1320 noob question

bufferz

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Proud owner of a 1320 (Loving it that much, the mrs has gone and bought one too!). My question may not solely relate to the 1320 maybe the whole wp range but here goes. On my previous android phone, when I went running, I used to have endomondo, tunein radio, and a c25k tracker (not available on wp unfortunately). The problem i seem to have is endo runs in the background fine, whatever else i have running, but if i have either tunein or nokiamix runnning, if i then try and have a c25k thing running, it stops the music track running. Is there a particular way i should load the apps to prevent this? (What I am really after is what I had on my android - the music plays, the tracker kicks in and announces when to walk or run, then the music resumes)

Also, when running an c25k app, if i accidentally hit the windows button on the bottom, it shuts off the app and i have to start again, whereas on android it just continued from where it was cut-off. Again is this just WP, and it may be improved using 8.1?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a badly designed app. In WP that is exactly how the app should function too i.e. tracker kicks in, announces stuff, music resumes.
It works similarly for system notifications for example, if you get a call or sms, you hear notification and once you are done with the call, you music starts automatically. It used to be the case with WP8 - no clue if WP8.1 has changed anything in that respect. BTW, got myself a 1320 today! How is the device? What did you use before? Are you using it as a 4G device or 3G?

bufferz

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Loving it! Getting used to the size, previously had a galaxy s3, but was just slowing down all the time, and after it had an "accident", ( I knocked it off the upstairs landing, it bounced down the stairs and ended up in bits on the wood flooring!), i fancied a change to WP. Currently its a 3G device, as my contract doesnt finish until 12th August, then going for a 4G contract sim-only.

A bit more memory would be useful, but when 8.1 lets you move everything to SD, there will be plenty of room, im sure!

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
You can put 8.1 preview on it now. Works perfectly and rock solid. If, for some reason, you need to go back to 8.0 you can do so quite easily.
Loving my 1320, just not sure if it's a tad to big to use as my daily device, and that's coming from a Note 3 user.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Loving it! Getting used to the size, previously had a galaxy s3, but was just slowing down all the time, and after it had an "accident", ( I knocked it off the upstairs landing, it bounced down the stairs and ended up in bits on the wood flooring!), i fancied a change to WP. Currently its a 3G device, as my contract doesnt finish until 12th August, then going for a 4G contract sim-only.

A bit more memory would be useful, but when 8.1 lets you move everything to SD, there will be plenty of room, im sure!

I've also ordered a 64GB memory card from Sandisk, was about ?21 so that ain't expensive at all. I am not sure about the size either. I haven't used a phablet, ever. I am the one who used to laugh when people use phablets for phone calls. But I wanted to get rid of my Lumia 720, so had a choice between this and Lumia 920 - both at same price or Lumia 925 at about ?250. I decided to use 1320, only because it's newer out of all three and affordable too!

You can put 8.1 preview on it now. Works perfectly and rock solid. If, for some reason, you need to go back to 8.0 you can do so quite easily.
Loving my 1320, just not sure if it's a tad to big to use as my daily device, and that's coming from a Note 3 user.

Don't say that about the size. I am a little skeptical about how well it works for day to day use. I have put my daily drive on eBay for sell and wanted to make 1320 my daily driver - easier to be on forums on bigger screen ;)

bufferz

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Must admit the size isnt as bad as i thought it would be - fits in my jeans pockets (front ones and rear!), i have even been running with it (tho im a bit scared it will fall out my pocket so bought an armstrap for it). Thanks for the price of the SD card - i have a 32gb in there, but for ?20 I may as well gt the 64gb, and im unlikely to need any more space again!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Must admit the size isnt as bad as i thought it would be - fits in my jeans pockets (front ones and rear!), i have even been running with it (tho im a bit scared it will fall out my pocket so bought an armstrap for it). Thanks for the price of the SD card - i have a 32gb in there, but for ?20 I may as well gt the 64gb, and im unlikely to need any more space again!

I will try to dig the link up - but WPCentral did an article on this price cut about a week back on the front page. That's where I got the link from. Think it was for Sony but that page took me to alternatives on Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre