Who's NOT happy with the screen size?

DDReaper

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think i would prefere if the 1520 was only 5.3 or 5.5" like the galaxy notes, i think 6" in 16:9 is big, i will try it to see if it's too big for me.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess we will see. Maybe in two years, this market will do well.

I wouldn't call 25 million phablets a quarter and 46% of smartphone growth coming from phablets a niche. Doubled sales compared to last quarter. Phablets are mainstream and have been since last year.

Most of the forumers here are from NA and Europe and we tend to forget that China is world largest smartphone market alone, let alone whole Asia that is examples Nokia's main market. Market where phablets dominate and the market that WP needs more than any else.

Phablets are big in Asia-Pacific, equalling tablets and laptops combined | Technology | theguardian.com
IDC: in Asia, phablets now outselling both PCs and tablets
Phablets grab 30% of the smartphone market share, sales up 17-fold in FY14 Q2 - Economic Times

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Too big for me. I used a note 2 and couldn't navigate it with one hand. That's a no no.

Also . It won't fit in my skinny jeans :p

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'm excited about this size. I had a 920 on launch day but after a few issues (including a number of friends getting red 920s and making me lose my uniqueness :( ) I went to the Galaxy Note II for that huge screen size.

I'm not overly attached to Android though and am positively ecstatic about a 1080p screen on a Nokia phone. The screen is only a half of an inch larger than my current one so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I've only ever had one pair of shorts that had an issue with the Note II - it fits in the normal pockets but when I sit down the top part of it hangs perilously close to being able to fall out. Not an issue for me though since I usually prefer to remove my phone when sitting down anyway.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Its not the screen size, its the overall size that matters. As rumored, that despite having 6 inch screen the overall size is smaller than Note 2, then I don't see any reason, why someone would not like it

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't call 25 million phablets a quarter and 46% of smartphone growth coming from phablets a niche. Doubled sales compared to last quarter. Phablets are mainstream and have been since last year.

Most of the forumers here are from NA and Europe and we tend to forget that China is world largest smartphone market alone, let alone whole Asia that is examples Nokia's main market. Market where phablets dominate and the market that WP needs more than any else.

Phablets are big in Asia-Pacific, equalling tablets and laptops combined | Technology | theguardian.com
IDC: in Asia, phablets now outselling both PCs and tablets
Phablets grab 30% of the smartphone market share, sales up 17-fold in FY14 Q2 - Economic Times

Phablets as in the Note series, not 6+ inches like the Galaxy Mega.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 screen size will be perfect for me. I mainly use my 920 to play games, watch movies, and browse this app. So having a large screen would be awesome for me. My 920 seems so small and puny when playing Halo SA or watching The Avengers on it. Can't wait to sell it and get the 1520 as a pocket media device. Will go nice with my iPhone 5s I'm picking up.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The 1520 screen size will be perfect for me. I mainly use my 920 to play games, watch movies, and browse this app. So having a large screen would be awesome for me. My 920 seems so small and puny when playing Halo SA or watching The Avengers on it. Can't wait to sell it and get the 1520 as a pocket media device. Will go nice with my iPhone 5s I'm picking up.

iPhone 5S? smdh...

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Lighten up Francis. If you don't care for the thread you can always move along to another.

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not happy, the screen size isn't big enough.

Kidding of course.

I won't be buying this device only because At&T moved my upgrade date, and with that I am going to switch pretty soon.

Just sucks T-Mobile doesn't have a Flagship Windows Phone (925 not flagship)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786