Problem with keyboard of lumia 1320!

thequackin

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm new here so pardon me if I post it at the wrong section and sorry for my terrible English.

So I bought my Nokia Lumia 1320 last Wednesday and I'm really happy with it and on the very same day, a problem arises with the phone's keyboard.

Whenever I hit a key once, it sometime reads as double or triple. An example, I hit the letter "A", it input back with 2 or 3 "A"s. It always happen no matter how fast or slow I type. I tried a clean restore and the problem still persist. I wonder if it's the OS or hardware fault 'cause I have no problem with the demo phone at the store. I don't know though.

If my explanation wasn't clear, I've screenshot the problem for better understanding of the problem.

Twitterb07d6fa_jpg.jpg

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a nokia lumia 1520, and have never noticed this. You may want to contact nokia support and see if you can get your phone replaced. I have never heard or seen of this issue before, so honestly do not know what tip I can give you that may be able to help you.

thequackin

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a nokia lumia 1520, and have never noticed this. You may want to contact nokia support and see if you can get your phone replaced. I have never heard or seen of this issue before, so honestly do not know what tip I can give you that may be able to help you.

Do you have a screen protector on? If so, is it anti-glare or clear?

Prem Kumar7

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Have u managed to get it fixed.i have the same model and same problem.took it down to Nokia care and they said they will change the touch screen but I got to wait two weeks for the parts to arrive.i am in Malaysia.
I realized the problem is somewhat less but not eliminated if I use the tip of my fingers or nails to type.odd.

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have key board issues with both of my lumias ...whenever I start typing the second letter always comes up late so I press it again and then it shows up two three times...this only happens on the second letter and mostly on store searches ....

bgustilo

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I encounter the same issue with the keyboard. Same thing with the other app sometimes it tap the pictures while browsing facebook same as using IE browser.

paratsum

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with lumia 1320 in Thailand.
I think problem is this phone not support screen protector.
I try with both clear and matt type.
I check with Nokia care.
I change my phone with Nokia store.

bgustilo

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
even without screen protector sometimes i experience this issue it double or triple the letters when pressing. now when i installed screen protector it becomes worst. when you scroll up or down it tap the screen. the phone thinks that you touch the link or photo and it opens it. its annoying.. i think ill return this phone and change it.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do not have this problem with my 1320, but it's really bad with my 1520. It's kind of strange, but this is usually what happens....

Start a texting conversation with a friend. For the first 10 to 15 texts, everything is fine. However, as more and more texts are sent back and forth, the ddouble and tttrippplle typing starts to show up. For some reason, it seems to get worse and worse as I send more and more texts. Has anyone else experienced this on their 1520 or 1320?

rex.reyesiii

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My "desire" :D for a Windows Phone with a Physical Keyboard is getting stronger than ever by reading threads like these.

Wish Nokia manufacture Communicators(N9110, 9210) with Windows Phone in them.
OR Lenovo with their Motorola thingies.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My "desire" :D for a Windows Phone with a Physical Keyboard is getting stronger than ever by reading threads like these.

Wish Nokia manufacture Communicators(N9110, 9210) with Windows Phone in them.
OR Lenovo with their Motorola thingies.

That would be a nice option for some people, but my fingers were always too big for those. My 1320 types flawlessly. Wish I could say the same for my more expensive 1520. lol

IntoxicatedPuma

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded from a 521 to a 1320 and also having the same problem. Also having quite a few other touch issues which I've heard were a problem before the latest update on the 1520 (swipes get registered as touches and it gets extremely frustrating). I'm in China. I think this must be a software issue because the 1520 has similar issues but I heard an update fixed most of it. Maybe the 1320 will get an update soon too.

edit: took a look at my 521 which I had no problems with, sensitivity was set to High so i changed my 1320 to that as well (it was on normal) and it seems to be working better. Typing seems to be much better too.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)