Why does my Nokia Lumia 1320 keep freezing?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 1320 keeps freezing

I have had this phone for just over a year now, and ever since I bought it, about 2-3 days after I had purchased it it hasn't been working.
There would be random coloured bands across the screen and have to reset my phone to make them go away, the contrast would randomly change on me and I would, again, have to reset my phone for it to go away.
The latest thing my phone has been doing is completely freezing on me and then when I lock it and unlock it, its just a static screen and I will have to restart it the hard way. Is anyone else with this phone having this problem? Because it is severely annoying and hard when I do my studies off my phone when on the go.
Anyone know how to stop this or to prevent this from happening again?

Thulani Sibuyi

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 1320 keeps freezing

I think this phone is having problems because I'm using it too all the problems mentioned above it ones happed me too, I upgraded to 8.1 bus. Is still the same I thought maybe I'm running out of storage on a main board, then I decided to erase everything completely. Thereforei bought 64GB SD card but still the same!!!

Now I'm thinking to move from windows to Android

Maybe they will improve on W10

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using my 1320 since I bought it January 2014 and it is still working great! I currently have the w10m 10581 and have only minor issues. Me and my phone will stay together for 3+ years more.

Terrigno

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

I had the 640XL. Even though it has a better camera , I'm all over the 1320. Bigger and better to to me. The latest Windows 10 build keeps freezing though.

Domestoboto92x

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I am panicking right now. I'm on Windows 10 Mobile 586.29 and the lines appeared again. It used to be able to sort itself out by restarting, now it won't sort itself out even after numerous restarts. I am panicking, I fear that this phone is straight up bricked. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A SOLUTION I CANNOT TAKE THIS. It's been a couple of hours this phone's been like this.

JohnnyB6

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
the latest build seems to fix the screen issues, still not sure about the freezes when installing the updates one over the other.... in order to get rid of them, I have re-installed windows 8.1 from scratch, fully update it, after that went to windows insider app and applied latest build - until now it's working pretty well :)

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I have had this phone for just over a year now, and ever since I bought it, about 2-3 days after I had purchased it it hasn't been working.
There would be random coloured bands across the screen and have to reset my phone to make them go away, the contrast would randomly change on me and I would, again, have to reset my phone for it to go away.
The latest thing my phone has been doing is completely freezing on me and then when I lock it and unlock it, its just a static screen and I will have to restart it the hard way. Is anyone else with this phone having this problem? Because it is severely annoying and hard when I do my studies off my phone when on the go.

This is exactly what my 1320 is doing!! I have also had it for just a couple days and I am having the EXACT same issues!

shahidkazi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

I have had this phone for a couple of years and its doing fine. Try restoring it using the Windows Recovery Tool. Its a brilliant phone (except for the night time camera quality). I've had this issue only on Windows Mobile 10, but that was a known issue. I restored back to 8.1 using recovery and its back to normal.

shahidkazi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Ok now I remember. This was an issue with an older firmware. To stop your phone from freezing with the colored lines disable Glance and double tap to wake. That should fix it for you. If you want those features to work (and gobble your battery) then try recovering your phone via the Windows Recovery Tool, which should get you the latest firmware available.

nuns

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

i probably found a working solution:
had the same problem with my lumia 1320 since updating to w10m. sometimes when pressing the homebutten from out of an app the homescreen would just "freeze". it then does not accept any touch gestures on the screen nor react to pressing volume/camera/display-off. even some rainbow coloured stripes on the display when turning it back on again (sometimes). the only solution was a soft reset by pressing the powerbutton for 10sec. this happend 3-10 times a week.

i tried multiple hints:
factory reset and reinstalling all the apps: no improvement
changing microSD from 64gb sandisc to a new 64gb samsung: no improvement

what worked for me:
removing homescreen background (settings - personalisation - start - no background). no "freezing" for 4 days now - yay!
the picture was saved on my sd-card. that might be a reason why this issue only appears on some Lumia 1320.
i also removed some unused apps but i'm pretty sure the problem was the background picture.

let me know with a comment or upvote if this worked for you!

greetings from berlin!

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

i probably found a working solution:
had the same problem with my lumia 1320 since updating to w10m. sometimes when pressing the homebutten from out of an app the homescreen would just "freeze". it then does not accept any touch gestures on the screen nor react to pressing volume/camera/display-off. even some rainbow coloured stripes on the display when turning it back on again (sometimes). the only solution was a soft reset by pressing the powerbutton for 10sec. this happend 3-10 times a week.

i tried multiple hints:
factory reset and reinstalling all the apps: no improvement
changing microSD from 64gb sandisc to a new 64gb samsung: no improvement

what worked for me:
removing homescreen background (settings - personalisation - start - no background). no "freezing" for 4 days now - yay!
the picture was saved on my sd-card. that might be a reason why this issue only appears on some Lumia 1320.
i also removed some unused apps but i'm pretty sure the problem was the background picture.

let me know with a comment or upvote if this worked for you!

greetings from berlin!

I have no picture on my homescreen but still have freezing issue :(

Wayne Rebeiro

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

Me too but my nokia lumia 1320 windows phone 8.1 update is glitching and when starting up looks like a scrambled channel mixed with a signed of channel and when i'm playing video games or just about doing anything the display freezes my solution was to put it to sleep then wake it up back or wait for the battery to die then wait a week or two then start it up.But fudge i have lots of patience. i have reset my phone several times and still no difference i think its getting worst even in the reset and start up it happens. i love my phone so much but how to end it once and for all. By the way what is a soft and hard reset.

Wayne Rebeiro

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site

I have had the same problem but in my case it is worsening from a scrambled channel look to my permanent start up screen and to top it off the display freezes at what ever you are doing but continuing process of current tasks while screen stays the same also it comes off once you put it to sleep and wake it up again the process continues to happen happen every second and also hard and soft resetting makes it even worst it is now permanently like this. My windows phone is a nokia lumia 1320 Cyan build.It does not matter what you do it will not fix. People do not let this happen to you save your phones while you can. oh and if your phone is freaking out with scrambled channel look you have two options soft resetting and the other is wait 30 mins after battery dies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb