Windows 10 for Lumia 1320

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, Microsoft has made it publicly that they plan to release Windows 10 to all current Windowsphone 8 and 8.1... But my recent read indicates that it's not entirely the case. Perhaps they will try to limit the release for marketing reasons in favor of the new phones set to be released..

http://wmpoweruser.com/chris-weber-...dows-10-but-doubts-about-other-lumias-remain/

What do you think of the chances our beloved 1320 will be one of the lucky ones... 😊

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
For both of you above windows 10 will be available for you. But if you are locked to a carrier who will refuse to pass the update than that is another question. But in that case you can use "insider/preview for developer" to get the non firmware related OS updates.
Microsoft can not state official that all devices will get the update because they do not control the carriers. Furthermore it also depends on you. If Microsoft states that all windows 8 devices get windows 10 than that would also mean that they can force you to get the update.
So do not worry.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
For both of you above windows 10 will be available for you. But if you are locked to a carrier who will refuse to pass the update than that is another question. But in that case you can use "insider/preview for developer" to get the non firmware related OS updates.
Microsoft can not state official that all devices will get the update because they do not control the carriers. Furthermore it also depends on you. If Microsoft states that all windows 8 devices get windows 10 than that would also mean that they can force you to get the update.
So do not worry.

Well its not that I'm not worried but MS has failed me from my 810 coz of tmobile. Now I dnt worry coz my 1320 isn't a carrier phone.. I just hope MS does something on the carriers hand...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Well its not that I'm not worried but MS has failed me from my 810 coz of tmobile. Now I dnt worry coz my 1320 isn't a carrier phone.. I just hope MS does something on the carriers hand...

So you got stuck on Amber with T-mobile.
The "problem" MS has is market share so they can not "forse" carriers to do something. Apple on the other hand has this "power" and also uses it to "dictate" carriers.

Mohammed Hikmet

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry mate, ALL windows phones 8.x *can* receive windows 10. Meaning that if your carrier doesn't pass the update, you can still use Preview for developers to get it. And regarding the "Marketing strategy" thingy, they can release newer phones with more features in their OS rather than losing a lot of their customers who can't afford to upgrade their phones, like me!

Jackie Earley

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Well the issue is we shouldn't have to rely on PFD to get updates. If Microsoft just went ahead and bypassed the carriers for all future updates and pushes them directly like Windows with Windows Update then it will tremendously help us out. The average user isn't going to know how to set up a developer account and most still wont bother.

It would be awesome if they included *Windows Update * for all phones running Win10 including 8.x phones.

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, after reading what Chris Weber said on the Lumia conversations blog, I was initially a little worried as well. But I'm pretty sure all Windows Phone 8.1 running devices will get Windows 10. Besides, if that doesn't happen, Microsoft will get a lot of bad rep, leading to avid users abandoning the platform.

That being said, Windows 10 looks dope. Now if only they could hurry up Denim. My Lumia 1320 (CV: India) is waiting 😊

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Well the issue is we shouldn't have to rely on PFD to get updates. If Microsoft just went ahead and bypassed the carriers for all future updates and pushes them directly like Windows with Windows Update then it will tremendously help us out. The average user isn't going to know how to set up a developer account and most still wont bother.

It would be awesome if they included *Windows Update * for all phones running Win10 including 8.x phones.

The only way MS can bypass the carriers is if nobody would have a carrier locked phone. But as long as people get a carrier locked phone and/or carriers don't have data plans for non carrier phones MS can not bypass them.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The only way MS can bypass the carriers is if nobody would have a carrier locked phone. But as long as people get a carrier locked phone and/or carriers don't have data plans for non carrier phones MS can not bypass them.

Then how does Apple do it? They release the OS update, across the board on all carriers.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Then how does Apple do it? They release the OS update, across the board on all carriers.

1 Because Apple has a higher market share.
2 The people who can effort an iphone probably also have the most expensive contracts so carriers want to keep them "happy".
(3 Apple is smarter, has less different phones)

So I presume that Apple uses above to get the updates out when they want it.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple agreed to handle all of the Customer service issues so the networks don't have to. Look at the problems with iOS 8.0.1, no one blamed Tmobile.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Goosinurwife

Banned
Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
i heard the only phones to get this windows 10 were the new phones with the new Snapdragon 810 processor none of the old windows phones will get it that includes the 1520 and the 1320 so u may be out of luck :( but it may not be true so u have to ask microsoft about it

been investigatin an it seems windows phone 10 will be 64bits an non of the current windows phone can handle it? maybe the 1520 can but maybe cuz its 64bits thats why only the suoped up pones will get it now sure check around ?

Last edited:

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
i heard the only phones to get this windows 10 were the new phones with the new Snapdragon 810 processor none of the old windows phones will get it that includes the 1520 and the 1320 so u may be out of luck :( but it may not be true so u have to ask microsoft about it

been investigatin an it seems windows phone 10 will be 64bits an non of the current windows phone can handle it? maybe the 1520 can but maybe cuz its 64bits thats why only the suoped up pones will get it now sure check around ?
So you mean MS is going to ditch each and every windows phone out there.. Nice job hearing

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

I don't tlijee to talk like this, but that is bullsh..t. Where you got that info I don't know, but that is worst source ever for WP. Microsoft already said that all WP8 Lumias will get W10. And they will, if not all, most of them will. Phones that MAY be danger may be 520,620,720, Htc 8s/x, Samsung Phones, but for sure not the better ones.
So stop panicking and spreading lies.
Btw. W10 was already spotted on 925, so 820 and higher for sure will gget ot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb