1320 glass ONLY replacement possible?

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I broke the glass screen of my 1320, and luckily, the screen is still working perfectly, and still looks good. Is it possible to replace ONLY the glass? I asked a repair shop, and they told me that it is not possible, I have to replace the LCD as well, which will cost me 180 euro. However, I can find tons of glass only repair kits on ebay... anyone know if it is possible?

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
If the glass is fused to the digitizer (which will likely be the case), it'll be very hard to do - only recommended to be done by an expert. Your best bet would be to find a 1320 with a faulty motherboard and salvage it's screen. Buying a screen is not worth it from a cost perspective. Here, in India at least, a new 1320 can be had for slightly more than 180 euro (new one is ₹15,000, approx 195 euro) :shocked:

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess it is fused then. I bought mine this summer for 280 euro, so a repair for 180 euro is not worth it. I will try to find a faulty 1320, or else I'll just keep using it for a few more months I guess :(

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess it is fused then. I bought mine this summer for 280 euro, so a repair for 180 euro is not worth it. I will try to find a faulty 1320, or else I'll just keep using it for a few more months I guess :(

Maybe you can find some shops there who are experts in glass only replacements. Be careful if you do decide to buy a glass only replacement - most of the glass on eBay are chinese knockoffs which do not have the clear-black polarization filter and they will look terrible and nothing like the original Nokia display. The original glass should have a dark tint (like sun film):

maxresdefault.jpg

I know that feel of breaking a phone screen :( My brother's 920 fell and it completely shattered the front glass. The display and touchscreen still worked perfect after it shattered. Nokia care quoted ₹12,000 for the repair (for that price you can find used 920s in mint condition). In the end he decided to use the phone with the shattered screen for some time before getting another phone.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I will ask around. Yeah it really sucks, I loved the phone. If I can't find a solution, I'll just wait for the 1030 or 1330.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett