Problem with the Lumia 1320 display

raefonti887

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE.
My brother already picked up the phone and I'd receive it in two days.
NCC told him that they replaced the phone. I don't know if the IMEI also changed (I think it should have been changed). I'll get back to this post when I test it.

Chrispjcj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE.
My brother already picked up the phone and I'd receive it in two days.
NCC told him that they replaced the phone. I don't know if the IMEI also changed (I think it should have been changed). I'll get back to this post when I test it.

Well, that was fast! If they replaced the phone, the IMEI should also be new. You can verify this by comparing on your box unit.

SyntacticSyntax

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh this is interesting. I'm going to buy a Lumia 1320 next month. I hope i won't encounter this issue here in Philippines. Btw where did you buy it in ph?

Posted using Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012) via Windows Phone Central App

SyntacticSyntax

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay. I'll try to find a reliable store in Manila. Here in our province Nokia store is dead. I can only find 520 here. Lol

Chrispjcj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Okay. I'll try to find a reliable store in Manila. Here in our province Nokia store is dead. I can only find 520 here. Lol

No problem. Let's go back to our issue topic, I have updated my phone OS into 8.1 DP. So far I haven't encountered the issue on display.

raefonti887

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
No problem. Let's go back to our issue topic, I have updated my phone OS into 8.1 DP. So far I haven't encountered the issue on display.
is the issue present on the 8.1 update? if it isn't, I'll probably download 8.1 preview for developers.
I already got a new unit(the IMEI changed), updated the OTA, but still, the issue persisted. I really think it's a software problem now.
this issue happens every time I send a message, then lock the screen. When I wake the phone, it goes crazy. Something has got to do with software.

EDIT: Update:
I updated to WP 8.1 DP, and the issue disappeared. Everything is quite stable for now.

Last edited:

raefonti887

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for double posting.

but my issue went on again! I'm on 8.1 DP and screen went crazy when I received a message without the flip cover). It happened to me once today, two days after installing 8.1 DP.

drewtiangco

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi Lumia 1320 users, I'm also from the philippines and I also had this issue 2days ago twice. I also got my unit from Globe. I believe its a bug with the auto brightness, glance and battery saver screen mode. I turned off auto brightness and battery saver screen mode. I also deleted temple run 2, this game has the same screen interface with the screen glitch and maybe this affects the settings of the phone but I'm not sure. Up to this day, the problem did not happen again. I hope a firmware update will fix this. Paging microsoft and nokia!

raefonti887

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Lumia 1320 users, I'm also from the philippines and I also had this issue 2days ago twice. I also got my unit from Globe. I believe its a bug with the auto brightness, glance and battery saver screen mode. I turned off auto brightness and battery saver screen mode. I also deleted temple run 2, this game has the same screen interface with the screen glitch and maybe this affects the settings of the phone but I'm not sure. Up to this day, the problem did not happen again. I hope a firmware update will fix this. Paging microsoft and nokia!
It's not working for me. Disabled auto brightness, battery saver brightness, turned off glance, set default brightness to low, still the issue came up. It usually comes either when receiving a message or after sending a message, locking the phone, and waking it.
sigh. I'm sending a video to Nokia Care PH right now because I captured what's happening to the phone on video to let them know something is really wrong.

FJane

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi there I'm a Nokia L1320 user also from Globe..i updated to WP 8.1 everything seems to be smooth until a week that my camera got a horizontal and vertical lines,while capturing and captured photo..
Is somebody having the same issue?
By the way,to where NCC has the fastest action for repair or checking?
Thank you..hope somebody will answer..

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Good day, im experiencing this problem... Within a day after I bought the unit I already experienced this problem... Is almost 3 days now and I experienced it thrice already, Im running cyan now... What happen to your unit... Im also from the Philippines... Thanks

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi there... My Lumia 1320 is about 3-4 months old, and I've experienced this weird color banding glitch a few times as well. As posted by other Lumia 1320 owners, the bug appears when waking the screen up, and goes away on restarting the phone.
My phone is also on Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan. Wonder what is causing it... And when will a fix be released.

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there... My Lumia 1320 is about 3-4 months old, and I've experienced this weird color banding glitch a few times as well. As posted by other Lumia 1320 owners, the bug appears when waking the screen up, and goes away on restarting the phone.
My phone is also on Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan. Wonder what is causing it... And when will a fix be released.

Since I bought this unit i just experieced the glitch 3 times with in tge first week and after that nothing... I Hope I will never experienced it anymore...

Anurag Pattnaik

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
guys I face the same problem but am sure its a software problem, any one knws y its happening ?? well I have turned of my glance screen,. bit relief but the problem still exist...

hisham691

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1320 DP WP 8.1 but still on Lumia black .. It's so weird I've never faced this problem .. Maybe it has something to do with the cyan update :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro