Bit of a bargain and made me make the plunge as I wanted a Phablet style phone. Had a Windows 7 phone which was rubbish, but it looks like Nokia and MS have put in a lot of work and so far I'm very impressed. Personally, I think the Windows interface better suits Phablets than a mobile.
    dpakrr likes this.
    04-19-2014 04:20 PM
    Bit of a bargain and made me make the plunge as I wanted a Phablet style phone. Had a Windows 7 phone which was rubbish, but it looks like Nokia and MS have put in a lot of work and so far I'm very impressed. Personally, I think the Windows interface better suits Phablets than a mobile.
    Nice mate, I've been using android since I wasn't a fan of WP7 in 2010! I took the plunge for the same reason as you! still waiting for my black Lumia 1320 to arrive. how's the experience been so far - do you love it? and does it fit in your pocket or how are you carrying it?
    04-19-2014 04:30 PM
    Well my main phone is an iPhone. I've used Blackberrys and a couple of Android devices (last one was an S4) but I find that the iPhone does everything I need and does it well. I do like to carry a second phone though, usually something which doesn't do what the iPhone does and decided I'd like a phablet so got this as it was cheap. So far I've been impressed. The apps developed by Nokia and MS work really well. I especially like the news app which lets me select news items I'm interested in as well as from an extensive list of news sources. I also like the Sport app which lets me pin my favourite team's latest stats as an active tile on the home screen and the linking o contacts to my social media accounts works better than Android and Blackberry.
    'Here Transit' is also very good and tells you exactly which form of public transport to catch and where from. All in all I'm impressed, but I do think the active tiles style operating system does work better on a phablet size screen than a normal phone screen.
    I think you'll enjoy using it - I have.
    dpakrr likes this.
    04-19-2014 06:00 PM
    Glad you enjoyed
    04-19-2014 06:41 PM