Why did Nokia went one step back with Lumia 1520

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
They may have went one step back, but there is many steps forward that make me reconsider the 1020 and make me want to get 1520.

The fact that there is a better processor, better screen, unified camera app, and MicroSD support over the 1020 make it a very tempting choice, the only thing that makes me want to get the 1020 is the camera and screen size as 6 inches is too big for me.

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Like it makes any freaking difference. Comments like these almost make me physically cringe.
That is so true, I told my friend that 1520 has 2.2GHz and he was like "Why doesn't it have 2.3GHz? The 2.3GHz is out already!". I was like "Dude, 0.1GHz extra doesn't make significant difference", he said "Yeah it does". I was infuriated like a mad man haha, it makes what...4.55% difference? Like come on that's nothing to ***** about.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Another point to add : No integrated wireless charging in the US AT&T Model of Lumia 1520 :(
on att i was going for it but its waterd down! Its not competitive! 16gb of storage ? That suck im on a gdr3 device and still sitting on 10gb of other so only 16 GB of storage is a deal breaker and no wireless charging? Big step back!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I treat my phone like baby. But despite all these measure, there are unavoidable circumstances in which your phone will be dropped once a twice in its entire life cycle.

As has already been noted more than once, Gorilla glass is not going to add much in case of a fall. It is about scratch resistance and general durability. As many owners of every Gorilla glass screen on the market can attest, drop the device and the screen can break. Quite frankly, just adding another digit foes not mean a better product for the intended use. It simply means newer and in some cases even that is not true.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
As has already been noted more than once, Gorilla glass is not going to add much in case of a fall. It is about scratch resistance and general durability. As many owners of every Gorilla glass screen on the market can attest, drop the device and the screen can break. Quite frankly, just adding another digit foes not mean a better product for the intended use. It simply means newer and in some cases even that is not true.

I dropped my 720 from lets say the height of my chest, am 5.9. Phone was dropped flat on marble floor, no damage done, except the vibration started to crackle a bit.
I had the phone replaced as I had other faults.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss