Anyone else sick of AT&T WP exclusives?

Joe Acerbic

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
As a happy AT&T customer I'm going to have to say no.

Gripes about gadgets are of course extremely trivial but the attitude displayed is sadly a big problem in the bigger picture too: "I'm happy no matter how much my overlords **** me if they only **** some other people worse!".

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Gripes about gadgets are of course extremely trivial but the attitude displayed is sadly a big problem in the bigger picture too: "I'm happy no matter how much my overlords **** me if they only **** some other people worse!".

smdh Trivial indeed.

Please excuse me if I don't feel f'd over nor do I feel anyone else is being f'd over worst. Obviously you feel f'd over and well that's too bad for you. As for me I'm looking forward to having my wireless charging less, 16GB less Lumia 1520. I'm sure it will serve me well. :D

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me, but some people can't afford to pay AT&T's ridiculously jacked prices or don't want to overpay for their cell service. I would much rather pay the $79.98 for two lines that I get on T-Mobile than deal with the B.S. AT&T resorts to with overpricing on plans. So the "outrage" is perfectly warranted, especially when they take months to provide updates to phones they have exclusion to when they're supposed to be the so-called "premier" partner of these devices.
Then that's your choice. You choose to save money with T-Mobile, so there you go. Let's not play this game of who can or can't afford what, cause I for darn sure can't afford AT&T but I'm sticking with them

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Then that's your choice. You choose to save money with T-Mobile, so there you go. Let's not play this game of who can or can't afford what, cause I for darn sure can't afford AT&T but I'm sticking with them

I'm on Verizon so I could certainly afford AT&T, but I'm not about to start switching carriers to get a certain phone. I can get the top phones from Samsung, HTC, LG and Apple on my carrier, just not Nokia's. Also I can't justify switching for a phone with 16gb of onboard storage when the phones from the other manufacturers are available with 32gb. My affection for WP does have it's limits.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Well, that's quite foolish, but you do that. Stick with the crooks.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Won't there be an unlocked version of this phone available somewhere just like most other phones? Hopefully with the 32GB option. I hope that is the case.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't there be as much or more outrage about the 929 being a Verizon exclusive as there is with the 1520 being an AT&T exclusive? Being a Verizon customer I'm upset about not getting a 1520, but I think AT&T not getting the 929 is even worse. Hopefully all carriers get a 929 variant to replace the 920/928 series.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can understand some exclusives, but the extent Nokia gives AT&T exclusive phones has been a bit too much.

I've never liked AT&T though. I'm glad to be rid of them now. I remember wanting to stream Pandora on my Windows Mobile back in the day, and AT&T wanted me to pay $9.99 a month for the privilege of doing so, all the while it was free on the iPhone. Quite ridiculous considering I paid just as much per month as iPhone users.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's quite foolish, but you do that. Stick with the crooks.
Actually it's not foolish to me. I've been with everyone but Verizon, and compared to AT&T, the service SUCKED on other carriers in my area. So if AT&T is the best provider out of all of them, then I'll gladly pay them the money that I really don't want to spend

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Won't there be an unlocked version of this phone available somewhere just like most other phones? Hopefully with the 32GB option. I hope that is the case.

Not initially (in the US). At best, you'll have to import it through a site like Negri or Expansys.

Shouldn't there be as much or more outrage about the 929 being a Verizon exclusive as there is with the 1520 being an AT&T exclusive? Being a Verizon customer I'm upset about not getting a 1520, but I think AT&T not getting the 929 is even worse.

I'm less upset because Verizon's LTE devices are factory unlocked. Granted it's because they're legally required to be...but I'll take what I can get.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lumia 1080p device available on other carriers. The question is when. As a borderline gadget addict (aka early adopter), I don't take well to having to wait to use a device on my network of choice purely due to artificial network locks and/or contractual agreements.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I am tired AT&T removing features from updates and changing specs and features on new phones. For this customer experience I have been supporting AT&T with a two year contract.
I am moving to Straight Talk when the contract runs out, buy the phones we want, fully featured and still save money. Two smartphones on the share plan, 1GB data, taxes and all is usually $148 a month, two years is $3552. Straight talk is $125 for three months per phone, 2.5GB/month. Two years ST is $2000.

I put this together for the 1520: T-Mobile LTE is on band 4

RM-937 Global variant, LTE 1 3 7 8 20
RM-938 US variant - Went through FCC, LTE 2 4 5 17
RM-939 China variant
RM-940 AT&T, Went through FCC, DTM removed, no Qi charging, LTE band 4 disabled, 16GB, LTE 2 5 17
All have 32 GB memory and Qi charging except RM-940
The RM -938 is listed as a US variant at Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 1520
Even though we have seen pictures of a Verizon 1520 there have not been any tested at FCC with Verizon frequencies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs