Paid App Suggestions?

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a Nokia Lumia 1320, and about 24 hours ago, I updated it to Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan. Loving the new experience. It seems like a whole new device.Windows Phone FTW :)

Anyways, coming to my question. I have about $10 of promotional credit in my Microsoft Wallet that can be redeemed towards in-store purchases like apps and games. But I can't find any apps worth buying. I had received about $25 of promotional credit when I purchased my phone.

Out of that, I've already used up $15 to purchase a few paid apps and games. Here's what I have bought:

1.) WeatherFlow
2.) OneMusic
3.) Moliplayer Pro
4.) N.O.V.A 3 (the game from Gameloft)
5.) MetroTube

Apart from the above, I can't really find anything worth buying. I still have about $10 promotional credit that will expire on August 11. I don't want to buy any more big-a** games as I don't really play them that much. Can you guys suggest any good paid apps/games that I can get from the store?

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Wpcentral $1
best app for news of Windows phone/microsoft

Pro Shot $2
best photo app, I think

Awesome Lock $1.5
Best lock screen app

Movie Maker
price unknown as i am on wp8.0
only for wp8.1

Moreover may be price varies as I am from India & it showing in ₹

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Bought these as well:

1.) ProShot
2.) Star Walk
3.) Nextgen Reader

Still left with about $3.8 .... need just one more :) .. any more suggestions people?

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
you haven't buy wpcentral & movie maker? Really

Actually, I forgot to mention this earlier. I got WPCentral's app for free when it became free for 24 hours (I guess it was last week or something). Regarding Movie Maker, I'm assuming you're talking about the official app released couple of days back. I'll surely check that out!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Do suggest if you have anything else in mind

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I forgot to mention this earlier. I got WPCentral's app for free when it became free for 24 hours (I guess it was last week or something). Regarding Movie Maker, I'm assuming you're talking about the official app released couple of days back. I'll surely check that out!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Do suggest if you have anything else in mind

No, I am saying about Movie Maker which help in editing video & there is official app from Microsoft too i.e. Movie Moments I think which is free but
Movie Maker is paid & far better than movie moments

Last edited:

Nihalnova

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have a Nokia Lumia 1320, and about 24 hours ago, I updated it to Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Cyan. Loving the new experience. It seems like a whole new device.Windows Phone FTW :)

Anyways, coming to my question. I have about $10 of promotional credit in my Microsoft Wallet that can be redeemed towards in-store purchases like apps and games. But I can't find any apps worth buying. I had received about $25 of promotional credit when I purchased my phone.

Out of that, I've already used up $15 to purchase a few paid apps and games. Here's what I have bought:

1.) WeatherFlow
2.) OneMusic
3.) Moliplayer Pro
4.) N.O.V.A 3 (the game from Gameloft)
5.) MetroTube

Apart from the above, I can't really find anything worth buying. I still have about $10 promotional credit that will expire on August 11. I don't want to buy any more big-a** games as I don't really play them that much. Can you guys suggest any good paid apps/games that I can get from the store?

You should definitely buy mytube the best YouTube client..

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Philippe,

Thanks for suggesting Poki. Unfortunately, I bought a couple of Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja with that leftover credit (even though I know I won't play them!). Just needed to spend that credit asap, lol :)

And as far as OneMusic goes, that was a no brainer. It's a gorgeous app. Well designed, minimal, and works the way it's supposed to. No matter what smartphone I'm using, I like the music player (app) UI to show as big of an album art as possible, and OneMusic has a beautiful big (maybe a bit too big, but that's probably because of the 6" screen size of my Lumia 1320) album art display.

However, I have a few suggestions/questions regarding OneMusic, as mentioned below:

1.) What kind of updates do you have planned for the future?

2.) The App UI looks amazing, but the elapsed time/remaining time font, as well as the font for the artist name looks a bit too thin. Ditto for the circle around the play/pause button. Can you try making them a little bit bolder, as they look almost illegible on my phone's display ?

Great work :) Keep it up man :)

Psst: I bought your Cal app as well. That thing looks stunning!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077