I currently have a BLU Win HD and have been thinking about upgrading. I have the chance to pick up a refurbished Lumia 1320 for less than $100 but I'm worried that I may be downgrading instead of upgrading. Any thoughts?
    10-03-2015 10:37 AM
    Definitely you would be upgrading. It's a strong and versatile phone. If you like a big and practical phone with the essential productiveness of it. This is your choice. However, I would advice you to pick up the 640xl if it is in the same price range, just because it is a recent release of a Microsoft phablet.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    10-03-2015 11:47 AM
    The 640xl is $300 and the 1320 will only cost me $65
    10-03-2015 01:19 PM
    I'm also looking for the same Lumia 1320 in India. It's good...
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    10-07-2015 02:36 AM
    I've just been offered a NOS 1320 for 90.00 with 1 yr warranty. Unfortunately my old eyes aren't what they used to be and a bigger screen is called for, especially as my daughter has 'borrowed' my 640xl. I don't game on a phone, just browse, mail, mms and phone etc. Is the 1320 a good device for this?? I know it's getting w10m, so not worried about support issues, as for 90.00 I can throw it in a year or so. I'm not a fashionista needing the latest device like crapple and droid fans. Is this a good device for an old git? I'm only 46 so carrying such a weight isn't a problem, and I've got hands like shovels, lol, although lithium gives me the shakes, hence why it takes an age to post using WC app!!

Any thoughts or comments? Sorry if posted in wrong place...
    10-09-2015 06:49 PM
    I've just been offered a NOS 1320 for 90.00 with 1 yr warranty. Unfortunately my old eyes aren't what they used to be and a bigger screen is called for, especially as my daughter has 'borrowed' my 640xl. I don't game on a phone, just browse, mail, mms and phone etc. Is the 1320 a good device for this?? I know it's getting w10m, so not worried about support issues, as for 90.00 I can throw it in a year or so. I'm not a fashionista needing the latest device like crapple and droid fans. Is this a good device for an old git? I'm only 46 so carrying such a weight isn't a problem, and I've got hands like shovels, lol, although lithium gives me the shakes, hence why it takes an age to post using WC app!!

Why not, seems like a good price for me. You'll enjoy big screen, great battery life and so on. 640 xl would be better but price is much higher.
    Enjoy it!
    10-09-2015 06:58 PM

I am a proud owner of a 1320.
    Have it for almost two years and had never any problems.
    Stil running strong.
    Screen is good enough for me ( coming of age, so have to use reading glasses)
    For the basic stuf its a great phone and see no reason to trade it in for a 640xl or even a 950 xl...for now it is ;)
    Maybe next year.

So i say, go for it.
    10-09-2015 07:05 PM
    Cheers guys. Mind made up! As I said earlier, I'm not a gamer, so don't need 8 core processors, especially when all 8 are rarely used in day to day use. My note 3 very rarely used more than two!! Just ordered, can't wait to get it now. Come on Amazon Prime, I want it yesterday!!!;-)
    10-10-2015 07:25 AM
    Cheers guys. Mind made up! As I said earlier, I'm not a gamer, so don't need 8 core processors, especially when all 8 are rarely used in day to day use. My note 3 very rarely used more than two!! Just ordered, can't wait to get it now. Come on Amazon Prime, I want it yesterday!!!;-)
    Congrats! Tell us how you like it when it arrive :)
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    10-10-2015 06:33 PM
    Well, it arrived and I have to say that over the past few days, I don't miss the 640. Ok, sometimes it isn't as snappy, especially when you have lots going on, but again, it is hardly noticeable.

Love the HUGE glance screen! Love the extra space on start page, love the feel of it as well. I also LOVE the size of it. I can read the screen and actually type quicker without hitting every other key! Also, big screen on maps is worth what I paid for it! Fitbit paired straight away, got the updates etc, and away we went. Had a few fares ask me what it is. Told them, and told them how cheap they are on Amazon!!

Thanks guys. One thing though, why weren't these 1320's taken up better???
    Captains and Mach_E like this.
    10-14-2015 02:55 PM
    Well, been together for a few days now and I love it! Battery is great and getting things like glass screen protectors / cases is very easy on ebay.

Now my wife is looking at me with those eyes. You know the ones.... The light green tinge around the edges! Lol!! She's a 640 user, and although she loves it, I can see this one going missing!
    Mach_E and Captains like this.
    10-15-2015 01:24 PM
    Well, we both had a 521 and now I've got a 1320 and my wife has the 640. Haven't heard a complaint about her phone yet. She doesn't like the size of the 1320 though. No green eyes here ;)
    Mach_E likes this.
    10-15-2015 03:02 PM
    I have this phone from the early beginning and it stil rocks. Its my loyal companion, not only for social media but for navigation as well and in some conditions it can shoot nice pics.
    I use no screen protection, but use a leather book/wallet case instead.
    It gives it a nice classic look.
    I stil believe that the 1320 is a under rated device and is more than enough for basic usage.
    I love the size in combination with the navigation. Gives a great view of the maps during driving.
    Mad Cabbie likes this.
    10-15-2015 06:57 PM
    Yes I agree, the navigation on a larger screen is way better!
    10-16-2015 12:24 PM
    After 21 or 22 months ,I am retiring mine.. The battery is dying ,I guess WM 10 TP screwed up the battery or maybe it's just the age thing ..The genuine new battery will cost me around 35$ here ,but yesterday I got an exchange offer from online shopping site Flipkart ,they are giving me 62 $ off on purchase of a new phone in exchange of this ...so I grabbed it ,cause I think 97 $ is an okay price for this two year old phone..All in all it was good two years with the phone ,its an okay phone though I think I paid way too much for it two years back..right now 1320 and 640xl are priced same here ,so if I were you, I would have gone with 640xl for camera and new processor.. I have gone for a cheap Android phone though, and I am eagerly waiting for it to come..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-18-2015 12:28 PM
    Camera and number of processors don't bother me. I use a phone as a, well, phone. I'm not one who runs around waving a device at people saying it's a mega core, mega ram device. Perhaps I am the odd one out here?? I've got a 640xl as well, given to daughter, and the wife has one too. Nice devices. When ever I have the choice of device for work, the 1320 is the one I pick up. Dunno why, never thought about it. Also have a 930. Gave that to my son. Didn't like it.

I think I would have had the battery changed, and stick with a phone I know.
    10-20-2015 09:53 AM
    Where are you that they are priced the same? They are way different in price (Around $150-$200 for the 1320 and $300 or more on a 640xl) in the US
    10-21-2015 08:43 AM
    India
    10-21-2015 06:50 PM
    Aww..1320 is pricier today..

Attached Thumbnails 8097.jpg   8096.jpg  
    10-21-2015 06:54 PM
    Both of them are going for around 215 $ here.

10-21-2015 06:58 PM
    Camera and number of processors don't bother me. I use a phone as a, well, phone. I'm not one who runs around waving a device at people saying it's a mega core, mega ram device. Perhaps I am the odd one out here?? I've got a 640xl as well, given to daughter, and the wife has one too. Nice devices. When ever I have the choice of device for work, the 1320 is the one I pick up. Dunno why, never thought about it. Also have a 930. Gave that to my son. Didn't like it.

I think I would have had the battery changed, and stick with a phone I know.
    Well a few days and 22 months make a whole lot of difference,I have started to hate it ,I want it gone ..lol..it lasted more than most of marriages this days ffs ..BTW I am not a spec junkie ,I am just tired of Windows and this phone,I need a break ..I have a 1020 which I am not tired of and I won't sell it ,will keep it on WP 8.1 as long as I can..

10-21-2015 07:06 PM
    I'm running latest TP on mine, and boy has it made a difference! Very refreshing.

Maybe in a couple of years, I will want something else, but it would have to be the same size, and I can't see that happening. Fat fingers and dodgy eyes! Lol
    10-22-2015 04:43 PM