Lumia 1320 DEAD While downgrading from Win10. I cannot bare the cost &loss. What can I do?

satish challapalli

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1320 DEAD| While downgrading from Win10. I cannot bare the cost &loss

Dear ALL,

Like others i am also become the increased popular group member of Lumia Dead Phones while downgrading .

This weekend i want to relax after performing downgrade from windows 10.

On Friday i kept full charging and in the early morning Saturday i planned to downgrade.
Then it was saying your mobile will reboot , then it appears to be red color.

After sometime my phone become completely dead , and i lost all the hopes and felt very bad of loosing my loved windows phone.

Went to Nokia Center which is called to be authorized, in reply i got that my motherboard is not working and i will be charged rs 4000 + and on top of that these people are not sure of working condition.

Last edited:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
How the hell can they diagnose that without taking it apart? Get hold of Nokia Software Updater for retail 4.3.2. Before spending anything, this is well worth a try. My 1320 wasn't even recognised in WDRT!! Nokia software found it straight away. It can even recover dead phones.

Try it before you throw the phone out. Just beware where you download it from.

satish challapalli

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1320 DEAD| While downgrading from Win10. I cannot bare the cost &loss

Hi Cabbie ,

I installed the tool with same version now, but when i plugin the phone to USB still it is undiscovered. Not responding even after pressing volume down power button (No vibration).

Can you suggest alternative.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like it is pretty much dead to be honest, this might be a long shot does the phone vibrate when you plug it into your PC?

If it does you might be able to get it into the bootloader, the moment it vibrates hold the volume down and power button then up button keep holding it until you get a red screen / burgundy - that is the bootloader. Plug it into your PC and run the recovery tool again, also try the nokia supplied cable as that is factory cable.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I see, that's a new one for me. Are you using the Nokia supplied cable?

satish challapalli

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

yes using nokia cable .

Now i tried to use NCS Package Support Tool for Store, and even here in this process it is required to be vibrated by long press vol down and powerbutot , but here it is not vibrating to proceed further

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
On NSU there IS an option that says my phone does not respond or is dead. Have you tried that one?? Does screen turn on but stay dark?? Have you tried charging first. Just plug it in and leave it for a while. I rescued a 930 doing this. NSU is pretty reliable. I have dead flashed a 535 and 635 with it without a hitch. Do you have Nokia blue driver installed? Check that. I guess you have WDRT, so should be installed.

Charge it, NSU my phone is dead, and go from there. Other than that I'm stumped. Don't touch any buttons when you click phone is dead. Fingers crossed.

Hope you get there.

satish challapalli

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1320 DEAD While downgrading from Win10. I cannot bare the cost &loss. What can I do?

Dear All,

Today it is Diwali Festival in India (The festival of lighting ).

The lightning which i was expecting from my Dead Lumia 1320 has be recover today finally.

Unlike others i also faced the Dead Phone which was not responding to any Hard/Soft Reset and what not While downgrading from Wind10.

Finally i landed to a post where the deailed steps helped me to recover my dead phone to a working phone.

Here is the link which i used and already someone pasted in this forum.

myownsteps com/2015/05/fix-your-hardbricked-lumia-phones-only

Initially when i saw this link felt like its too much to do and the steps are too mess more technical(But not completely trust me). When there is no option left for me to recover my dead phone . With a great patience i followed the steps from above link.It worked and my phone is back on track.

Thanks All.
BR
Satish

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Well done! Did I help or not? Just be nice to know if I was on the right path!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb