1320 on cricket

dixonjr79

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Definitely worth it... waiting for the AWS frequency confirmation (RM-995 ) to decide if I'll be importing this to Canada ��

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought it and it's a great phone! It's not high end but it's faster than my 520 and feels on par with my 920 and 925. The screen looks great, too. I couldn't load WP8.1 (the phone went into a reboot loop) so I'm stuck with WP8.0 for now. It's an RM-995, the Latin American version, so while it works fine with Aio/Cricket, it doesn't look as though it'll work well in Europe. Basically, I'm very happy with this phone (even the orange color is growing on me).

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Is the orange glossy or matte? Also does the 6 inch sseem to big coming from a 520 user?

It's a matte finish. Coming from a 520, it would seem massive; not as much so with a 920/925 (but it's still a big phone). It's thin but wide and it fits nicely in one's hand.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Interested but not clear on purchase price. Not a cricket customer

1. Is ($40) activation required?
2. Is it unlocked?
3. The $50 discount requires activation, plus minimum service agreement (i.e. 3 months)

Thanks in advance !

Josiah62

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
1) I heard there is no activation fee when purchasing online.
3) Yes but if u get 5 lines on the $40 plan, it'll be only $110 a month because of the multiple lines discount so it'll be cheaper.than the $50 mail in rebate.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I've also read it's branded from cricket. Debating whether to get the cricket version or unbranded version. Both are the rm-995 variant.

1. How well does cricket support wm?
2. Is it better to get cricket version or gsmnation version?

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Interested but not clear on purchase price. Not a cricket customer

1. Is ($40) activation required?
2. Is it unlocked?
3. The $50 discount requires activation, plus minimum service agreement (i.e. 3 months)

Thanks in advance !

1. They were making noises about an activation fee when I bought mine in a store but it wound up being a $35 "upgrade fee." I probably could've fought it but after running around town trying to find a store that had it and/or would sell it on Friday (some thought it wasn't supposed to be released until the following Monday), I said whatever and paid it.
2. No, the phone is locked to Cricket (and probably AT&T)
3. The $50 discount is actually a mail-in rebate for a Visa gift card. Bonus, though, is that I got a $35 WP store credit after downloading "Gift Voucher" app from the Nokia Collection.

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

I've also read it's branded from cricket. Debating whether to get the cricket version or unbranded version. Both are the rm-995 variant.

1. How well does cricket support wm?
2. Is it better to get cricket version or gsmnation version?

1. WM?
2. It would be a toss-up if they are both the RM-995 but I would probably go with the GSM Nation version since the phone would be unlocked and Cricket's fees basically wipe-out the $50 gift card. You can find different colored backings on eBay if you want something more colorful than the black backing from GSM Nation.

kj_wp

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

How well does crickets support Windows Phone, as far as OS upgrades?

I've bought unlocked unbranded and am happy with OS upgrades. If there is 8.1 bug in the RM-995 will cricket get the upgrade/patch? The next gen phones arriving fall supposedly. Any experience with cricket in general.

Thanks

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know, Cricket / Aio has updated the Lumia 620 to the Black firmware, so if history repeats, shall I say they are reqdy to support WP more ? I mean, they did bring the Lumia 1320 T: The phone is a commitment all in it's own.

coasterdevils30

May 29, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know, Cricket / Aio has updated the Lumia 620 to the Black firmware, so if history repeats, shall I say they are reqdy to support WP more ? I mean, they did bring the Lumia 1320 T: The phone is a commitment all in it's own.

Looking at possibly getting a 1320, current 620 user on Cricket/Aio. They have not provided the Black update and were the last carrier to provide Amber. For a while on Nokia's update website, black was listed as pending approval and then changed to not available. I've downloaded 8.1 so haven't had to worry, but I'm not too sure about them providing timely future updates.

Devmer11

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Will the Cricket 1320 get updated to Windows 8.1?
yes it was stated in the press release when the phone was announced on the carrier I personally think cricket will support windows phone nicely I moved my 820 and number from ATT no problem and have been happy ever since

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa