Lumia 1320 Bugs and Defects

ajithkingsley

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My 1320 is burning so damn hot whenever i open any game especially Asphalt 8. the top part of the phone gets too damn hot. Is this the same for everyone using 1320? or should I get it changed in NC? It even killed my mobile charger..

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
My 1320 is burning so damn hot whenever i open any game especially Asphalt 8. the top part of the phone gets too damn hot. Is this the same for everyone using 1320? or should I get it changed in NC? It even killed my mobile charger..

It happens to be while mobile is Charging

sunandajit

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Even mine also starts to heat up when I use it more than 10 minutes, mostly while surfing the app store or something like where data conection is required. The top left side heats up. Is this normal? I even don't play games.

Kaiser2000

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Had my 1320 for around 6 wks, no problems untill today...
It seems to be running ok then twice today screen went to off but the Start, Back and Search buttons @ the bottom of the screen vibrated when touched, after 5 mins it restarts by itself and resets to 03.26 on July 26 2012...

Frustrating...

Help...

Hey,

I have 2 Lumia 1320s on 2 different networks here in Ireland and both of them intermittently do this - usually during a call which is extremely annoying.

This happened under WP8 and now also WP8,1 Dev Preview. Phones have been soft and hard reset, reflashed and still happening

One I would have accepted as a hardware problem, but it's happening with both. They do have MicroSD cards in.. maybe it's something there?

Anyone seen similar or have any advice?

Broadbandrocks

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My issue has gone thankfully, tho I did have a look at the apps I had installed, also changed the sd card to a class 10...no issues since, hope you get sorted cos it was very annoying...

Raphyni

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem with my phone. Apps that were recently installed went crashing and cant open. Have opened it but in some time, my apps randomly crashes and cant be opened. I have the current windows phone 8.1 preview.

Another problem is the touchscreen. Sometimes, when i hold the screen longer, it responses randomly on the screen. For example i touch the "i" on the keyboard, it touches a, z, b ,d etc. But this happens rarely but still an issue.

I also have problem installing on large file games/apps such as asphalt 8, nova 3, modern combat 4. The download was finished but when installing, it always say retry because we found an error. The worst is, it will start downloading the 1gb file. I gave up on downloading it when it downloaded on the 6th time.

Payam Nasehi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Dear all , My NL1320 has some bugs , SD card error, key board ( e.g:when i type A most of the time it types AAAAAAA) , and from today my calender and time ( my time zone is correct) . i have this device for less than 2 months and i always enjoy it but today after calender error it starts to suffer me , finally when i listen to music or play games with it the back side become very hot ( the area around the camera) so do you have same experience ? what should i do to fix these errors ?:unhappy: Finally let me ask you guys , do we need to download an anti-virus app for our WM or not ? because in Google some body believed yes and somebody told not necessary

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
It's time to think about a hard reset ;)
About the av?
No. WP keeps al the apps sandboxed that's why apps can't reach the os or other apps. It's a very tight system so malicious codes can't do any harm.

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Updated 8.1 on same day it was released, had problem and did a Hard reset (soft reset didnt work), using a Class 10 32GB Ultra from SanDisk, post updating to WP 8.1, it said i had errors and had to scan to fix it, did it and next few days were very good, installed all the apps on SD Card but most of the apps including Bing news, Weather, Sports and etc... from bing, Skype, WhatsApp, Viber didnt load properly, it would open and crash, Did a hard reset again thinking that i have done something wrong in the initial configuration, post reset installed all apps again and didnt work, so moved all these to Phone memory and all these apps started work, two days back another weird thing happened, post unlocking the phone and going into the full app list, i was the whole page blank, literally no apps listed, i have the shortcuts and using that i was able to access the application but in the application list its was total blank, something got screwed when an update came in via store but dont know which one screwed my phone. Today morning reset my phone again, installed all apps from the history, till now it shows the list but dont know what would happen.... :angry:

ojas14

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! I am new here and I wouldn't have come across this forum if I had not been experiencing with find my phone. I can't locate my phone on map and though the ring ,lock and erase options are available, i am not able to do any of them. On setting <find my phone, i have only one option about send apps to my phone and I don't have any other option. Please let me know if you all have this issue or is it only me??

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Suppose your phone is password locked. You get a new mail. You swipe down the notification centre and tap on the new mail notification. Now, the password input pops up from the bottom. You can see the keys clearly, but the part where it shows the circles as you type in the password, well, that part gets hidden.

This does not affect the functionality, but gets a bit frustrating if you cannot enter the correct password in one go.

Am I the only one with this issue? If others have this issue, then, is MS aware of it? It has been there since I got 8.1.

I am on a Lumia 1320 with the WP8.1 with the newest update.

I have started a thread here with the screenshots:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...nlock-phone-tapping-unread-notifications.html

sunandajit

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have this strange problem with Here Map; when I open the Here Map, no map is shown, instead I get only a blue screen with 'here' as watermark on the screen. I have uninstalled and installed the map couple of times, but no use. Problem persists.
Anyone else has faced this or know the reason?

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I have this strange problem with Here Map; when I open the Here Map, no map is shown, instead I get only a blue screen with 'here' as watermark on the screen. I have uninstalled and installed the map couple of times, but no use. Problem persists.
Anyone else has faced this or know the reason?

Did you install the maps?

Chrispjcj

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Suppose your phone is password locked. You get a new mail. You swipe down the notification centre and tap on the new mail notification. Now, the password input pops up from the bottom. You can see the keys clearly, but the part where it shows the circles as you type in the password, well, that part gets hidden.

This does not affect the functionality, but gets a bit frustrating if you cannot enter the correct password in one go.

Am I the only one with this issue? If others have this issue, then, is MS aware of it? It has been there since I got 8.1.

I am on a Lumia 1320 with the WP8.1 with the newest update.

I have started a thread here with the screenshots:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...nlock-phone-tapping-unread-notifications.html

Bro, it's also happen to me. Could this issue only occurs in 1320?

sunandajit

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Did you install the maps?

Yes, couple of times...but still it doesn't load the maps, strange.

Another issue; below is my Os and firmware version
Os version: 8.0.10517.50
Firmware revision number: 3056.40000.1349.3002

I found Phone Update, but while downloading I got error 'The update couldn't be downloaded. (801882d2)'. I am using a 2G connection.

Is the latest firmware size too big to download over data connection?
Can the download problem be related to my data connectivity?

Last edited:

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Probably yes, recommendation for firmware update is always through wifi.
An other option is the Nokia Care suit.
Then you can download and reflash a complete fresh Windows Os.
Maybe there is something wrong with your firmware, and when you do a factory reset it also reinstall the problem ( if there is one ), by reflashing the firmare from nokia you can rulle that out.............just a idea

Last edited:

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Dear all , My NL1320 has some bugs , SD card error, key board ( e.g:when i type A most of the time it types AAAAAAA) , and from today my calender and time ( my time zone is correct) . i have this device for less than 2 months and i always enjoy it but today after calender error it starts to suffer me , finally when i listen to music or play games with it the back side become very hot ( the area around the camera) so do you have same experience ? what should i do to fix these errors ?:unhappy: Finally let me ask you guys , do we need to download an anti-virus app for our WM or not ? because in Google some body believed yes and somebody told not necessary

To reduce heat up, limit the number of background tasks. It is natural for the top part of the phone to become very hot. The date+time problem occurs across all Windows Phones. The keyboard error could be a touch screen error. Make sure that the touch sensitivity is normal and keep the screen clean (clean with isopropyl alcohol). As for the SD card, plug in the card directly to your PC, back up everything to your PC, format it, and then restore everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss