09-10-2013 04:06 PM
54 123
tools
    You sound insecure.

If you really were okay with other people liking it, then you wouldn't make insulting comments about people that would use it. No need to label people as clowns.

Looking at what people wrote, you seriously over reacted. People said the phone wasn't for you and you responded like they insulted you. Strange behavior.

I think it will fit in loose pockets. A "man purse" or other accessory may be necessary if the pants being don't fit it. But people who choose to do that probably are secure enough about themselves to not worry about it.
    Actually, the person sounded sarcastic in the original comment, not insecure. People around here should never visit New York City or Philadelphia ((or most of the northeast and Mid-Atlantic region if they can't handle a little sarcasm. Those coming off as insecure are the ones who seem upset with someone joking that it looks like a clown phone. Personally I agree that all of these oversized phones look ridiculous. I am not going to pick on those who want one (to reach their own) but if you can't handle a bit of sarcasm and the occasional joke directed at your choice of a very visible and oversized fashion accessory, you really might want to buy something less conspicuous. People make jokes about Galaxy Note owners, and it was even one of the memorable lines/images in a rather popular Windows Phone commercial a few months back. Why would you expect that an oversized Windows Phone would be immune from such comments? If any people need to deal with insecurity, it is those who can't take a bit of harmless sarcasm.
    09-09-2013 04:19 AM
    While sexy is in the eyes of the beholder, I find it disturbing when people, who are almost always male, anthropomorphize and fetishize inanimate objects. As an anthropologist though, I do find it interesting that, in the Western world, the objects of desire identified as sexy are perceived as being large or powerful.
    Dude, there are TONS of things perceived as sexy in the Estern world that I find very very very disturbing (if not sick)
    And even more interesting to study for anthropological reasons than the "bigger is better" factor ...

Btw I think what you misunderstood the reason the world "sexy" was used. I think these photos were perceived as sexy not because the size of the device, but because it's thin, for its specs and for its shape. In this case, I think "sexy" was used with the meaning of "cool" or "good". So the anthropologically speaking I think it's not related to the "bigger is better" factor. A 4.5" device would be perceived as sexy in the Western too, with the same shape and specs.
    09-09-2013 04:29 AM
    Actually, the person sounded sarcastic in the original comment, not insecure. People around here should never visit New York City or Philadelphia ((or most of the northeast and Mid-Atlantic region if they can't handle a little sarcasm. Those coming off as insecure are the ones who seem upset with someone joking that it looks like a clown phone. Personally I agree that all of these oversized phones look ridiculous. I am not going to pick on those who want one (to reach their own) but if you can't handle a bit of sarcasm and the occasional joke directed at your choice of a very visible and oversized fashion accessory, you really might want to buy something less conspicuous. People make jokes about Galaxy Note owners, and it was even one of the memorable lines/images in a rather popular Windows Phone commercial a few months back. Why would you expect that an oversized Windows Phone would be immune from such comments? If any people need to deal with insecurity, it is those who can't take a bit of harmless sarcasm.
    I totally do not agree with you, this is the perfect way for troll shielding :)
    09-09-2013 04:34 AM
    Chillax dudes.

Big people big hands big pockets big phone big differences for everyone.

And for the record he likened the phone to something a clown might have ie; outlandishly big to suit his nose, hair, shoes and pockets - not that clowns would buy it.
    It's well known that clowns only buy phones that have Rednose instead of Bluetooth.
    Pieter Wolff and MrCartas like this.
    09-09-2013 05:01 AM
    Phone is a bit big for me but hey, it wouldn't be too bad to own a WP Phablet.
    09-09-2013 05:39 AM
    I think that you shouldn't make the title as "pictures of sexyness" That just bums everyone out
    09-09-2013 06:31 AM
    Seems like one of us is already sporting this massive sexy beast.
    And it seems it's got an SD slot.
    Source: My Nokia Blog, via: The Verge.
    Attachment 42525
    Attachment 42526
    Attachment 42527
    Attachment 42528
    Attachment 42529
    Attachment 42530
    And if you look closely there's those misterious 5 pins on the back, along with the ZEISS branding instead of Carl Zeiss, just like the 1020.
    What do you think of this?

09-09-2013 06:39 AM
    Now, I'm not normally one who likes phablets, but I think this device is so good looking, it might just convert me.

I honestly believe that, if Microsoft can continue to support the device with future updates, AND it has wireless charging out of the box, this could be one of the best phones ever made.
    09-09-2013 07:30 AM
    I have a right to say it's crap as much as you want to make love to it,
    you post here at your own risk, this ISN'T a mutual admiration society if you
    want that kind of approval call your mum. The phone is huge it's not practical if
    you want to carry a purse for you phone, that's cool, if you think it's the perfect size good for you
    you have a right to your opinion. Starting a thread doesn't make you king of the thread, a forum is
    about putting forth ideas and OPINIONS.
    It's a HUGE phone that a clown would use as a prop as you can see...
    Attachment 42553
    to each their own.
    09-09-2013 07:32 AM
    Look, this phone is too big for me as well. What's the point of criticizing a device that wasn't made for you? Isn't it easier to just start looking for other devices instead of losing time with something that wasn't meant for you. It's what I do. I'm looking for a 5" LUMIA with WP8.1, so I am aware that I'm probably not the best person to judge this device. Guess some people just have to loudly express their opinion about every subject...
    Last edited by stmav; 09-09-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: quote clean up
    09-09-2013 09:59 AM
    Ugh, quality of posts on WPC is going downhill as WP catches on.

Anyways, I am still hoping my next Lumia phone will have built-in wireless charging and no camera hump. I want and updated 920 essentially.
    09-09-2013 11:02 AM
    Let's keep this thread on topic and discuss the device, not the people who use it or don't use it

http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html
    Ron.H likes this.
    09-09-2013 12:20 PM
    Dear Microsoft/Nokia/God...

- If you add more official apps/games, like "Instagram, Candy Crush etc" and improve Facebook, for example... I WILL SELL RIGHT NOW MY IPAD MINI JUST BOUGHT AND BUY THIS BEAUTY...

09-09-2013 12:39 PM
    I can't wait for this device to hit the streets. I will be first in line to get it.
    09-09-2013 09:06 PM
    I can't wait for this device to hit the streets. I will be first in line to get it.
    Are you trying to own every wp8 made?
    09-09-2013 09:09 PM
    I don't think they're mysterious holes. They look pretty similar to the holes we see on the 928, 925 and 1020 for wireless charging plates to 'plug in' to.
    Those holes appear too small to be for a wireless charging plate. The 928s wireless charging is built-in so there are no holes on the back other than speaker and the mic. The 925 and 1020 do have the small metal plates on the back that is for the wireless charging plate to make contact with. Unless they changed the connection my guess speakers.
    09-09-2013 09:17 PM
    Maybe technically, but realistically, "sex" is the root of the word. Enough said!
    My Hoosier brutha, he's right. Inanimate objects can be sexy - the inflatable kind.
    09-09-2013 09:19 PM
    Love the Crockett GIF. G. Gordon Liddy just blew up his Ferrari.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    09-09-2013 09:22 PM
    Are you trying to own every wp8 made?
    UUUmmm...yah!

I like the big screen devices its a weakness. The WP I had the longest was the Titan II mostly because of the screen size. I am trying to get some time alone with one, I have a friend of a friend that has had one in his hands.

I am not a big hold it to your ear phone guy I do all my talking on a Bluetooth so as long as I can find a pouch I can hang on my pocket I'm good to go.
    Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    09-09-2013 09:36 PM
    I'm really excited to see this device in person. Part of me thinks that it might be a little too large to carry around, but I have this feeling that once I see that 6" screen, I'll be totally sold on it. The 4.8" screen of the ATIV S screen compared to the 920 has me firmly convinced that 4.5" is too small. I expect that for my liking, 5" is the best, maybe 5.5" could be the best balance between device size and screen beauty, but the 1520 might just convince me that 6" is the way to go.

As great and problem free as the ATIV is, I'm dying to switch to a next gen Nokia device in order to make use of ProCam.
    09-09-2013 11:05 PM
    I wonder how much is this going to cost (no-contract price)? Galaxy Note III at T-Mobile is sold at $703.
    09-09-2013 11:48 PM
    Lol. Let me guess, you're one of those people that thinks a car can't be sexy. So a Ferrari GTO, Shelby Cobra, McClaren F1, or any other isn't sexy? Riiight.

Sexy can also describe inanimate objects...

http://m.dictionary.com/d/?q=SEXY
    Think thats called objectophilia. Which I have for my lumia 920 :O
    09-10-2013 02:00 AM
    I fear/expect a similar price
    09-10-2013 03:29 AM
    I fear/expect a similar price
    They have to price it competitively in order to compete with Note 3 or Xperia Z1
    Jonathan Piferrer likes this.
    09-10-2013 04:10 AM
    We don't all have banana bunch hands. The 920 is just about usable in one hand for me.
    09-10-2013 04:19 AM
54 123