Touch Screen Issue Using Screen Protector Lumia 1320

kunafpls

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a Lumia 1320 that is extremely inaccurate when I use a screen protector. It always types multiple letters of the same letter at once when I only tap it once, or with WP8.1 swype, it separates the trails every two letters which gets very annoying. Registers touches as swipes, swipes as touches, etc. Really annoying. Any fixes other than removing the screen protector?

Thanks,
Kenneth

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What type of screen protector are you using. Try removing it and see if the problem still persist(clean the screen after removing screen protector)

kunafpls

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
What type of screen protector are you using. Try removing it and see if the problem still persist(clean the screen after removing screen protector)

NO screen protector works fine. I used a Nilkin Tempered Glass protector for 1320, used NuThink Privacy Protector, used a few generic clear ones (which worked ok). Already tried cleaning the screen and what not. Works perfectly w/o it.

Dr Love PhD

Banned
Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Reminds me of the horror of my 1520's super sensitive screen. I couldn't type a thing without fixing one word or another...and apps opening up all the time..I was never before so thankful for the update that repaired this issue. Now, no problems. I wonder if this issue is related when using a screen protector. If only our (you and I) had Guerilla Glass 3 instead of G2 which is 50% thinner than G1 resulting in cracks on such a large screen. Not enough structural support for such a thin display screen stretched over a large expanse.

misquitas

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I am faced with the EXACT problem. I have recently purchased my 1320 and typing was excellent. But after putting on a screen guard, the alphabets repeat (ex. whyyy are yyyou calllling?) with annoying frequency.
Is there any way out? I am keen to use a screen guard to prevent unwanted scratches on my 1320. My wife has had no such problem typing on her lumia 625 with a screen guard.

Kindly assist.
Thanks.

iKarlito

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey there,

yesterday I received my Nillkin glass protector and I do have problems, too. I removed the glass as the phablet is not useable anymore.

misquitas

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I am faced with the EXACT problem. I have recently purchased my 1320 and typing was excellent. But after putting on a screen guard, the alphabets repeat (ex. whyyy are yyyou calllling?) with annoying frequency.
Is there any way out? I am keen to use a screen guard to prevent unwanted scratches on my 1320. My wife has had no such problem typing on her lumia 625 with a screen guard.
Kindly assist.
Thanks.

UPDATE:'Updating' my Lumia 1320 with the latest firmware has solved the touch sensitivity problems. Keyboard is working just fine with my screen guard installed.

djomla43

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using regular clear screen protector on my L1320, no problem here :) waiting for matte screen protector to be available :)

Sent from my HTC One using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923