Potential Nokia CYAN firmware???

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
guys just played around with nokia software recovery tool as i read that it has been updated...then somehow i saw a new software i can install with my lumia 1320... i didnt install it though :) if someone can try this or verify this would be great...

1320.png

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I think the Cyan firmware would first be available for 1520 before any other phone. This one might just be another one of those firmwares for L1320 stability.
Currently its not available OTA, just checked for updates and it says my phone is up to date.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the Cyan firmware would first be available for 1520 before any other phone. This one might just be another one of those firmwares for L1320 stability.
Currently its not available OTA, just checked for updates and it says my phone is up to date.

yup, i can confirm, i tried checking my phone for OTA but with no avail.. wonder how soon this would be available.. but 1520 and 1320 were announce the same date wasn't it? not sure..

raefonti887

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
that's the OTA I had for my phone (Philippines) released this May. It's also the OTA dated March 27/28 for some. it's a firmware update(Nokia),not a OS(Microsoft)

raefonti887

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
It's a nokia update and it doesn't change the OS version, as far as I know. This is for Windows 8. I had mine updated before going to 8.1 DP. it just doesn't roll out at the same time.

I think for Dev Preview ones, the next firmware update we're going to get might be along with Cyan already, but we would still get the OS update(8.1) earlier. I dont know if Nokia would push a firmware update with 8.1 DP

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The socalled update of the OP is not a update.
Its just the latest firmware for recovery or repair ( if you run in to trouble and cant do a factoryreset ).

Firmwareupdates are alway's OTA, recovery's are not.

If you installed the Preview of 8.1, you get later on two updates.
First is the final official release of WP8.1 from MS ( prob 24 june or soon after that date ) and seconds you get the one from your carier.
The time between those two can be variable, the last and final update ( the socalled Cyan update ) depents on your brand/model and carier.

NOLATechy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Now since I'm on WP8.1 Dev preview, do I already have this firmware ? Or I would never get it? I'm confused :confused:

This update was a firmware fix for the WiFi issues on the Lumia Icon. I had to downgrade from WP8.1 to WP8.0 using Nokia Recovery Tool in order to get this firmware update. It did fix the WiFi issue for me and after receiving the update, I re-upgraded to WP8.1 Dev Preview. Icon is working perfectly now! No problems at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon