Old sd card wont work?

harleycaddy2008

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I just talked to my Cricket rep and he said I can get this phone for $229 after $50 rebate. But he also told me this phone has a glitch where my Songs, contacts, photos that I have stored on my SD card in the android player won't work? Is this true? Is this phone really worth it? Is there a work around to this? Thanks!!!!!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What the heck is he/she/it/are they talking about?

The only major glitch I am aware of is a duplication glitch that happens every so often in Windows Phone 8.0 (remedied by upgrading to 8.1) but otherwise, I don't know what you mean by Android player? I would have no issue with swapping SD cards from device to device.

The phone is worth it if you are in the market for an affordable and speedy phablet.

Last edited:

harleycaddy2008

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the SD card in a Samsung Galaxy S 5 player. I was all set to get this until he told me. I also asked him if I can bring my songs over from Itunes(app. 1600 songs) and he said you cant.I then went to the Windows website and it said you can bring your songs over from Itunes but doesnt say anything about the SD card glitch. Is he FOS?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the SD card in a Samsung Galaxy S 5 player. I was all set to get this until he told me. I also asked him if I can bring my songs over from Itunes(app. 1600 songs) and he said you cant.I then went to the Windows website and it said you can bring your songs over from Itunes but doesnt say anything about the SD card glitch. Is he FOS?

You can kindly inform that sales rep that he's an *****. On a side note, always do your own research, rather than relying on what a sales person will tell you. I don't know if cricket people get sales incentives for selling certain models more than others, but it sounds like either it's a complete moron, or he's trying to move you towards a device that will get HIM more $$ for selling it to you.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It should have zero problems with moving the card over.
iTunes is possible by importing using the Windows Phone desktop app.

They wont advertise anything bad like how Apple doesn't advertise their potential bending issues. Its a general rule.
The SD card glitch he outlined is without merit, there is the one I did mention however.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786