8.1 Update 2 possible on 1320 through Insider app?

Mark Turner Images

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I tried W10 on my 1320 and while it wasn't quite there and I rolled back, it is looking good overall.
I noticed that it first patched to 8.1 Release 2 before then upgrading to 10.
My question is can we update the 1320 to 8.1 Rel2 and then stop there? I do like the tweaks in Rel2 and would like to install it.
Thank you!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Step-1: Go to Settings then Phone update and uncheck the Automatically download update if my data setting allow option

Step-2: Download and sign up for the Windows Insider Program on your phone to get the 8.1 Update 2

Step-3: Set it to Fast Track and check for updates in Settings

Step-4: You should see an update pop up or a notification in Action Center. Download the update

Step-5: Once the download starts, head over to the app list and uninstall Windows Insiders to prevent Windows Phone 10 update

Step-6: Do not click install, just hit Show details option and verify the update version. (So check if you get update 2 and not W10)

Step-7: If the build number matches, install the update.

Mark Turner Images

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Legend, thank you for that. I'll give it a crack.
Cheers!

*EDIT: Up to post Step 7 now. The phone has rebooted and is installing the correct update (win 8.1 8.10.15116.125)
Only difference between your steps and what I had was no option to click Install, it just started to install. I did have the opportunity to check the version number before download though, so that was ok. I had disabled the Auto download but there wasn't an option to not Auto install.
Phone has finished updating and all was successful.
Thanks!

Last edited:

maxiusz

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I do as you sey and update brings me 10.0.12562.84 :( Is this trick works in every CV of lumia 1320? How to delete/cancel this downloaded version?

Step-1: Go to Settings then Phone update and uncheck the Automatically download update if my data setting allow option

Step-2: Download and sign up for the Windows Insider Program on your phone to get the 8.1 Update 2

Step-3: Set it to Fast Track and check for updates in Settings

Step-4: You should see an update pop up or a notification in Action Center. Download the update

Step-5: Once the download starts, head over to the app list and uninstall Windows Insiders to prevent Windows Phone 10 update

Step-6: Do not click install, just hit Show details option and verify the update version. (So check if you get update 2 and not W10)

Step-7: If the build number matches, install the update.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I do as you sey and update brings me 10.0.12562.84 :( Is this trick works in every CV of lumia 1320? How to delete/cancel this downloaded version?

No it is not working in every version/device as you discovered the "hard way". It works only if there is a 2step update and the OP noticed this, for his device, when he tested the TP.

You can keep ignoring the reminder to "download an update" but this also means you can not download for example an other keyboard or language or .... because the W10 update is lurking in the background.
The best option is to do delete the windows insider app, backup your apps+settings and text, backup the other stuff like photos and music etc. and do hard reset (+restoring the back-up)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett