Official 1320 Cyan Thread

Darenhoff

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 1320 cannot see the update!!!!!!!!!!! The nokia toolv1.4.3 wants to install the same version that the phone already has! .1407.0002-what a fun.
Did reset twice to try the luck-but al sh*t! No update to cyan. I am in India. The phone is set to Indian time and all.
nokia RT143x.png

Last edited:

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
It needs two steps.
First step is to download/flash the original firmware.
That takes you back to WP8.0 black
From there you perform the two updates

asna_n800

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Tired of waiting now. On DP, the battery is a mess. Thinking of downgrading to 8.0, but there is a question/statement: I've 7 gb of games and apps installed on SD Card and 8.0 don't support installation on SD Card. So, what should I be doing? Format the SD Card too? Because in the end, I've to just download and install everything again. Apps backup is something I don't understand. It would work only when I restore? Or if I'm downloading and installing after the reset, will it work too? Because my Microsoft account knows my downloaded apps. Or, as I've formatted, the data stored on cloud would also get erased?
Such a mess. :'(

Darenhoff

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Where did it go wrong?
Describe your steps if you can
I reset the phone to factory .
Unregister from developer.
Gave it for update from settings>phone update
but never see the cyan update!
Tried with nokia recovery tools v1.4.3 - it wants to download the same thing what the mobile already has!
nokia RT143x.png
YES, whoever has the upload..many many many thanks. It worked
0.Download the file and extract it which will create a folder of its own - RM-994.
1. On nokia recovery tools - go to settings and point 'downloads' to RM-994.
3. It will check the files and compare with the connected phone and down grade to wp8.0.
4. There after normal update and truly very lengthy updates. Almost all the apps get updated one after another.
But it works.
Now time to see if any improvement is done by so called 'Cyan'.
A big thanks again.
:grin:

Last edited:

Darenhoff

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
0.Download the file and extract it which will create a folder of its own - RM-994.
3. It will check the files and compare with the connected phone and down grade to wp8.0.
4. There after normal update and truly very lengthy updates. Almost all the apps get updated one after another.
But it works.
A big thanks again.

Darenhoff

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
But it works.
A big thanks again.

Now it is more than 36-hours I updated to cyan!
1. My lumia 1320 does not look to have got any improvements! Rather some areas pain has increased.
a. The WiFi has become a real head ache . Re-connection from a broken/new detected AP has become a sh*t. You need most of the time a restart.
b. The idea of "not getting heated" could not be agreed by me. It looks for me to be the other way.
c. Some unwanted/unliked apps by MS gets installed and even if I uninstall them, they are back again after any update check.
d. No USB settings - as described by thread owner is also a pain on ***.
e. Earlier on start screen i used to drag and group app icons - gone is the feature! Though they have an app called 'App Folder' - which is
a bull-shi* kinna app to use!
f. After the update it no more could detect my earlier downloaded maps! So I am downloading another 15GB of data!:devil:
The offline packages I downloaded for Bing translator is also to be re-downloaded means another 400-500MB download.
So what is the equation of loss and profit? Can someone calculate?:crying:

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Now it is more than 36-hours I updated to cyan!
1. My lumia 1320 does not look to have got any improvements! Rather some areas pain has increased.
a. The WiFi has become a real head ache . Re-connection from a broken/new detected AP has become a sh*t. You need most of the time a restart.
b. The idea of "not getting heated" could not be agreed by me. It looks for me to be the other way.
c. Some unwanted/unliked apps by MS gets installed and even if I uninstall them, they are back again after any update check.
d. No USB settings - as described by thread owner is also a pain on ***.
e. Earlier on start screen i used to drag and group app icons - gone is the feature! Though they have an app called 'App Folder' - which is
a bull-shi* kinna app to use!
f. After the update it no more could detect my earlier downloaded maps! So I am downloading another 15GB of data!:devil:
The offline packages I downloaded for Bing translator is also to be re-downloaded means another 400-500MB download.
So what is the equation of loss and profit? Can someone calculate?:crying:

You mixing things up here.
WP8.1 ( cyan ) is basicly the same thing as the Preview.
Visual there are no changes, the changes are under the hood like drivers and maybe some tweaks or bugfixes.

The folders you are talking about has nothing to do with wp8.1, they are added in the Gdr1 preview.

Maps can be reused, but only if you had them on SD then you need the Lumia storage cecker (beta ) in order to find them.
Natively they are installed in the phone memory.

Loss of profit?
WP8.1 is a update from 8.0 so yes thats a big change.
But when you where running 8.1 DP then there is not much to gain, except for the drivers ( firmware it self ).

When i read your story i got a funny feeling that you have some issues.
I would go for a clean update, no cluttering from leftovers.
So if i where you i go for a factory reset and start with a fresh device.

Alonso-Star

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Honestly and simply. Windows phone 8 is so much better so far only some look changes in 8.1
for me text box become smaller which is a huge problem for me and I can not edit my keyboard size Windows 8 it was really great and bigger regardless the new futures which mean not a big deal to me.
heating is a big problem if u play a game u will feel the phone is really heated
Wifi issue u need to restart all the time u lost connection
and such stuff. I think I will get back to windows 8, so far much better for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans