Nokia Lumia 1320 User Reviews

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
We've all read reviews by the big websites - you know, the ones that talk about how bad Windows Phone is... Well, if you have a Lumia 1320, here's your place to post a review of the phone from the perspective of having actually used it in real life.

Is it all you ever wanted? We want to hear it. Are there shortcomings that you can't do without? Tell us now. This is the place to do it.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
tried the phone in store , gorgeous 6" display and it was snappy (which is common in all windows phone ) , with 1 GB ram it was able to handle some high intensive games like asphalt 8 without any problems. I was impressed but the camera is very basic (just 5MP shooter ) but hey what else can you expect from this price range phablet. I am planning to gift this to my sister on her wedding anniversary :smile:

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Me and my little big 1320.

A year ago i bought a Lumia 520, had a couple of Droids before bud wanted something else.
And to be honest, i didnt think much of it, not only the phone, but WP8 neither.
So i made a small cheap leap of feith.
Well was i in for a big surprise, it was sleek, snappy and above all....trustworthy.
And i started to like it and learned a lot about Wp8 and their phones.
And after a while the newer Nokias came out.
The 1020, 1520 and the 1320.
Darn men....it started to itch.
Nice sets, the one was better than the other.
Than i looked at the price and started to snif, looked in my wallet and............
Well married, two cats and three kids, so what do you think..........yep empty wallet ( story of my life ).
So i had to save some money.
As you all know, its a big crisis in the Netherlands, so robbing an old lady would not do me any good.
her wallet is probably just as empty as mine.
So i looked at the internet and found a secondhand 1320 new and completely seald.
And close at home.
170,- thats about 230 us dollars, so i jumpt in my car and drove of to get me that handset, had to be quick before he changes his mind.
I paid him the 170,- and took the box, but he also had a leather flipcover witch he could not use, so i got that for free.
I was glad i got the flipcover for free, so it was no a complete ripoff.
My wife was a little bit cross, but after i told her that i bouth it just for reselling it, she decided to let me live....pfoeiiii

I opend the package and looked at it, hm the first thing what came in to my mind was that it was big.
A 6" nice piece of glass, a slight bigger than the 520 i use to.
I started to peel of the backcover, quite scary thow, it felt somewhat fragile.
I swapped the sim and the sd from my "old" 520 and had a small strugle to put the cover back on....but i won.
And, before i knew it it was already booting.
Setting it up is quite strait forward and easy.
Handling and setting a WP up is almost kidsstuff, WP is quite dummyproof, even my mother in law could set on up.
Na....almost setting one up.
After logging in, it gave me the opportunity to reinstall al my previous apps and settings.
Even my mailaccounts where back, i just needed to enter my paswords ............if i remembered them grrrrrrrr
After going to some drawers i finaly found that piece of paper with all my accescodes.
Comming of age you forget sometimes hahaha
So after a while i got it finaly set up, apps,contacts, apoinments they where all there.
Now it was time to work on the homescreen.
Making it compfy i had al my tiles on the 520 set in a specific order.
But on the 6" i had room for extra tiles, big stress....how on earth would i ever get that homescreen full.
I got the 1320 a couple of weeks now and stil have a problem with that.
Just a luxury problem i guess ;-)

After the setup it was time to clip it in to the flipcover,
it already fellt big, but in the cover it almost looks like a stone brick.
How on earth could that fit in my pocket.............
hey are you happy to see me?
No thats my phone,
yea right, you pervert.......

But it fits quit nicely.
Only when you are trying to drive a car than it can be a real nutcrusher....
So i advice not to keep it in your pants while driving....

Now the overall review.

The phone itself works fine, it is not something special except the size.
The network has a good reception, as the wifi.

GPS/Navigation
Gps in combination with Hereapplications is great.
Navigation with a 6" screen seems a bit overwhelming at first, but you get used to it.
Here mapps and drive are good and precise.
Only you dont get the full package,
so for worldwide navigation you have to make a small donation in the app store.

Camera
Photo's and video are allright, not the best camera on the market but good enough for some snapshots,
just dont use the zoom....
The inapp camera from MS is workable, but the Nokia Cam is way better, its has more settings.
5 Mp camera's were not so long ago state of the art, but now its considerate moderate.
But i like it, and you realy dont whant to take a picture of my mother in law with a 20 or a 40 Mp camera.
I know, i wouldnt.
Shooting videos with 1080 P is great.
But keep your hands of the digital zoom....just like the pictures......it ruins everything.
Front camera, wel just a vga 640 / 480 so nothing special.

Gaming
I am not a big gamer, but as i am married and my better half is having her downtime, i always try to do my best to ignore here.
Its a lot healthier for me, so i installed angry birds go.
Thats the game with those irritating birdlike critters trying to drive a car like my wife does.
Still waiting for Carmageddon........Hey Developers...HINT HINT.
The game runs good and loading quite fast.
Only the topside of the phone is getting noticeable warm.

Webbrowsing.
Webbrowsing is good, can blame it on the phone or MS when websitebuilders stil not using the propper methodes.
Pages are loading quick and due the big screen its good readable, even with my eyes.
Tho i have set the letterfonts a tiny big bigger than usual.
Media is also loading quit nicely, dont have any problems with the tubes....
Even the WPcentral app is good readable without the glasses.

Screen
Screen is good, clear and very bright.
Not the best but good enough to work with and for media
I have my own thoughts about the pixelgrazymediahype and i dont have bionic eyes.

Batterylife
Not much to say.
Its good, at first i just got a day and a half, but now its about two two and a half day.
But i am not a heavy user.
Its a lot better than al the phones i had before ( except for the 520 ofcourse ).

The main reason i went for the big screens is just to get a better browsing experience.
4" is to small to browse, and i hate to scroll

its just like a 520 but a slite bigger with more ram and better cpu.
The backplate is kind of slippery.
So a good cover might be handy

Future wishes about phones.
I sincerely hope that MS keeps the same course as Nokia did.
Make a couple of waterproof models.

But for now, i am quite content with it.

Just a view examples of the 5 MP camera

For comparison with other phones

Nokia Lumia 1320 - Full phone specifications

Last edited:

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So far my 1320 is the best Nokia WP I have owned. Great display for HD only, excellent battery and reception. Great value. Sure, it lacks the greatest camera and stereo speakers, but it does not lack any important features for a WP Phablet. All the games work great and texting is a joy. Plenty fast also.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Me and my little big 1320.

A year ago i bought a Lumia 520, had a couple of Droids before bud wanted something else.
And to be honest, i didnt think much of it, not only the phone, but WP8 neither.
So i made a small cheap leap of feith.
Well was i in for a big surprise, it was sleek, snappy and above all....trustworthy.
And i started to like it and learned a lot about Wp8 and their phones.
And after a while the newer Nokias came out.
The 1020, 1520 and the 1320.
Darn men....it started to itch.
Nice sets, the one was better than the other.
Than i looked at the price and started to snif, looked in my wallet and............
Well married, two cats and three kids, so what do you think..........yep empty wallet ( story of my life ).
So i had to save some money.
As you all know, its a big crisis in the Netherlands, so robbing an old lady would not do me any good.
her wallet is probably just as empty as mine.
So i looked at the internet and found a secondhand 1320 new and completely seald.
And close at home.
170,- thats about 230 us dollars, so i jumpt in my car and drove of to get me that handset, had to be quick before he changes his mind.
I paid him the 170,- and took the box, but he also had a leather flipcover witch he could not use, so i got that for free.
I was glad i got the flipcover for free, so it was no a complete ripoff.
My wife was a little bit cross, but after i told her that i bouth it just for reselling it, she decided to let me live....pfoeiiii

I opend the package and looked at it, hm the first thing what came in to my mind was that it was big.
A 6" nice piece of glass, a slight bigger than the 520 i use to.
I started to peel of the backcover, quite scary thow, it felt somewhat fragile.
I swapped the sim and the sd from my "old" 520 and had a small strugle to put the cover back on....but i won.
And, before i knew it it was already booting.
Setting it up is quite strait forward and easy.
Handling and setting a WP up is almost kidsstuff, WP is quite dummyproof, even my mother in law could set on up.
Na....almost setting one up.
After logging in, it gave me the opportunity to reinstall al my previous apps and settings.
Even my mailaccounts where back, i just needed to enter my paswords ............if i remembered them grrrrrrrr
After going to some drawers i finaly found that piece of paper with all my accescodes.
Comming of age you forget sometimes hahaha
So after a while i got it finaly set up, apps,contacts, apoinments they where all there.
Now it was time to work on the homescreen.
Making it compfy i had al my tiles on the 520 set in a specific order.
But on the 6" i had room for extra tiles, big stress....how on earth would i ever get that homescreen full.
I got the 1320 a couple of weeks now and stil have a problem with that.
Just a luxury problem i guess ;-)

After the setup it was time to clip it in to the flipcover,
it already fellt big, but in the cover it almost looks like a stone brick.
How on earth could that fit in my pocket.............
hey are you happy to see me?
No thats my phone,
yea right, you pervert.......

But it fits quit nicely.
Only when you are trying to drive a car than it can be a real nutcrusher....
So i advice not to keep it in your pants while driving....

Now the overall review.

The phone itself works fine, it is not something special except the size.
The network has a good reception, as the wifi.

GPS/Navigation
Gps in combination with Hereapplications is great.
Navigation with a 6" screen seems a bit overwhelming at first, but you get used to it.
Here mapps and drive are good and precise.
Only you dont get the full package,
so for worldwide navigation you have to make a small donation in the app store.

Camera
Photo's and video are allright, not the best camera on the market but good enough for some snapshots,
just dont use the zoom....
The inapp camera from MS is workable, but the Nokia Cam is way better, its has more settings.
5 Mp camera's were not so long ago state of the art, but now its considerate moderate.
But i like it, and you realy dont whant to take a picture of my mother in law with a 20 or a 40 Mp camera.
I know, i wouldnt.
Shooting videos with 1080 P is great.
But keep your hands of the digital zoom....just like the pictures......it ruins everything.
Front camera, wel just a vga 640 / 480 so nothing special.

Gaming
I am not a big gamer, but as i am married and my better half is having her downtime, i always try to do my best to ignore here.
Its a lot healthier for me, so i installed angry birds go.
Thats the game with those irritating birdlike critters trying to drive a car like my wife does.
Still waiting for Carmageddon........Hey Developers...HINT HINT.
The game runs good and loading quite fast.
Only the topside of the phone is getting noticeable warm.

Webbrowsing.
Webbrowsing is good, can blame it on the phone or MS when websitebuilders stil not using the propper methodes.
Pages are loading quick and due the big screen its good readable, even with my eyes.
Tho i have set the letterfonts a tiny big bigger than usual.
Media is also loading quit nicely, dont have any problems with the tubes....
Even the WPcentral app is good readable without the glasses.

Screen
Screen is good, clear and very bright.
Not the best but good enough to work with and for media
I have my own thoughts about the pixelgrazymediahype and i dont have bionic eyes.

Batterylife
Not much to say.
Its good, at first i just got a day and a half, but now its about two two and a half day.
But i am not a heavy user.
Its a lot better than al the phones i had before ( except for the 520 ofcourse ).

The main reason i went for the big screens is just to get a better browsing experience.
4" is to small to browse, and i hate to scroll

its just like a 520 but a slite bigger with more ram and better cpu.
The backplate is kind of slippery.
So a good cover might be handy

Future wishes about phones.
I sincerely hope that MS keeps the same course as Nokia did.
Make a couple of waterproof models.

But for now, i am quite content with it.

Just a view examples of the 5 MP camera

[url]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm179/groetjes-uit-groningen/WP_20140330_12_25_27_Pro.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm179/groetjes-uit-groningen/WP_20140330_15_56_09_Pro.jpg[/URL]

For comparison with other phones

Nokia Lumia 1320 - Full phone specifications

I looked at your album. Nice pictures. I wish I could be there fishing. What kind of fish are those?

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Just received my 1320 from Newegg. I thought I ordered the RM 944, which would have given me limited 4G in the states but I'm pleasantly surprised that the model Newegg is selling in the USA is actually the Latin American 995, which offers 4G and LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile USA. Newegg is marketing the device with the incorrect info, I ordered the black which is fully functional on T-Mobile. More to come later this week.

Darenhoff

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Very nice! But may be I am unlucky.
My Lumia 1320 yellow is just one month old. I am so tired, bored and furious about it that I have decided
'this was my first windows phone and this will be my last'. Its a pain on my as*.
Micro$oft has gang raqed Nokia! The idea of minimum key is gone. It hangs every moment I modify the addressbook -
Say I add a picture or link duplicate entries of people from multiple synced mail account it simply hangs or reboots on his own.
Instead of BSOD now it is new BSOD(Black screen of death)!
Call recorder does not record !
The GPS is good for nothing wrt my N82 in terms of correctness! It does not have a key to save the location instantly which my N82 has.
The most irritating and unwanted thing is everything I want to save it has to go to the net! Real sh*t, isn't it?
The access to files on SD card - another hell ! Most of the time you get a response 'we cannot connect to the store' - hell of it! I am at a remote
place where I cannot expect a mobile tower even and I cannot save my location - the hell wants 'store'.
It has been a waste of money in the good name of Nokia and I advice every user not to buy any windows phone.:cool:

Youshouldknow

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 1320 yellow is just one month old. I am so tired, bored and furious about it that I have decided
'this was my first windows phone and this will be my last'. Its a pain on my as*.
Micro$oft has gang raqed Nokia! The idea of minimum key is gone. It hangs every moment I modify the addressbook -
Say I add a picture or link duplicate entries of people from multiple synced mail account it simply hangs or reboots on his own.
The GPS is good for nothing wrt my N82 in terms of correctness! It does not have a key to save the location instantly which my N82 has.
The most irritating and unwanted thing is everything I want to save it has to go to the net! Real sh*t, isn't it?
The access to files on SD card - another hell ! Most of the time you get a response 'we cannot connect to the store' - hell of it! I am at a remote
place where I cannot expect a mobile tower even and I cannot save my location - the hell wants 'store'.
It has been a waste of money in the good name of Nokia and I advice every user not to buy any windows phone.:cool:

Yeah man, you must have been really unfortunate on your experience. Having tried ios and android, i have to say that windows phone is my favorite mobile os: fluid, responsive, beautiful and unique. I recommend it every day.

Jackson Luchembe

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
1320 its a great platform and working well with WP8.1 and good battery life. The only annoying things I have is my WhatsApp and Subway Surfers latest updates. They are both running very slow

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
'this was my first windows phone and this will be my last'. Its a pain on my as cool:

Wel **** happends
there is 1 at a 1000 change you got a defective unit and you are just the Lucky one.

But if you did some better reading than you should know that some thing are blah blah

// It does not have a key to save the location instantly which my N82 has//,
well that "key" is in the menu of here drive

the record you call is not possible because the microphone shuts down when a third party aps trying to get a hold of it during a phonecall.

// The most irritating and unwanted thing is everything I want to save it has to go to the net! Real sh*t, isn't it? //
???????????????????????????????????????????????

//The access to files on SD card - another hell !//
wel thats a point, but there are some filemanagers now.

//Most of the time you get a response 'we cannot connect to the store' - hell of it! I am at a remote
place where I cannot expect a mobile tower even and I cannot save my location - the hell wants 'store'.//

what has that to do with MS?

Thats a lot of stuf for a firsttime poster.
I wish you a lot of luck and fun with Android or Ios.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking forward for this phone coming from 520. Thanks for the reviews here. I am considering this phone now. I wanted a better camera and I wouldn't mind paying a little more for it but nothing comes close.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The camera is about the same.
Both are 5 Mp
But the rest is a complete other Phone.
I got them both ( the 520 and the 1320 ) and they are both great phones, but each in its own way.

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The camera is about the same.
Both are 5 Mp
But the rest is a complete other Phone.
I got them both ( the 520 and the 1320 ) and they are both great phones, but each in its own way.
I am not much of a photographer so I guess the camera would do the job. How is the front camera? Can it take okayish pics and is it okay for Skype? I don't have high expectations it being a vga camera.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The frontcamera is good enough for the job.
Cant speak of skyp, dont use it ;-)

But i have made two pics in low light.
One with the main cam and one with the front.

Main cam

Front cam

For normal use its good enough i think.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

You might have got a defective piece or a fake one! Android lags & hangs! IOS & Windows don't have such problems!

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Got mine delivered this morning. Doing all the updates etc as I type. Very excited to be living with this monster atm.
I could only get a white one. I can see it getting very dirty very quickly.

ajmerashiwangi

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This Nokia Lumia 1320 handset is manufature with 6 inches display 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage. This 8 GB internal storage is sufficient for me. I am using this storage for my wide use. I am admire this sleek and good look mobile. This handset full fill my mostly desires on the bases of high speed Dual-Core 1.7 GHz processor and media player and applications works perfectly. I have no issue about battery. Because battery lasts one full day on heavy usage.

abelnorchis

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1320 is my third Windows Phone. Before this one, I owned Samsung Omnia7 and Lumia 620. In the middle, I have alternate a couple of Android phones. I can say that now, the system (WP 8.1) is mature, and continous growing every day. After 1 month of 1320 use, believe me, it's impossible to live without. The keyboard is so BIG, the swipe function works perfectly. System is reactive and the display looks good, for a simple hd resolution. Battery is powerful. If I turn off the phone during night, it is usable for minimum 2 days. Games working perfectly, 1 Gb of ram is enough for all WP app or game. Camera is ok. Not so good as other phones in the same price range, but for me it's ok. There is a front camera but I can't spend a good word for this insufficient feature (I don't need, because I don't make selfies). I bought my 1320 in offer at 199 Euro (about 249 US$), when official price is 299 and they give it to me, in bundle with a Nokia Coloud Boom Headset. Not Bad,uh? At last , I'm really satisfied. Now I'm only waiting for Cortana working in Italian.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa