Photos not showing in gallery

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
New 1320 running WP8.1. When I got it, I stuck in an old Micro SD card I had.It worked OK, but I had a new,bigger one on the way.That turned up today.
When I try to sync pics from my PC, they are added.But they do not show up in the gallery.The folders do not appear at all, BUT I have the Photos live tile set up to show Favourites...as I add and remove folders, the Favourites list get shorter or longer.
Add videos, appear straight away, same with music.
Any ideas?

I did post try to post this in the Ask A Question forum, but it kept saying it was spam!!

Edit: The same photos are on the other SD card I used and they were fine
Edit 2: Reformatted card ,same thing . In Storage Sense they are showing up as Other rather than Photos
Edit 3: Removed new card, put the old one back in.All works as it should. A bad card wouldn't just have problems with photos would it?

Last edited:

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

Col Panic

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Try the following

1. Switch off the phone and then remove the memory card. For information on how to remove the memory card, see your Nokia phone's user guide.

2. Connect the memory card to a PC with a USB or SD card adapter; your memory card should appear as a separate drive on the computer:
1.If the memory card problem message box appears, follow the on-screen instruction to fix the problem.
2.If the memory card is not recognised by the PC, it may be broken or password protected by the previous device where it was used. Neither Windows nor Windows Phone support password protection. Remove the password from the memory card with the previously used device.

3. Format the memory card on a PC. Before formatting the memory card, make sure you have a backup of the data as it is lost during formatting:
1.Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the removable storage on the computer, right-click the memory card and select Format.
2.For 4-32GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes and press Start. For 64GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB.
3.Confirm the data loss warning message. When the formatting process is complete, press OK.
4.Restore only the data that is compatible with your phone (JPEG or MP4 in the photos folder or MP3 in the music folder).
5.Right-click the memory card, select Eject, and wait until it is safe to remove the card.
6.Insert the memory card into the slot in the phone until it locks into place.

The previous actions usually solve your problem. If they do not help, test with another compatible memory card to see if the issue is with the card. Some memory cards are currently incompatible with your phone. For optimal performance, we recommend a fast 4-32GB card by a well-known manufacturer, for example, SanDisk Extreme Pro, Toshiba Exceria, or Samsung Pro.

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
OK, synced everything over via a SD card adapter on the PC(after formatting the card). Videos...check. Music...Check. Pictures....not working
They are obviously on the card. Downloaded a file explorer, and I can see all the folders, view the pictures in the app.Move the pictures to the phone memory and they appear instantly.
The Photos app takes an age updating, but still just blank.

Unfortunately, if anyone does have any advice, I wont be able to try anything now until tomorrow.
So thanks in advance

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
The phone must recognise the pics are there, because as I say,my Favourites appear,just not the folder that they are in or any of the other pictures in that folder.

Col Panic

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It's probably going to be easier to start over. Plug in the USB into your computer and copy and paste the pictures into the phone

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With your sd card inserted, try to take pictures with your Lumia camera. The pictures taken will saved on camera roll folder. Then connect your Lumia to pc, copy your desired pics to camera roll folder. This trick may work just to see your pics on your Lumia.

KonaGuy

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Lumia 822. When I browse it connected to a computer, the file structure is there, but the phone's not displaying the photos (it does show the folders though, oddly). I'm hoping that the Cyan firmware will fix this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3