Lumia 820 vs Lumia 1320

cesarg

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey!
I'm considering of getting a 1320 and wanted to know what do you guys think about it since I am currently a proud 820 owner
Are there any disadvantages at all, is it considered a downgrade or an upgrade.... or is there anyone here that already took the same path and got any comments?

Thanks a lot.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It's like buying another 820, but trading off some features like the camera (with dual LED flash, and 8.7MP), NFC, display technology (AMOLED; but this is debatable), wireless charging, some sensors which can be helpful like gyroscope and compass, and software features like glance. I also heard the capacitive buttons do not light up on the 1320, so correct me if I'm wrong. Although with the 1320, you'll get a bigger screen and better battery life. Since both are equipped with LTE, you won't have a problem there. But honestly, it's like buying a device that's between 720 and 820 with a bigger screen. I would suggest staying a little bit longer with the 820 and wait for 8.1, since apps will be possible to be installed on the SD card by the time the update comes out. Otherwise if you really want the bigger screen, then no one's stopping you.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
It's like buying another 820, but trading off some features like the camera (with dual LED flash, and 8.7MP), NFC, display technology (AMOLED; but this is debatable), wireless charging, some sensors which can be helpful like gyroscope and compass, and software features like glance. I also heard the capacitive buttons do not light up on the 1320, so correct me if I'm wrong. Although with the 1320, you'll get a bigger screen and better battery life. Since both are equipped with LTE, you won't have a problem there. But honestly, it's like buying a device that's between 720 and 820 with a bigger screen. I would suggest staying a little bit longer with the 820 and wait for 8.1, since apps will be possible to be installed on the SD card by the time the update comes out. Otherwise if you really want the bigger screen, then no one's stopping you.

Trading off NFC, sensors (gyro, compass) and Glance is not true. All three are present in the 1320. Display is actually really good, just that the res is 720p. Larger screen and better battery life make it worth it. Also, a slightly better processor.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Its an upgrade but if I were you I would wait as has been mentioned before for WP8.1

If you cant hold out I would go for a 1520 or Icon. Better cameras etc...

vihci

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
It's totally different. 820 is a top-range phone after 920( the flagship of Lumia range at the first generation). In otherwise, 1320 is just a mid-range smartphone that Nokia aimed to make a second choice for customers if they are not able to afford the beast 1520 but still want to have a phablet. I 've had a 720 for a year and i trade it to buy the new 1320 because the price is so good with great perfomance, better hardware. I think if you dont care about the mid-range phone and have enough money, you should wait Nokia to launch another phatblet that's between 1320 and 1520 (such as 1420 or even the Lumia Icon). The choice is yours.

Sent from my Lumia 1320 using Tapatalk

BuggyBrain

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I broke my Lumia 820 and bought 1320... I would say that I am enjoying bigger screen and awesome battery life but given an option I would not upgrade... You will miss decent camera and might miss nfc...

vihci

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I broke my Lumia 820 and bought 1320... I would say that I am enjoying bigger screen and awesome battery life but given an option I would not upgrade... You will miss decent camera and might miss nfc...

i agree with you about the camera, but i think nfc is not a problem at all. I've used a lumia 720 with good camera( might be the same with 820) and NFC. I realized that i have never used the NFC function so it doesn't matter when i start to use the 1320. Bigger screen, impressive performance, good price, that's all what i need from my phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 1320 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb