Still no Cyan for WP 8.1 Developer Preview GDR1?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Still can't find the cyan update even i updated to gdr1 for 1320

Update: Still waiting for microsoft to fix the issue.

Last edited:

mjlenox

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
At this point, I am not holding out any hope of Nokia/Microsoft ever "fixing" this. It's been two months and we hear nothing but crickets on this issue.

With regard to downgrading, the Nokia tool to do that does not work at all. My Lumia 1520 tells me Nokia's software for doing this is not compatible with my Windows OS and refuses to download it.

I just love how these companies unwittingly punish those of us who wish to be the most cutting-edge with their devices.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I am not holding out any hope of Nokia/Microsoft ever "fixing" this. It's been two months and we hear nothing but crickets on this issue.

With regard to downgrading, the Nokia tool to do that does not work at all. My Lumia 1520 tells me Nokia's software for doing this is not compatible with my Windows OS and refuses to download it.

I just love how these companies unwittingly punish those of us who wish to be the most cutting-edge with their devices.

Two months? Surely you mean... Three weeks at best since the issue was discovered.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You better invest some time in research next time before you install software that's clearly labeled BETA when trying to be "most cutting-edge".
I'm seriously sick of all this complaining that keeps going on and on. If you decide to install beta software, take some flipping responsibility and don't shift it away from you by trying to blame others, if something is not working as expected. Microsoft did exactly what needed to be done. They launched a public beta in order to hunt down bugs and performance issues. A very rare, but nevertheless critical bug was discovered right after they released the final build. So they did exactly what anyone with some common sense would expect them to do: they halted the rollout of the official version (including Cyan) for those still running the beta. Period.
So if you can't stand waiting any longer, roll back - and yes, the recovery tool DOES work - or show some patience and keep waiting, like most of us. Whatever you choose to do, stop complaining.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo