Anyone else sick of AT&T WP exclusives?

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm so sick of that exclusive B.S. And now it turns out that the AT&T Lumia 1520 is a different device all together. Different Screen, different SoC, 16GB only, no wireless charging. What the heck are they thinking. Call it 1522 so we know right away that this is a different device than the rest of the world is getting.

Nokia Lumia 1520 | Windows Phone (United States)

Wait a minute.. AT&T is getting a low spec model? WTF? Can one of the editors present in Abu Dhabi confirm this?

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
And now it turns out that the AT&T Lumia 1520 is a different device all together. Different Screen, different SoC, 16GB only, no wireless charging.

That's actually nice, after seeing a bunch of AT&T toads celebrate their ****ing exclusivity. Too bad it still has the microsd slot.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm so sick of that exclusive B.S. And now it turns out that the AT&T Lumia 1520 is a different device all together. Different Screen, different SoC, 16GB only, no wireless charging. What the heck are they thinking. Call it 1522 so we know right away that this is a different device than the rest of the world is getting.

Nokia Lumia 1520 | Windows Phone (United States)

WTF! Only 16GB???? That better be a typo!

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mo. I love T-Mo. I also love WP. Apparently that means I'm ignored by Nokia/MSFT every time there's a new high end device. It's not new, but it's just as frustrating now as ever. . . .It's unfortunate.

Unfortunate it may be, but at least Nokia and Microsoft recognize the US as an important market. Blackberry still hasn't gotten around to announcing a release date for any US carrier for it's Z30. I have Verizon at home and ATT at work, and we actually have a few lines at work with Verizon, specifically because of model-availability issues.

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder which one carrier in the whole world has the exclusive on 1520 with 32 GB storage like Vodafone had on 925. Elop's Nokia is really doing its darndest to **** people off.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I was very excited about the 1520, but since Verizon won't be getting it I'll be replacing my shattered 8X with another platform. Thanks Nokia and whoever was involved in making the 1520 a carrier exclusive.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Check out the link at the bottom of my post. It is from AT&T's spec site of the 1520.

The SOC listed is the actual name for the snapdragon 800. So that's the same. But 16gb and optional wireless charging are pretty lame. Especially the 16gb. All flagship lumias have been 32gb. Maybe they're targeting a $199 price point which would make sense. Also, I think the AMOLED screen is a typo. At least I really hope it's a typo.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I was very excited about the 1520, but since Verizon won't be getting it I'll be replacing my shattered 8X with another platform. Thanks Nokia and whoever was involved in making the 1520 a carrier exclusive.

Verizon is getting an exclusive 5 inch version of the 1520! (Same specs including 1080p and 20mp) Sounds even better to me!! I wish ATT would get the same thing.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is getting an exclusive 5 inch version of the 1520! (Same specs including 1080p and 20mp) Sounds even better to me!! I wish ATT would get the same thing.

If so that's something I would be interested in getting.

Lol good luck to you then lmao

Thanks! I've enjoyed my time on WP, but it's not the only game in town, especially since AT&T gets these exclusives.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site

This would be exciting to me (and other T-Mo customers) because Verizon LTE devices are sold unlocked. However, if the pattern repeats as it has with Verizon on multiple platforms, we won't see the 1520 variant (rumored 929) for months. At that point, the early adopting nerds (read: me) will have moved on. Huge reason I could never be on Verizon (among other large reasons).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6