battery charge cycles and you would see the phantom 100% no longer linger that long... with normal phone usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos