So who want's Nokia's Phablet?

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I want the 1520 real bad too. I've been wanting to get myself a phablet for so long but never wanted to have to resort to using Android just to get my hands on one. Larger screens are awesome IMHO. I never could imagine getting the most out of my smartphone on a screen as small as iPhone's for instance. Ridiculous.

LeiChat

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably going to go for the 1520.
I didn't go for the 920 due to the weight and thickness.
I didn't go for the 925 as although it ticked the weight and slim box it just didn't look as nice.
Although the 1520 is relatively heavy, it's still skinny enough to offset the weight.

yly3

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I want one. And badly.
Badly enough to buy one for 700-800$.
Yellow with black Smart Case. Love those cases. I was sold the first moment I saw them.

32gb that is.. I wouldn't mind stripping the wireless charging of it and make it even lighter.
That charging still looks gimmicky to me.
Especially if you are mobile or travel.
I don't have time to worry charging both my wireless charging brick and my phone.
It's nice and fancy if you charge your phone back home or such but otherwise... i don't know.

I have been on an iPhone 4 for so long. And iOS7 doesn't make it faster.
So hopefully by the end of the year, I will be able to get this thing unbranded and 32gb.
If not, Galaxy Note 3 it is.
And I HATE Android.
But those can already be found for 600$ online.
By the end of the year with some luck you would be able to get one for 500$. Not bad at all.

So it's all up to Nokia. The ball is on their side.

Sure thing is, I am not entering 2014 with an old phone.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Me definitely getting one once launched in india...will replace my note 2 with lumia 1520...will get the cyan color as I have yellow 1020 :) I met a guy from Microsoft he said 1520 will be in india by nov end... :D

yly3

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
^^ Go with the matte 1520s. The Galaxy Note 3 hardware design looks very tacky IMHO. Especially if you're going to be coming from an iPhone.

I am actually playing with a Note 3 almost daily since I always pass phone stores.
I held the Note 3 just get a glimpse of what a 1520 would feel in my hand.
I actually like the width of the Note3. I like the grip I have over it. I feel it very confident in my hand. And the display is really cool.
It has an anti-glare to it.
And to think that Lumia's is even better I almost dream about it.

Anyway, the Note's build quality is indeed a joke. It feels like a chinese 100$ phone.
But I will put a case on it anyway (if I end up buyin it).

I am a 6'3" guy so I have fairly large hands but boy, that Galaxy Mega 6.3" is really pushing it.

To be honest I STILL consider 1520 in "normal" phone sizes and wouldn't mind using it, but those Galaxy Mega and Sony Ultra Z..

Holy cow ! The Sony is a table in every sense, not a phablet.

jussfo

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I like nokia tablet but i want operating system that run on both smartphones and tablets. Like ios+ iPhones and ipad.. Android run on smartphones and tablets.
Love my windows phone because it's Microsoft that has standard programming ever.
Windows the first operating system in the world and
It is the most widely used by most business,schools,governments. academic.

jbyron

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Already planning ahead for my 1520 purchase. I have a Focus S going on its 2-year anniversary Monday (best phone I have ever had, sad to be upgrading). I already ordered some cases from ebay/china and received them today. Here's one of them next to my Lumia 520 for size reference. Based on the thinness of the case, the 1520 will be nice and flat, even thinner then the 520.

kpf8.jpg

gdpu.jpg

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll be switching from the 920 to the 1520. I've always wanted a fairly large screen. Signed up with Carphone Warehouse who'll notify me when they have it. Can't wait.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering it (changing to white instead of red like I initially decided). The 929 size would be ideal, but I'm hoping the thinness of the phone offsets the 6" screen. I hardly own high end brand new devices (the 900, the iPhone 5, and the old Motorola Razr), and I'm ready to stop looking at mid-tier or used phones. I think I'm going to get this bad boy sometime early next year

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I want this!!!
1080p, Quad-Core, 2Gb, MicroSD Card support, 20mp cam, sleek and slim, WP8 and it's a Nokia!!!! What more could I ask for?

Just tried a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at the Samsung store just now and quite frankly the stylus support really elevates the Note 3 as a productivity tool.
I'm just not a big fan of Android.

I guess I may have to wait until MS/Nokia makes a phablet that can actually compete with the Note 3 in terms of productivity.

I will set my sights on a Lumia 1020 or a Lumia 929 for now.

superlawyer15

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Ive had the note 2 for a year...
...never touched the stylus

Samsung might make it look useful in their ads
But I found it useless in real life

Its so thin and feels awkward in your hand

Cactoes Gel

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So my local stores have had the 1520 since Friday. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one to replace my Note and held off because of the darn Note 3 and the stylus. On my Note, I lost the stylus in the first two weeks. Like superlawyer15, I never found any use for it so I never bought a new one. But I'm still torn ugh! I might just get the 1520 tomorrow.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am thinking about getting the 1520 but waiting until ATT gets the 32 GB version probably early next year. I am a lawyer and the Note 3 is also intriguing and have severall attorney friends who have the note2 and really like it. But I'm not high on Android although I have never had an Android device, I need to go to the ATT store and try them both out

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm also tempted by the Note 3, but I was playing with one in an AT&T the other day, and the S-Pen is cool for a while, but it doesn't really seem like something that I would continue using in any meaningful way. The only thing I really want the stylus for is taking notes and goofing around in fresh paint, and, if i'm not mistaken, that would be possible on the 1520? The only downside is the stylus wouldn't be built in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb