Are we 100% sure it's 6in?

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
A 6 inch phone feels like no man's land. Is it possible this phone may actually be 5.5 or 5.8 inches? Either way will probably get it. I'm eligible for my upgrade Nov 1st. I would prefer a it be between 5-6 inches.

DDReaper

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Everyone use their smartphones to go on the internet or to watch videos and not to call anymore, so bigger is your screen better will be your experience for those usages.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Everyone use their smartphones to go on the internet or to watch videos and not to call anymore, so bigger is your screen better will be your experience for those usages.

Also, in countries like India (were 30% of smartphone sales are now phablets) or world largest smartphone market China, phone is often your PC and tablet. Much of the 25 million quarterly sold phablets are sold in those markets.

Can't blame Nokia for making a phone for the markets that actually buy Windows Phones.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Picture taken from the other thread.

42890d1378923930t-lumia1520leak2_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

It appears that the screen is approximately 13cm in height (I measured my ATIV S at 10.65cm for comparison).

Based on the height in that photo, and 16:9 (1.77:1), I calculate 5.877" (14.929cm) diagonally. Might be incorrect. Haven't used basic math for the last 12 years. :p

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Something doesn't look right about that tape measure and the phone in that pic to me. Not sure what it is but it just seems...off. The way I'm seeing it in the pic, phone would be over a foot tall, or maybe over 8 inches. Just doesn't look right to me. I don't know.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Something doesn't look right about that tape measure and the phone in that pic to me. Not sure what it is but it just seems...off. The way I'm seeing it in the pic, phone would be over a foot tall, or maybe over 8 inches. Just doesn't look right to me. I don't know.

you're probably thinking in inches as compared to millimeters and centimeters. it's rougly 160mm or 16cm which is roughly 6.3in

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do not see how we can be 100% sure, as nothing official from Nokia has come out yet. But I have not heard one rumor otherwise, so I think we can slip it into the 90% sure bracket.

I think my Wife's 5" Note is about as large as I could live with. The keyboard acreage is really nice. But I borrowed her "phone" to make a call once, and it felt all shades of uncomfortable up next to my face. A Bluetooth would be welcome if I got a huge phone like that. A little less bezel would help.

6" will be interesting.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I prefer 4... but I can only dream. I don't get the world and it's fascination for big *** phones.

Be interesting if in this day and age of Phablets and 5" flagship devices if a 4.0" phone with top shelf internals, a HD screen, and as nice of camera tech as you could squeeze in would sell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)