I know many 1320 users don't have the option for automatic time settings. I have it, but it is useless. I noticed my time was messed up while it was on, so I did a test. I changed the time 5 minutes back, and I turned on the automatic setting. I have data and location on. I checked an hour later, my time is still off the Microsoft server time with 5 minutes. Nothing happens. Anyone else has this problem? What could be the cause? I have an Italian 1320 and I live in the Netherlands, could this be the problem? The option works great on my American 520.
    08-26-2014 06:41 AM
    The automatic time setting relies on your carrier supporting the NITZ protocol and isn't really linked to any internet time server.

With Windows Phone 8.1 came support for NTP, but the configuration for this relies on the carrier or OEM, sometimes it only works in if don't have a SIM in your device (as tested by WPCentral). If you don't have the automatic time working for you, it's best to keep as manual, even though you have to reset it every time you perform a soft/hard reset or your phone battery expires.

And yes, it's annoying no to be able to choose when you want to use one method or the other (I assume that code is in firmware, so not user selectable).
    08-26-2014 07:23 AM
    Ah I get it now. I have a simcard in my phone from a virtual carrier, not a real carrier, so they probably don't support it. Thanks for the info! I wish there was an option to sync with Microsoft, like Windows 7 and 8, their clock is pretty accurate compared to the atomic clock.
    08-26-2014 08:14 AM