11-23-2013 04:04 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    I want this!!!
    1080p, Quad-Core, 2Gb, MicroSD Card support, 20mp cam, sleek and slim, WP8 and it's a Nokia!!!! What more could I ask for?

Just tried a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at the Samsung store just now and quite frankly the stylus support really elevates the Note 3 as a productivity tool.
    I'm just not a big fan of Android.

I guess I may have to wait until MS/Nokia makes a phablet that can actually compete with the Note 3 in terms of productivity.

I will set my sights on a Lumia 1020 or a Lumia 929 for now.
    11-10-2013 02:59 AM
    Ive had the note 2 for a year...
    ...never touched the stylus

Samsung might make it look useful in their ads
    But I found it useless in real life

Its so thin and feels awkward in your hand
    11-10-2013 11:11 PM
    So my local stores have had the 1520 since Friday. I was so close to pulling the trigger on one to replace my Note and held off because of the darn Note 3 and the stylus. On my Note, I lost the stylus in the first two weeks. Like superlawyer15, I never found any use for it so I never bought a new one. But I'm still torn ugh! I might just get the 1520 tomorrow.
    11-11-2013 11:54 PM
    I am thinking about getting the 1520 but waiting until ATT gets the 32 GB version probably early next year. I am a lawyer and the Note 3 is also intriguing and have severall attorney friends who have the note2 and really like it. But I'm not high on Android although I have never had an Android device, I need to go to the ATT store and try them both out
    11-12-2013 08:15 AM
    I'm also tempted by the Note 3, but I was playing with one in an AT&T the other day, and the S-Pen is cool for a while, but it doesn't really seem like something that I would continue using in any meaningful way. The only thing I really want the stylus for is taking notes and goofing around in fresh paint, and, if i'm not mistaken, that would be possible on the 1520? The only downside is the stylus wouldn't be built in.
    11-14-2013 02:29 PM
    I use the stylus on my tablet all the time, but I'm not sure if I would use it on the phone as well. I do like handwriting notes, especially for highlighting/marking up documents in OneNote. But I don't know how well that would translate to the phone.
    11-14-2013 02:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one. After trying it out in store I'm pretty much sold on it. Really smooth, gorgeous screen display and excellent build quality. The only thing I did not try was make a call on it. I don't make many calls any way and the ones I do make are usually short and to the point so not to worried about any calling issues relating to the size of the thing.
    11-14-2013 07:50 PM
    I am on Verizon but always stop in to see new devices. This phone is beautiful! So jealous and was ready to jump to AT&T!!!! Guess I will have to settle for a 5
    inch screen😢😢😢

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    11-15-2013 01:00 PM
    I went to the store today and played with it. Holy **** that display is amazing. I preordered it on the spot.
    EnemiesInTheEnd likes this.
    11-15-2013 06:43 PM
    I pre ordered a yellow 1520 in store today. If anything I think it'd make a great 6" tablet. Perhaps the biggest screen that's comfortably pocket-able for on-the-go when you don't have/want a bag.
    11-18-2013 06:12 PM
    Got mine 2 days ago. If it was my own money,I'd probably still get it.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2013 01:19 PM
    Not me. Windows Phone is not optimized for phablets - start screen and 2 more lines of text in Office are not enough. If other phablets actually feel like tablets, the 1520 is just a large Windows Phone with a nice start screen.

Here's the ultimate proof:

One screenshot is of the Lumia 1520. The other is of HTC 8X. But which one is which?

And with the grand exception of the settings app and the documents list in the Office app, all the apps look like that. And then there's the fact that the OS is still missing basic stuff like a back button in the browser, bulleted lists and text alignment options in Word, the ability to create OneNote notebooks, the ability to edit PowerPoint documents - features that every other mobile operating system offers - even if you have to download a free app to do it.

It's a shame - 1520 is a beautiful phone, and I would've already had one if it ran Windows RT, or even Android. At least then it could actually make use of its big screen.
    11-22-2013 04:41 PM
    Here's the ultimate proof:
    http://i.imgur.com/euSNyPDl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Yf3T02Cl.jpg
    One screenshot is of the Lumia 1520. The other is of HTC 8X. But which one is which?

What's your point? That isn't even same web page. Point having large screen when web browsing is that you don't have to zoom, in able to read all small text. 8X and 1520 have same 16:9 aspect ratio and web pages look same on both devices, but on 1520 you can actually read all small text wo zooming.

Web pages aren't designed to show more content when using larger displays or resolution. They just scale to full screen no matter what your screen size is or aspect ratio.
    11-23-2013 02:55 AM
    What's your point? That isn't even same web page. Point having large screen when web browsing is that you don't have to zoom, in able to read all small text. 8X and 1520 have same 16:9 aspect ratio and web pages look same on both devices, but on 1520 you can actually read all small text wo zooming.

Web pages aren't designed to show more content when using larger displays or resolution. They just scale to full screen no matter what your screen size is or aspect ratio.
    The point is that IE's user interface looks exactly the same on the 1520 and the 8X. The OS doesn't take advantage of the large screen. The UI looks exactly the same on both phones.

While other phones like Galaxy Note or Xperia Z Ultra have stuff like optimized apps, floating apps, or proper landscape support - features rather useful on a tablet or a phablet - the Lumia gets none of that. All we get is 2 extra columns of tiles and 3 more lines of text in Office and Settings.
    11-23-2013 04:04 AM
89 ... 234