How can I fix my corrupted sd card?

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
My sd card corrupted

My 64GB Strontium class 10 SD card got corrupted during resetting my Lumia 1320.
Now i cannot format it anywhere (other mobile and PC) also with any software, tried everything even CMD thingy. says cannot be formatted.
whenever i plug in the sd card in PC it says: scan and fix...after that says it's scanned and it's ready to go.
I can open the memory card and see some files like 3 files left there and it's only read only files, even there i tried everything to delete those files but failed.
My gut says it can be repairable by professionals, as it can be accessed by scan and fix by PC. But where can i go for SD card repair, i do not know.
If any of you out there came across same problem and found solution, please help.

Last edited:

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: My sd card corrupted

Then Just check on net and call their service centre, mine was also corrupted 2 years back and they replace it with new piece, they have life time warranty for their sd cards and in fact they didn't asked me for the bill or something else, they just told me to bring my corrupted sd card to service centre and they replaced it within couple of minutes......

You just try to contact them..

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

But I also find that the quality of strontium sd cards are not good even if they are of pro quality...

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

how do i contact them ? Do you have any customer support no of them or should i try their sloppy website for customer care no ? to which they wont reply or attend ?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Get it replaced under warranty (if it's still in warranty).
If you can't get it replaced, bin it. Even if you get it readable/writable again, it's not worth trusting with any valuable data again.​

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Bit of a downer, yep. But it happens. SD cards fail occasionally. I wouldn't let it put you off any one particular brand though. But others may disagree. And folk still wonder why there's a trend away from SD storage in handsets.
I hope a new card gets you going good and strong!​

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Just contacted customer support, to my surprise they answered today. Said they will give me new one. Off i go to service center. Thanks Yall.

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

Well i got into bus hurriedly and got to the service center of Strontium which was 10Kms far. Told him the problem he just went inside his restricted room and got me a brand new 64 GB Strontium SD card with Adapter.

Now help me get this thing right. How to move files and apps without losing from my current SD to this new 64GB ?
How to move it without any media files i.e; Pictures , Movies/Videos and MP3's without going into "Other" Folder ?

and last but not least, What should i do first ? i mean should i just insert it in phone and use it or format it in phone or format it on the PC and then use it on phone?

Help me. Im bit confused.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

I always format cards in the device they'll mainly be used in - it makes sure the device formats it in (hopefully) the best format for that device.

As for transferring files, hmmmm. If the old card is unreadable then you'll not (easily) be able to get the data transferred. You could try something like DiskDigger.

alanjg86

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site

I always format cards in the device they'll mainly be used in - it makes sure the device formats it in (hopefully) the best format for that device.

As for transferring files, hmmmm. If the old card is unreadable then you'll not (easily) be able to get the data transferred. You could try something like DiskDigger.

It is Very much good as new. it reads well writes a bit slow and btw its 32 GB Class 10 Fat32.

Degroof

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

My 32 GB microSD card crashed in my Galaxy S5, and not readable in either of my two computers (not even recognized). Had over 1,000 photos I really wanted and stupidly had not backed up. Tried 3 different software programs, totally useless. Found a link to a guy in Germany who reported a high degree of success in rescuing SD cards. So, I sent him the card and 2 days after receipt, he reported 100% recovery of 1204 files!! Checked his site to verify and indeed he has recovered them. Cost depends on the size of the SD card, but cost can be meaningless when you want the photos. Go to Recoverfab and check it out. Amazing!!! (Google Recover Fab - this site won't let me post a link).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb