Windows 10 for Lumia 1320

sourabh sinha

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
last time i tried to use windows insider program and updated 1320 to windows 10 preview .
after the update , touch stopped to function . hadt to go to the lumia services and ask them to downgrade the os to windows phone 8.1 .

godofday brown

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Now windows 10 for phones is just a technical preview so it has a lot of problem. Microsoft clearly say that before update In 10 it can permanently damage your phone. They continueously upgrade it and try to make a final version of windows 10. Because of the technical version Microsoft cant force anyone to upgrade it to 10 but when final version of windows 10release it automatically forced to all device to upgrade into windows 10

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have tried the last 3 previews on my fab 1320. It takes some installing, you need ages. The gears spin for so long you get hypnotised! When successful, it does look good, with nice features added. That latest one (581??), also works well, BUT, on my 1320, the start screen locks / freezes, leaving the store, start screen locks. Lots of resuming, Cortana slow to read texts, she doesn't update, the circle doesn't grow / shrink. The size of the time on glance is so big Stevie Wonder could see it. Several restarts required when the start screen locks, although, you can use Bluetooth to text and call. Weird or what??

It is getting there, but we need the firmware specific RTM for us.

iJohnnyCash

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Some weeks ago, I begun to use Win10 at my L1320.

The only issue is that sometimes freeze. No buttons work, even the power button. The only way is soft reset, but then sometimes it seem that I don't have MicroSD card, so I restart again, maybe twice.

I had also tried 3 different builds.
So, is for sure a software issue?

Last edited:

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Some weeks ago, I begun to use Win10 at my L1320.

The only issue is that sometimes freeze. No buttons work, even the power button. The only way is soft reset, but then sometimes it seem that I don't have MicroSD card, so I restart again, maybe twice.

I had also tried 3 different builds.
So, is for sure a software issue?

yes

Renjith Bhaskaran

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Download the Windows Insider from Store and select the update ring of your choice. I chose Insider Release Preview for being in safer side than Fast or Slow ring. Approx every 3-4 weeks, I'm getting updates for new build. I started from 10586.164 and now 10586.318 which got released last week. The only issue i face is random screen freeze once or twice in a day which can be easily recovered via soft reset. (volume up + power button). Rest the features are really awesome.

~ Sent from Windows Central App on L1320 running Windows 10 Build 10586.318 Release Preview

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Just checking here. Don't anyone bite my head off or get too worked up about it! But, there is an app called Update Central in the Microsoft store, and it says that the Redstone (Windows 10 update 2) will be released for the 1320 on 6/2/2016. So my question is, is there any truth to this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Update, for anyone still curious about Windows 10 for the 1320. It's amazing, not only did it fix alot of the little bugs, but it drastically improved my battery life as well. I know that the 1320 isn't supported by the insider app and you can't enroll in any of the rings. But, if you use the preview for developers app first to get the denim update, you can then trick the insider app into letting you unroll in the technical preview ring. 3 updates and about 4 hours of install time later, I'm rocking Windows 10 on my 1320. :D

Side note. I have cricket wireless service, so the denim update was never made available to me. Also, it may look frozen while updating, but it's not, just give it time! ;)

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm on 10586.420 and I'm still experiencing random screen freezes while returning to Start. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

I don't know the specifics of what all you have going on with your phone when this happens. But I noticed on 8.1 this would happen to me from time to time when I switched from heavy apps or websites to the start screen, or when I had to many tabs running in the background at one time. Ever since then I've taken precautions against it. Try restricting all of your apps to not use battery power in the background, this will keep them from using too much of the cpu. Also, just be mindful of how many tabs you have going at one time. If you're running a really heavy app, try closing it with the app from now on, and if you're on a heavy website, exit the tab in the browser before you close the browser itself. If this doesn't relate to your problem or help, then I'm sorry. But I haven't actually run into this problem myself other than on 8.1. But hopefully this will help you out some.

Last edited:

DeviDarkL

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It is completely random. One time I was on the Outlook app and the other time I was on facebook (both installed on my phone memory and not on the SD card). Maybe I had numerous apps running in the background? I don't really know..

I will start restricting some apps and be aware of how many apps i'm running in the background in order to avoid to much load on the cpu and see if it helps. It never happened to me on 8.1 though :/

Last edited:

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It is completely random. One time I was on the Outlook app and the other time I was on facebook (both installed on my phone memory and not on the SD card). Maybe I had numerous apps running in the background? I don't really know..

I will start restricting some apps and be aware of how many apps i'm running in the background in order to avoid to much load on the cpu and see if it helps. It never happened to me on 8.1 though :/

No problem about the reply. The only reason I would think that's what it is, is because I've noticed with this build version the tabs won't close by simply exiting them sometimes, apps like Facebook and other social media apps did that to me on 8.1, along with a few other non social media ones. That's why I said to exit them from within the app, THEN close them. Guess I should have said close the tab, my bad. Anyway, the edge browser does the same thing as well. It opens each page in a new tab in the browser, so make sure you close the old one when you leave it. Otherwise you will have a ton of webpages open as well. Like I said before though, I haven't actually run into any real problems with this build myself, other than the tabs, and an embarrassing moment with my notifications not showing up.... Until I allowed messaging to run in the background. 😴
Anyway, I really do hope my advice helps you out. Otherwise, just keep at it, and hopefully you'll find a solution that works for you, and hopefully you won't have to roll back to 8.1.

Steve Theguy

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I wish that Microsoft had put a little more effort into making 10 available for phones like the 1320. It's not the phones fault that 10 didn't work right on some people's devices. It's painfully obvious that it's a software issue, otherwise it wouldn't be working so well for me. I think if they had just done a little investigating into these phones themselves instead of leaving it in the hands of the insiders, Microsoft would have been able to tweak these minor bugs out of the OS before their second update rollout, IF they even had one that is. Does anyone even know if they did or not? Cause I kept hearing that they would, and then I would hear that they wouldn't, so I don't know for sure. Anyway, sorry for ranting. But I just think that Microsoft could have done a better job, and it stinks that the 1320 will never see a Redstone update. 😒

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I am a Nokia user for now a good 10 years and the lack of support for the 1320 (my wife phone now) on windows 10 has been completely ridiculous.
I also own the 640XL and to be honest the last update was not brilliant with the phone and I have had continuous small issues since.
I am now seriously considering to move to Android.
Microsoft is become to rigid, they are not listening the real requirement from their customer or potential customer, some issues with the last update, no here + map anymore and every time I need a new application is nearly never available on windows mobile and always available on Android or Apple.
We will certainly replace the 1320 and the 640xl in few month time, I may be interested by the oneplus-3 for example.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786