Lumia 1320 not charging with OEM charger

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm still fairly new with WP and I've run into an issue I've never encountered before. My mom's Lumia 1320 isn't charging properly. She uses her OEM charger and also the charger that came with my dad's Lumia 535 and it discharges while connected. It will only charge with an old Samsung charger I have from my Note 2. I'm guessing the Nokia chargers are not providing sufficient power to charge the battery and the Samsung does, could this be due to an app, the OS or is it the battery? I haven't been able to check out her apps yet, but I will tonight. Any tips on what to look for? From what I can remember, the version is still 8.1 but no folders on homescreen, so not sure what the exact version is.

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What I'd check out is to try out those chargers in different devices.

The power block might be defective, or otherwise not up to the task.
The USB cable itself is a liability, and should be checked out. (unless its one of those budget chargers where its permanently attached.)

JRF_1986

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks xandros. I just tried what you suggested and the chargers work fine on my 830 and my dad's 535. I'm currently charging the 1320 on a table and it's charging fine. I'm thinking it could be something with the socket where she charges her phone, or maybe she's leaving it at an angle that messes with the cable and forces it to stop charging? I don't know, but so far its ok. Hope it's not something we'd have to send for repairs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs