How to access PC's internet on Lumia 1320 windows 8 phone?

sherdil

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
How can I access PC's internet on my Lumia 1320 phone using USB data cable? I do not have Wi-Fi modem/router but have wired high speed internet on PC which I wish to use on my mobile phone as well. Is there any way to do that?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately Windows Phones cannot access the internet from a wired device. If you're PC has a Wi-Fi adapter connected to it then you can share your wired Ethernet connection with the wireless adapter to act as a mobile hotspot. You can get a USB Wi-Fi adapter these days for dirt cheap depending on where your stay

This is what I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008I...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2589978

spflorin

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you please be more specific as to what steps must be done ? There isn't much info available. I too have a cable broadband connection and an Asus WL-138gE wireless adapter but I cant seem to make them work to get internet on my lumia 1320

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Does your pc have a wifi card? If it has, you can turn on wifi from network & settings bar from the taskbar below(assuming you have windows vista/7 on your pc) not sure about windows 8/8.1. If your PC doesn't have Wi-Fi card, then I am sorry, you can't use your PCs internet on your phone

spflorin

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an Asus WL-138gE wireless adapter. It sees my neighbours' wifi networks fine (good to excellent signals). I'm running win 7 ultimate x64 and I have created an ad hoc network following a guide i found (can't put link here due to my low posts) but the phone, again, doesn't see my created network. The new network created is enabled.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If your pc isnt thetering capable than sorry the answer is no you cant.
But there are wifi routers plenty, maybe thats a option or try to kiss up with the neighbors.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

udaykiran19

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Just google for " virtual router plus". Down and install the software. Run it on your PC
Set the following
1) SSID
2) Password
3) Your Wifi connection on your PC
4) Start the virtual router

Your wifi on the phone can pick this connection. Hope this helps.
Im using this at my home. Feel free to ask questions. Ty

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster